Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    There is so much stuff in wow lore
    And people that dont get paid for writing it can remember it.

If they turn Illidan back into a villain, it's sure to be a troll move considering they spent an entire expansion undoing turning him into a villain.

Deleted
    Illidan is to the Night Elves what Garrosh is to the Orcs. Both are badass in their own way.
    I always thought Illidan was secretly a powerhungry man. It's clear that he just fought alongside the Horde and the Alliance because it suited him.
    It does make sense that Illidan is going to betray us in the end.
    All I need now is Velen to cast aside Anduin and put Turalyon into the ground and claim Azeroth for the wisest and oldest race.

Kinda funny that (most) villians in WoW are 100 times more interesting than the "heroes". It's plausible that there are some interesting heroes out there, but the only heroes that are allowed to shine are heroes with no flaws, while the interesting heroes sit beside them in the shadow of their glory.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asjon View Post
    Illidan is to the Night Elves what Garrosh is to the Orcs. Both are badass in their own way.
    I always thought Illidan was secretly a powerhungry man. It's clear that he just fought alongside the Horde and the Alliance because it suited him.
    It does make sense that Illidan is going to betray us in the end.
    All I need now is Velen to cast aside Anduin and put Turalyon into the ground and claim Azeroth for the wisest and oldest race.

Kinda funny that (most) villians in WoW are 100 times more interesting than the "heroes". It's plausible that there are some interesting heroes out there, but the only heroes that are allowed to shine are heroes with no flaws, while the interesting heroes sit beside them in the shadow of their glory.
    Jaina has plenty of flaws. As does Maiev. As does Genn.

The villain is supposed to be extremely interesting in an media form. It's basic story writing.

the red star is the remnant of the portal that connected argus and azeroth.

if something happens with it, it could be that a void lord learns to use it to bring itself into reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    We've all been fooled though, the red star is not the Seat of the Pantheon. No, it's Lavos!
    You just my day good sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Illidan's about to crash the entire Seat of the Pantheon into Azeroth just to tell Tyrande how much he loves her.
    Illidan the type of nigga to record a Garage rock love song and hold the boombox above his head, standing under Tyrande's window and blasting the music on full volume.

in other words, yeah he would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    The red star signals the coming back of dragons. The dragonflights will rise again!
    Well, There is a Giant Dragon locked inside it.

Wait. Wrong Game. Also that was a moon anyways.

I think you're on point that Illidan intends to take Sargeras's power for his own, but what he would do with that is anyone's guess. As much as he may have said "lordship over this world was never my aim" he was also the guy who said:

HEAR ME NOW, TREMBLING MORTALS. I AM YOUR LORD AND MASTER.

As he seized dominion over Outland as its brand new tyrant.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    "You lack vision"
    "We are legion"
    [insert Zagara and Kerrigan 'Vision' conversation from Heart of the Swarm here]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think you're on point that Illidan intends to take Sargeras's power for his own, but what he would do with that is anyone's guess. As much as he may have said "lordship over this world was never my aim" he was also the guy who said:

HEAR ME NOW, TREMBLING MORTALS. I AM YOUR LORD AND MASTER.

As he seized dominion over Outland as its brand new tyrant.
    Outland isn't a world, though! It's a fragment. So clearly it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Illidan's about to crash the entire Seat of the Pantheon into Azeroth just to tell Tyrande how much he loves her.
    and yet still a better love story than twilight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    There is so much stuff in wow lore
    And they have people whose jobs are to remember it all, so they can reference them about lore and story things.

I hope not. Sargeras should be released but as our ally. I wish writers would get some spine and make us together kill few planets but I doubt it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Well, There is a Giant Dragon locked inside it.

Wait. Wrong Game. Also that was a moon anyways.
    What game are you referencing to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    The red star signals the coming back of dragons. The dragonflights will rise again!
    ASoIaF reference or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Exactly, and that's a good idea.

Unfortunately I think that Blizz will use their own old method:

I don't want Illidan in WoW anymore, maybe a little scenario/cinematic... but him being main character/boss/whatever in the another expansion would be too much.
    Dude, here is the plot: Illidan is back, strong as fuck boy, sets up a tournament, gotta 1v1 him like Cell in DBZ, his rules u know, and who has beaten Illidan 1v1? That's right, Arthas. Alternate timelines, we go find another Lich King Arthas. BAM we got Lich King vs Illidan expansion. Gon be dope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas: My master sees all, demon hunter. He knows that you've sought power your whole life.
    Ner’zhul is full of crap, he didn’t 8/10 bad things that happened to him pre-Lich King, he didn’t see Arthas obliterating him, his AU version didn’t see him getting wrecked in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds by a band of random idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by SardaukarMikhail View Post

Illidan Stormrage - I understand, brother. Lordship over this world was never my aim... only power... only the magic. I've lingered here too long. I must go. By aiding you, I have betrayed my new master. If I am not careful, his wrath will be my end.
    His new master was Kil'Jaeden. A force of such power that when he manifested in Outland he shook Illidan to his core and ignited more lust for power in Kael'Thas.

The retcon of Illidan to a noble dingus of sacrifice is probably my most hated bit of lore change in all of WoW. It entirely removed the depth of his character from WC3 and from the lost soul of TBC where he's basically let the Blood Elves take over and is sitting in Black Temple waiting for KJ to show up and feed him his own asshole.

Can we count the ways in which Illidan fucked up?

Unleashed the Naga whom before were not a threat and in all likelihood thought the entire surface world destroyed.

Manipulated by Arthas into absorbing so much demonic energy that he became a demon.

Attempts to shatter Icecrown Citadel until Arthas shows up and breaks him.

Teaches the Blood Elves how to absorb fel magics which results in a large portion of the population becoming fel-addicts.

After losing to Arthas is unable to maintain anything other than a cult of personality in Outland which results in Akuma betraying him and an army of red skinned fel orcs under the leadership of a blood elf council.

The guy was a broken failure and husk of a mage. The first Azerothian warlock utterly consumed by his desire for Fel magics.

Most definitely not a good guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Illidan the type of nigga to record a Garage rock love song and hold the boombox above his head, standing under Tyrande's window and blasting the music on full volume.

in other words, yeah he would do that.
    Illidan: LOVE ME BITCH!
    MALFURION: *turns sprinklers on and slams window shut*

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So how exactly would Illidan absorb the power of the most powerful demon in existence? A Titan who nearly destroyed the entire Azeroth in just a few seconds when he was free? Someone who was about to possess Illidan body back in Nighthold, until we barely beat him back? The same Illidan who was shitting himself in fear after pissing off Kil'Jaeden back in Warcraft 3 - a demon far weaker than his master?

Hell, I don't even understand what's the point of having Illidan as a jailer. The difference in power between the two is enormours. What can he even do, bite the ankles? A flick of Sargeras' finger would be enough to beat him down. And if draining power from a Titan was this easy, the Pantheon would have done it already.

But nope, Illidan will do it. Sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    What game are you referencing to?
    When FF14 rebooted its world by blowing it up.

I really hope the same is going to happen to Azeroth to shake up this stale setting.
    Last edited by Freaking Frumpy Frak; 2018-12-14 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    We've all been fooled though, the red star is not the Seat of the Pantheon. No, it's Lavos!
    that was 65 million BC, silly
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."