Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah! Fuck vaccines! Fuck technology! Fuck gmos!

*goes back to playing with their cancer inducing iphone and shoving it next to their ear for hours on end*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    It's time to make it illegal to not vaccinate your kids. These anti-vaxxers are putting people's lives at risk because they don't understand science.
    Only reply that matters on this topic. Allergies shouldn't be a reason to not vaxx your kid. There are most likely other vaccinations that won't cause said allergies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Only reply that matters on this topic. Allergies shouldn't be a reason to not vaxx your kid. There are most likely other vaccinations that won't cause said allergies.
    Those allergies could kill them, and exactly for those kids that vaxing all kids is so important(herd immunity).
    Why is basic science so hard for you lot?

Deleted
    more than half of them happened in Ukraine, guess why while keeping in mind what has been going on over there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Those allergies could kill them, and exactly for those kids that vaxing all kids is so important(herd immunity).
    He's talking about autism.

Deleted
    Its not caused by illegal immigration lol

Its mostly religious nuts or new-age bullshit, but hey, thanks for trying.
    What religion has parables about corporate medicine and mobs of simpletons demanding injections?

You should probably post a source if you're gonna post bullshit.
    Everyone else should too then and good luck finding one.

lol you guys always blame SJWs on anything, but thTA anti-science conservatives for ya.
    It was you pro corporation guys that brought the SJWs into this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    The anti-vaxxination movement picked up far more steam in the UK than it ever did in mainland Europe, so i seriously doubt this movement is the root cause of the increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Impressive, you managed to be racist, slightly fascist with generalizing those of opposite political views and went full out conspiracy theorist in a single post.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    It's up to you to deal with SJWs plotting with evil regimes to poison your lifeblood and bring about the apocalypse.

There, I think I crammed in just as much intelligence and empathy into my post as you did yours.
    Don't go full jeffy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mqrtk View Post
    yeah lets stop with all of it. lets go back to survival of the fittest. im sure you are a Survivor the Way you talk your Immune system must be Godlike
    If you are expecting those demanding a fascist medical regime to potentially harm other people for the benefit of a few then it makes even more sense for those few and their troll supporters to take responsibility for their own problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no not muh huh huh hurd immunity.
    Last edited by mmoc7ab228a6a0; 2018-12-22 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    Can't we simply declare anti-science conservatism a mental disorder that has its roots in a genetic disorder and sterilize those people? We could have Utopia after one Generation this way...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    The number of cases can vary by 100-300% year/year.
    Move on, nothing to see here.
    Yet.

Yes: now look at the trend. There have always been 'epidemic years' when the number of cases has spiked high. However, you will also note that since the anti-vaccers gained in popularity the average number of cases has become larger and the epidemics have become larger and more serious too. I also suspect that after a really bad year, the vaccine uptake rates increase when people see how measles can turn into an epidemic and also how harmful it can be.

Anti-vaccers talk a load of rubbish about "immune systems" and rose-tinted memories of "pox parties".

The truth is that people deliberately gave their children things like measles because at that time it was a bit safer to get measles as a child than as an adult, and because there was no alternatives. Now there is: the vaccine is MASSIVELY less risky than getting measles as a kid and even more as an adult. Trouble is some are old enough to remember getting measles as a mild illness - but it can be very nasty indeed, causing blindness, brain-damage or even death. Tat's a small percentage, but the numbers go up as the number of infected people go up.

If anyone doubts the efficacy of vaccines, they should go visit a cemetary, and look in the old section - where they will find the graves of the numerus children who died from "minor childhood illnesses".

In any case, even if the illness is mild, it's miserable - why would you want to risk your kid being sick for maybe a week or more, with a horrible, itchy, painful rash and feeling awful?

I'm old enough so that some of the stuff they vaccinate against now, they didn't when I was a kid, and things like chickenpox were pretty nasty,

I was also unlucky enough to get whooping cough - I was vaccinated, but caught it almost right away after that, before the immunity could develop. I can;t remember it, but my parents can and they tell me how they were up for weeks with a very young child who would have that awful cough that went on and on until I turned blue and passed out, or threw up.

I also had mumps, scarlet fever, chickenpox, German measles. My parents were old enough to remember when people at their schools got stuff like tuberculosis, diptheria, polio!
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2018-12-22 at 09:39 PM.

The anti-vaxxination movement picked up far more steam in the UK than it ever did in mainland Europe, so i seriously doubt this movement is the root cause of the increase.
    It came from the US then came to the UK via their media because their shared language.

Deleted
    Should just put all anti-vaxxers on an isolated island so they can go and fuck themselves as best they want.

Surely it’s the anti vaccine movement and not bringing in a bunch of unvaccinated refugees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Surely it’s the anti vaccine movement and not bringing in a bunch of unvaccinated refugees.
    The later can easily be vaccinated.

The later can easily be vaccinated.
    Would they want or allow themselves to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    What religion has parables about corporate medicine and mobs of simpletons demanding injections?
    If people don't take them for religious reasons, you should not be asking me why.

Everyone else should too then and good luck finding one
    Ill wait for a source then.

It was you pro corporation guys that brought the SJWs into this.
    lol I don't even think SJWs are a thing.

And calling me pro- corporation, lol, what are you smoking?

If you are expecting those demanding a fascist medical regime to potentially harm other people for the benefit of a few then it makes even more sense for those few and their troll supporters to take responsibility for their own problems.
    It benefits everybody who takes it lol

Oh no not muh huh huh hurd immunity.
    Why do you want to kill other people with your shitty choices so much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Would they want or allow themselves to be?
    I assume the majority will.

I mean you do have the Italys current government as example, but that's hardly the cause. Ukraine has low vaccination rate thus they got measles. Oh and it happened to a single child in small place in Finland. They have low vaccination thanks to religious nutjobbery. If they were only harming themselves, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Since they are actually harming other people and their children with it, fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Yes: now look at the trend. There have always been 'epidemic years' when the number of cases has spiked high. However, you will also note that since the anti-vaccers gained in popularity the average number of cases has become larger and the epidemics have become larger and more serious too. I also suspect that after a really bad year, the vaccine uptake rates increase when people see how measles can turn into an epidemic and also how harmful it can be.

Anti-vaccers talk a load of rubbish about "immune systems" and rose-tinted memories of "pox parties".

The truth is that people deliberately gave their children things like measles because at that time it was a bit safer to get measles as a child than as an adult, and because there was no alternatives. Now there is: the vaccine is MASSIVELY less risky than getting measles as a kid and even more as an adult. Trouble is some are old enough to remember getting measles as a mild illness - but it can be very nasty indeed, causing blindness, brain-damage or even death. Tat's a small percentage, but the numbers go up as the number of infected people go up.

If anyone doubts the efficacy of vaccines, they should go visit a cemetary, and look in the old section - where they will find the graves of the numerus children who died from "minor childhood illnesses".

In any case, even if the illness is mild, it's miserable - why would you want to risk your kid being sick for maybe a week or more, with a horrible, itchy, painful rash and feeling awful?

I'm old enough so that some of the stuff they vaccinate against now, they didn't when I was a kid, and things like chickenpox were pretty nasty,

I was also unlucky enough to get whooping cough - I was vaccinated, but caught it almost right away after that, before the immunity could develop. I can;t remember it, but my parents can and they tell me how they were up for weeks with a very young child who would have that awful cough that went on and on until I turned blue and passed out, or threw up.

I also had mumps, scarlet fever, chickenpox, German measles. My parents were old enough to remember when people at their schools got stuff like tuberculosis, diptheria, polio!
    It is WAY too early to draw any conclusions.
    10 years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's the same people who are anti GMO, they don't trust science.

And anti climate change people do the same thing, though I'm sure anti-vaccers would be appalled at me lumping them in the same group.

It's odd because I suspect these people are middle class and well educated.
    It's alright because their kids aren't contracting autism #worth

Quote Originally Posted by Intersectional Gringo View Post
    The european education system seems to be failing if people fall for anti-vaxx theories.
    I'm sorry, but would you like to share your location so we can verify you don't have any anti-vaxing stupidity or would you prefer just to keep sprouting bull shit?
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    It's alright because their kids aren't contracting autism #worth

I'm sorry, but would you like to share your location so we can verify you don't have any anti-vaxing stupidity or would you prefer just to keep sprouting bull shit?
    Its Mittens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting their children and the general public in danger because of fucked up theories....Darwinism at its best.

Measles numbers surge like crazy anyhow. For Germany, they have been, starting 2001: 6198, 4722, 801, 155, 812, 2368, 586, 946, 599, 801, 1640, 186, 1845, 510, 2604, 361, 1036.

Also, I'd like to know where The Guardian is getting their numbers from. The EDCD reports 34 deaths so far in 2018.

Edit: Nevermind, ECDC obviously only covers EU states, not the entirety of Europe, that explains the difference.

Still, measles numbers surge dramatically.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2018-12-22 at 11:30 PM.