Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it's too early to capitalise on the disenfranchised part of WoW's playerbase and far too late to draw a sizeable initial audience just because "it's a new MMO that isn't WoW".

Anything worse than an absolutely stellar first 8 months and this game is doomed to the same fate of just about every other MMO there has been since 2004.

Not going to comment on gameplay because MMO gameplay hardly matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Literally anything is better than bfa atm I might pick up the early access and mess around with it
    Things to play instead of BFA

-Black Desert
    -Final Fantasy XIV
    -Elder Scrolls Online
    -Guild Wars 2
    -Lord of the Rings online legendary server
    -Swtor

Sure there are many more and then you have non mmorpg games

Don't spend money on Atlas, it is horribly anti-consumer and a clear cash grab, don't hand out your cash for them to grab.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...multiple delays, game still looks janky as hell and like they copied a good chunk from Ark, streamers are given preferential treatment for the free marketing they bring.

Is that about the right of it so far? I can't say I'm entirely surprised at the delays given what we know of the studio from Ark, I'm just surprised at how much excitement was generated so quickly. Especially given how...rough as hell the game looked even in its trailers.
    The game seems good.
    There seems to be no performance issues.
    What could have is lag once 40 000 people login on the same server.

Apart from that seems good....if you enjoy survival games.
    And thats the problem for me.
    This game is a survival game first and a pirate game after.

Its too hardcore for me so i guess ill pass.

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when Forsen died to lack of Vitamin C...
    Lack of fucking vitamin C man, on top of all the other survival things you need to do.

Ill pass just because of that, because is a survival game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a very small friends list on Steam (by choice) and two of them are currently playing this. One enjoys Ark and the other buys games left and right, but he said he has a timer set for just under 2 hours so he can refund it when the time comes. He didn't even attempt to lie to himself or me about him returning it not being practically guaranteed.

I looked into the game more and @Eleccybubb appears to be right in that it's a cashgrab asset flip. So there's nothing to suggest it won't have; unoptimized garbage performance like Ark, any other type of improvement as it's just as clunky as Ark, and is also likely aimed at consoles.

Having said that you can't blame the team/publisher. They were shown with Ark that you can sell trash, secretly use Steam to test console games, and do basically whatever else you want as long as the game is niche (OMG DINOSAURS).

You have to be pretty fucking stupid to actually pay for this.

Edit - And now a 3rd friend just bought it, but he also enjoys Ark.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-12-23 at 12:59 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    And thats the problem for me.
    This game is a survival game first and a pirate game after.
    The straw that broke the camel's back for me was when Forsen died to lack of Vitamin C...
    It's extremely amusing to me you say it's not much of a pirate game yet complain someone died of scurvy.
    I haven't played it yet or anything, just found the irony tremendously humorous.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I have a very small friends list on Steam (by choice) and two of them are currently playing this. One enjoys Ark and the other buys games left and right, but he said he has a timer set for just under 2 hours so he can refund it when the time comes. He didn't even attempt to lie to himself or me about him returning it not being practically guaranteed.

I looked into the game more and @Eleccybubb appears to be right in that it's a cashgrab asset flip. So there's nothing to suggest it won't have; unoptimized garbage performance like Ark, any other type of improvement as it's just as clunky as Ark, and is also likely aimed at consoles.

Having said that you can't blame the team/publisher. They were shown with Ark that you can sell trash, secretly use Steam to test console games, and do basically whatever else you want as long as the game is niche (OMG DINOSAURS).

I mean I really want a new king of MMOs like WoW.

For me personally FF14 has taken MY top spot atm.

However I mean in general. And part of the reason no big thing has come along is because the market is flooded with lazy, asset flipping, cash grabbing, lack of effort games such as this or Citadel: Forged with Fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    It's extremely amusing to me you say it's not much of a pirate game yet complain someone died of scurvy.
    I haven't played it yet or anything, just found the irony tremendously humorous.
    Too hardcore for me im a pussy

- - - Updated - - -

Edit - And now a 3rd friend just bought it, but he also enjoys Ark.
    Why is the game clunky?
    I saw zero performance issues on streams and the game felt fine and dandy.

OMG I'm fucken dying here this game is literary Ark reskinned......

(Twitch clip)
    https://clips.twitch.tv/IronicClearQuailRlyTho

There is a hidden menu that leads you to the Ark settings/menu and DLC.....

Oh my fucken sides hurt right now from laughing.

A $30 mod pack....ftw
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-12-23 at 01:22 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Why is the game clunky?
    I saw zero performance issues on streams and the game felt fine and dandy.

Clunky and performance are two different subjects but can also affect one another. You can also change "clunky" to "handling". Some people here will understand what I'm about to say and others won't.

Let's use Rust as an example and I'll only compare controls/handling. Rust controls/handles how a minimalistic FPS with survival/building mechanics should and wasn't held back as it was designed for PC's from the ground up. Ark was secretly designed for consoles long before anyone knew it was and the early access version on Steam was secretly being used to test it. This affected how the game handles/controls. Other variables do come into play such as what the engine needs to do for the game and how things are implemented. You certainly wouldn't want to play Rust with a controller and I don't enjoy Ark with a keyboard and mouse because it never controls as it should since it's core design is aimed at consoles.

It's not the sole reason, but this is partially why WoW happened to 'click' with me when I tried it back in 2005 and why basically no other MMO has since, except FF14 which is fairly close. If you want another comparison then compare Oblivion handling to ESO.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-12-23 at 01:40 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I do love that these days.

"It's just Alpha"

"It's just Beta"

"It's just Early Access"

And the game still comes out shit. I mean I remember when Betas were for gathering feedback about bugs/issues/the game and not for self promotion.

And also considering Ark was an Early Access game and came out playing and running like shit I won't hold my breath on this one. Not to mention it runs like shit on Switch and still runs like shit on Xbox One.
    Right and it seems more and more "It just released" is a more popular excuse for bug ridden games (see: Fallout 76)

I hope streamers tell people not to buy this crap.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    OMG I'm fucken dying here this game is literary Ark reskinned......

(Twitch clip)
    https://clips.twitch.tv/IronicClearQuailRlyTho

There is a hidden menu that leads you to the Ark settings/menu and DLC.....

Oh my fucken sides hurt right now from laughing.

A $30 mod pack....ftw
    Many legendary oldschool games used to have the exact same menu and even file structure. Even older 360 ports tended to have the same directory structure as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Right and it seems more and more "It just released" is a more popular excuse for bug ridden games (see: Fallout 76)

Fallout 76 is a bigger kick in the dick simply for existing than blizzard not giving perma bans for botting and only doing 6 month bans

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Yeah I'm sure that'll happen

Many legendary oldschool games used to have the exact same menu and even file structure. Even older 360 ports tended to have the same directory structure as well.
    Point is?

Doesn't change the fact it literary says Ark and gives you access to the DLC/Single Player menu when u do it. If you click on anything it will crash tho but its straight up proof its a mod/reskin of Ark.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I'm sure that'll happen
    Didn't even imply it would happen but okay.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point is?

Doesn't change the fact it literary says Ark and gives you access to the DLC/Single Player menu when u do it. If you click on anything it will crash tho but its straight up proof its a mod/reskin of Ark.

Would you say the same if this happened in Fallout 4 ? Disregard this if you're not a FO4 fan.

Point is?

Yeah but Shroud is playing it so imma buy it.

My god this game looks awful
    Diablo Bore.

Would you say the same if this happened in Fallout 4 ? Disregard this if you're not a FO4 fan.
    Didn't Fallout 76 flip quite a lot of assets?

Like didn't it use Skyrim dragon assets for one of the monsters among other things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Fallout 76 flip quite a lot of assets?

Like didn't it use Skyrim dragon assets for one of the monsters among other things?
    I can't comment because all I ever did in Skyrim was keep some small mods updated (nothing perverted) and never played more than 3 hours of it because the game's volume issues killed my immersion every single time I tried to get into it. I know the final boss of 76 actually is a dragon though.

The Fallout 4 example would be if it used FO3 assets, same menu, etc. Some legendary games in the 90's to early 2000's literally had the same menu since they used the same engine, i.e. Unreal Engine 1 games. If one had accidentally left in the name of a previous title I doubt I'd have reacted negatively. The issue is back then you actually got games, nowadays they're pumped out too fast and as cash grabs where the focus isn't the game but rather the money.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention it runs like shit on Switch
    DF shits all over it in the first minute and that's just the beginning of it.

Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-12-23 at 04:57 AM.

Deleted
    Atlas

162 000 viewers on twitch right now

First place

Dear Jesus i guess they found a niche community.
    The typical survival game is not for me sadly.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-12-23 at 11:28 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atlas

162 000 viewers on twitch right now

First place

Dear Jesus i guess they found a niche community.
    The typical survival game is not for me sadly.
    Like others said earlier, first week twitch viewer numbers mean little in the long run, since it's just big streamers hopping on the new game

Case in point, Shroud alone is 60k of those 160k viewers, and he gets that many viewers playing anything.