Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Instead of RPing digital racism, maybe turn your focus to the fact that this shell of a developer has absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Last night a pack of Alliance prevented me from completing my "Final Foothold" quest because they were just sitting in krazzlefrazz outpost. I enjoyed it! (the second my cutscene ended I was MOBBED and died in seconds). It was funny.

Not sure why alliance bitch instead of, I don't know, team up.

This is like complaining that your office environment is no fun and then you put your headphones on and speak to no one for the entire day.
    Because imagine that one off time being literally every time you attempt to play the game in war mode.

It gets old as shit.

I've played on PvP servers for 14 fucking years, and loved every bit of it, but even I had to turn off war mode.

Funny too see horde who apparently "love pvp" turn it off when more alliance turn it on lol Looks like getting ganked isn't fun

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    So getting 17g from a WQ isn't worth it, but getting 51g is. I like the idea that the marginal difference between the two is the magical breaking point between it being worth turning on or not.

I also like the fact that the free 17g isn't worth it, but a contested 51g is.. your reasoning is even a single gank isn't worth 10%, but somehow frequent ganks is worth 30%. lol
    Um, do you know how math works?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    So getting 17g from a WQ isn't worth it, but getting 51g is. I like the idea that the marginal difference between the two is the magical breaking point between it being worth turning on or not.

I also like the fact that the free 17g isn't worth it, but a contested 51g is.. your reasoning is even a single gank isn't worth 10%, but somehow frequent ganks is worth 30%. lol
    After turning it on, it's no worse than it was before. The only thing I notice different is there are more people to help you out. From an efficiency perspective, it's more efficient now than it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Um, do you know how math works?
    Yes, 10% of 170 is 17. 30% of 170 is 51. Do you know how math works? (Even if you didn't figure out that 17 was 10% of 170, you should have figured 17 * 3 = 51. The fact that you are asking me if I "know how math works" after displaying your lack of is hilarious)
    Last edited by Bhorin; 2018-12-13 at 05:01 PM.

as long as 120 are not in their own bracket i wont level a single char with WM on

This has nothing to do with PVP if you are without a chance

To be frank, I have noticed exactly zero difference in warmode usage. Sometimes I run into an alliance 40 man sometimes I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    I just canned the alliance that tried to attack me with warmode on, get good? Its not a big deal functionally the game doesn't get any worse for horde players it actually becomes more exciting....
    Why do you people need to blow smoke up your asses so much?

The fact is I haven't done PVP on my Horde for a week at least, I caught the conversation when I logged in. I play mostly an alliance rogue now.

So, again, it's not about getting owned cause that hasn't happened for a while since I haven't had any Alliance attacking me so far. The point was that people are considering removing themselves from Warmode as a protest on one hand and to fool the new mechanics on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yup was to be expected. But the horde should stfu. There is a reason why alliance players like me do not turn it on before. It was mostly a gank fest.
    And yet you lot were not complaining in the first few weeks of BfA when Alliance was dominating a ton of shards. Only when your fellow Alliance players decided to outright stop participating in war mode did the bitching start. I wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Isn’t that just working as intended? The more horde that turn off wm the closer to balanced it gets and the smaller the buff gets.
    Trying to get less players on the Horde participate in one of the expansion's key features rather than making more players on the Alliance take part in it is not only shitty design, it's kinda an admission of defeat on Blizzard's part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Don't believe this "scaling buff" bullshit. It's still 30% even tho theres now more alliance than horde in warmode. Haven't seen 29% or lower.
    Does it change weekly? If so just remove warmode just before reset and game thinks your faction now has less warmode turned on and enjoy 30% buff until next reset again.
    thats what horde is doin atm to enjoy free 370 next week .

bad game design is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Why do you people need to blow smoke up your asses so much?

The fact is I haven't done PVP on my Horde for a week at least, I caught the conversation when I logged in. I play mostly an alliance rogue now.

So, again, it's not about getting owned cause that hasn't happened for a while since I haven't had any Alliance attacking me so far. The point was that people are considering removing themselves from Warmode as a protest on one hand and to fool the new mechanics on the other hand.
    I think people care too much about war mode being effective or not.

But I guess that's the nature of blizzard adding a bonus to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Horde players are basically whinging that Alliance got free stuff for once after years
    Yeah, because Horde players get free stuff every hour
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, I really hope blizz wasn't naive enough to think it would work
    Sure they were. You know, they implemented the battleground honor gain boost years ago and it was supposed to work pretty much the same way. Afterall the queues take 5 times longer for horde and alliance have 100% uptime on the buff. So yeah...there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Obviously it's not working well when Horde are spreading the word to turn war mode off out of spite.
    It's obviously working very well when faction numbers even out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Sure they were. You know, they implemented the battleground honor gain boost years ago and it was supposed to work pretty much the same way. Afterall the queues take 5 times longer for horde and alliance have 100% uptime on the buff. So yeah...there's that.
    The Alliance queue situation is so good i can queue for specific BG's and still only get a queue of 3-7 min tops.
    I love Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep turning it off, the Horde will eventually get the buff, start to get in PvP queue massively and lose the buff almost instantly.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Trying to get less players on the Horde participate in one of the expansion's key features rather than making more players on the Alliance take part in it is not only shitty design, it's kinda an admission of defeat on Blizzard's part.
    Ya abunch of horde players whining that it’s unfair and turning off warmode in some kind of stupid protest isn’t blizzards fault. Blizzard has done nothing to get less horde players to turn on war mode some horde players just want to whine that they either can’t out number allaince or that when they do out number alliance the alliance gets some kind of buff to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It wasn't fair.
    It was heavily outnumbered in favor of the Horde.

I say this as someone who's been playing in War mode on BOTH factions. A few things that I've noticed, as a personal view

1) There's far more "Alliance Slayers" on the Horde than there are "Horde Slayers" on the Horde. This is just my own anecdotal point.
    2) Again, as above, I always see more bounty targets on the Alliance than I do while I go around on my Horde toon. Usually in a raid group of Horde too.

I mean, you're basically admitting your own point here.

"No matter how bad shit gets for the Horde, they still won't be able to get the extra 370 item via a quest that is exclusive to the Alliance."

This is ONLY because the Alliance will ALWAYS be outnumbered in war mode. They will always have the disadvantage. Which is what the "unfair" part is about, but apparently when Alliance complains about being outnumbered and camped so they can't even do anything to use the 10% buff (aka - the Horde has a free 10% buff because the chances they walk into an Alliance group is slim to none), that's just being annoying.

But the Horde complains about the Alliance getting a weekly random 370 after suffering through trying to survive long enough to kill 25 Horde while being outnumbered, and it's only a 370 which is pretty useless at this point anyway, but that's justifiable?
    Except the overall faction balance isn't skewed enough to create a situation where one faction heavily outnumbers the other in warmode. The reason why that was the case was solely because more Alliance players opted out of warmode than Horde ones. And since they didn't do that because of overall faction balance as that, once again, isn't drastic enough, they did so out of their unique mentality that causes them to perceive everything that doesn't benefit them as "proof" of their MUH HORDE BIAS nonsensical conspiracy theory.

Because my anecdotal experience at the start of expansion was exactly the opposite. Horde bounties were rarer than unicorns while Alliance players camped key areas in raids full of players with bounties on them. Somehow I didn't hear MUH HORDE BIAS incessant whining from them back then. It started only when Horde players started getting organized and putting up a fight. Which then caused a ton of brave Alliance heroes to "mysteriously" disappear from warmode.

And just lol at your point trying to equalize the two. Alliance's "treatment" was unfair even though it was entirely self-made (my heart weeps for them, really). And that is somehow equal to Alliance now getting bonus items (with 370 being more than plenty for players that don't raid, or for alts) due to a situation they created when they realized they can't steamroll the Horde.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-12-13 at 05:58 PM.

I absolutely don't care about other faction bonuses and so on, but I did turn off the warmode on my Horde character.

Simply pragmatic decision as increased Alliance on world quests and few deaths here and there randomly easily outweighs meager 10% bonus.