Arena Gearing 8.1 was massively nerfed, and its not even on the patch notes

This is just something I wanted to point out, because it seems Blizzard doesn't get one thing right, not even a little one, and keep on destroying even the things they do right.

as of 8.1 the number of items dropped in arena went from 1 every 10 wins (which was already an undocumented nerf they did mid-8.0) to 1 every 20 wins. This combined with the removal of End-of-match boxes (that gave blue-quality PvP gear) made gearing through PvP impossible, and now you're forced into doing other content to get gear for PvP once again.

Its shitty that the gear you get from Conquest cap won't even be useful because you had to get gear somewhere else in order to start doing arena in the first place.

The worst part is that this wasn't even documented in the patch notes "we removed 80 to 90% of the PvP gear drops, sucks for you if you want to PvP with alts", nothing, this is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    This is just something I wanted to point out, because it seems Blizzard doesn't get one thing right, not even a little one, and keep on destroying even the things they do right.

as of 8.1 the number of items dropped in arena went from 1 every 10 wins (which was already an undocumented nerf they did mid-8.0) to 1 every 20 wins. This combined with the removal of End-of-match boxes (that gave blue-quality PvP gear) made gearing through PvP impossible, and now you're forced into doing other content to get gear for PvP once again.
    Funny..

im Heroic-Raid iLevel geared...

And every single piece of it is PvP gear.

And i dont do rated anything. Ever. Nor do i step foot into Arena, not even Skirms.

Its shitty that the gear you get from Conquest cap won't even be useful because you had to get gear somewhere else in order to start doing arena in the first place.
    Protip: you can get the full Conquest bar doing 2 BGs a day for 5 days. You dont have to do any Arena. Ever.

The worst part is that this wasn't even documented in the patch notes "we removed 80 to 90% of the PvP gear drops, sucks for you if you want to PvP with alts", nothing, this is just wrong.
    Im with you here. Their patch notes are abysmal. Their tooltip game is even worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Funny..

And i dont do rated anything. Ever. Nor do i step foot into Arena, not even Skirms.

Protip: you can get the full Conquest bar doing 2 BGs a day for 5 days. You dont have to do any Arena. Ever.

Im with you here. Their patch notes are abysmal. Their tooltip game is even worse.
    You definitely gear way faster doing PvE than doing PvP. There's no way that can be denied. Also, if your only interest is playing Arena then a fresh 120 is really horrible to gear up via Arena only. 2 BGs a day for 5 days sounds like so fucking bad lmao. There are like 15 caps you would have to go through. You are better off doing PvE. Warfront gives free 340 + 385. Mythic+, if you only play with the same armor type (for example full leather) then gearing through My+ is definitely the best way. I really would like to see your armory because I am quite curious how you managed to get such a high ilvl with only pvp items, without doing ANY rated PvP.

While I don't know if they stealth nerfed the droprate from Rated PvP, I do know that they completely removed the dropchance of Aspirant gear from Rated PvP boxes. That's the most bullshit thing out of this.

Funny..

this is like the most retarded post I have seen on MMO champion, and I am not exagerating.
    There is just a little too much of everything that gives me nausea on it, its like a teenager tumblr post about economy, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, or the subject, or even whats going on, you refused to read the thread or even to have a simple background on the subject before making a post, you just felt like you had to post a reply here, like some sort of overly spoiled child.
    I was talking about NOW, not about months ago, nor about how you got your conquest cap or even about conquest cap itself.
    NOW, has nothing to do with you, nor with what you did, and your terrible perspective on the game, if you even have any.
    Please, do not post on any of my threads ever again, or reply to any comment of mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    While I don't know if they stealth nerfed the droprate from Rated PvP, I do know that they completely removed the dropchance of Aspirant gear from Rated PvP boxes. That's the most bullshit thing out of this.
    they reduced the box drops from 100% per win to 5% per win (1 every 20).
    you can no longer get aspirante gear from boxes.
    then they reduced the gear drop chance from ranked wins to 5% as well.
    Last edited by Nuba; 2018-12-24 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    You definitely gear way faster doing PvE than doing PvP. There's no way that can be denied.
    Since i never said a single solitary thing about speed.... sure. Dont disagree.

Also, if your only interest is playing Arena then a fresh 120 is really horrible to gear up via Arena only.
    Since i never said Arena was a great way to gear up... im not sure why this matters to the argument. Again, i dont disagree. Perhaps, just perhaps.. you're not meant to gear up solely through Arena. You're meant to gear up through PvP activities in general. If you're self-limiting yourself to Arena, that's on you. I self-limit myself to non-rated BGs. You dont see me here complaining about the gearing process being slower.

2 BGs a day for 5 days sounds like so fucking bad lmao. There are like 15 caps you would have to go through.
    About six, actually. You get a piece of gear the in the chest every week for completing the Conquest bar (as well as the CQ bar piece) 10 BGs a week is.. nothing. You can literally AFK in the Epic's if you want.

You are better off doing PvE. Warfront gives free 340 + 385. Mythic+, if you only play with the same armor type (for example full leather) then gearing through My+ is definitely the best way. I really would like to see your armory because I am quite curious how you managed to get such a high ilvl with only pvp items, without doing ANY rated PvP.
    Sure:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...hollow/Kagthul

I dont actually use the PvP trinkets, though i have the on-click Max HP one at 370 and another (int and a clicky? - edit: int + vers clicky) at 355. I just dont use them because the two 355 PvE trinks are slightly better. I also have the 370(5) Gladiator pieces for head, shoulders, and belt, but prefer the stat mix on the ones i have equipped currently. I only have a 355 cloak and set of boots from the Gladiator sets, though, so the two Warfront pieces are better. I am also just sitting on the 370 upgrade token, so i could upgrade one of my 355 Gladiator pieces to 370 if i needed to.

Its not that hard. People focus WAY too much on "GOTTA GEAR NAO. NAO. NAO."

I mean, i guess if you're an Arena Deathmatchbawks tryhard... meh. I'm not. (Especially since the death-spiral of Legion that saw PvP participation drop almost 85% and rated participation take a nearly 90% hit.. almost no one is, anymore) At 396.8 equipped iLevel im still substantially ahead of the people in BGs, which is the content i play. Im on-par with most people doing Arena sub-2k. And i didn't grind my face into shit to do it. Just do a few randoms for fun every day. Thats all it takes.

Edit: forgot to reply to this.

.. not really. They didn't remove the drop chance from boxes. They removed the second type of box entirely. Now, if you were going to get a piece of gear, you just get the gear. I get Aspirants gear all the time from random BGs. You just dont get a box with the gear, you just get the gear immediately. You used to get a steel box (had consumables, honor tokens) and gold box if you won (gear chance, more money, chance to drop resources). Now you just get one box that has the honor tokens, consumables, and chance for resources, and then get gear if you would have gotten gear before.

this is like the most retarded post I have seen on MMO champion, and I am not exagerating.
    There is just a little too much of everything that gives me nausea on it,
    Yeah, facts that utterly destroy your butthurt rant are probably upsetting.

its like a teenager tumblr post about economy, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, or the subject, or even whats going on, you refused to read the thread or even to have a simple background on the subject before making a post, you just felt like you had to post a reply here, like some sort of overly spoiled child.
    Kiddo, i've been a regular poster in this sub-forum forever. I posted here because your post was full of shit.

And i really like that you didn't actually refute anything. You just spewed ad-hominem shit everywhere like it meant something.

I was talking about NOW, not about months ago,
    So am I. I'm talking about right now. You can have a full set of 370+ right now without doing any kind of rated anything. Hell, with sub 3-hours of play a week. If you're bad.

nor about how you got your conquest cap or even about conquest cap itself.
    NOW, has nothing to do with you, nor with what you did, and your terrible perspective on the game, if you even have any.
    Please, do not post on any of my threads ever again, or reply to any comment of mine.
    You post bullshit, ill point it out. Dont want to get called out? Dont post bullshit. Its really that simple. I mean, i understand why you wouldn't want me posting and pointing out your bullshit, but ... nope. Gonna call your bullshit bullshit.

they reduced the box drops from 100% per win to 5% per win (1 every 20).
    you can no longer get aspirante gear from boxes.
    then they reduced the gear drop chance from ranked wins to 5% as well.
    Which wasn't the point of what you said.

Here, lets recap, so i can point out your bullshit again:

you said:

Implying that the gear isn't useful because the only way to get it would be to "get other gear to do arena in the first place".

I refuted this, since you dont have to ever do Arena to get the Conquest gear.

Same goes for this gem:

"we removed 80 to 90% of the PvP gear drops, sucks for you if you want to PvP with alts"
    Or you could just... buy the crafted PvP gear, do 10 BGs a week, and in about six weeks have a full set of gear with about 6 total invested hours per character. Man, that's rough.

What you're really whining about here, is that you cant instantly get the best gear there is.

Newsflash: You've literally never been able to.

Rate of gear acquisition is the same as it has been in every prior xpac. You could get the conquest cap (which was roughly 1 piece of gear per week, depending on your rating, slightly more if you were really high), a piece of gear from PvEp (Ashran, world quests, what have you) and a weekly piece from rated. Now you can get a Conquest piece for the cap (one per week), the weekly PvP chest (equiv to rated reward), and a PvEp piece (Warfronts).
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2018-12-24 at 06:10 AM.

Where did you get the numbers from? I definitely noticed the earlier nerf, but I think I usually got about 1 random item drop a week (sometimes 2, sometimes 0) when capping by 2v2 (so something like 40-50 wins, back when every win besides the first awarded only 10 conquest points), and with your numbers, this should have been 4-5 items on average.

Deleted
    Since i never said a single solitary thing about speed.... sure. Dont disagree.

Since i never said Arena was a great way to gear up... im not sure why this matters to the argument. Again, i dont disagree. Perhaps, just perhaps.. you're not meant to gear up solely through Arena. You're meant to gear up through PvP activities in general. If you're self-limiting yourself to Arena, that's on you. I self-limit myself to non-rated BGs. You dont see me here complaining about the gearing process being slower.

About six, actually. You get a piece of gear the in the chest every week for completing the Conquest bar (as well as the CQ bar piece) 10 BGs a week is.. nothing. You can literally AFK in the Epic's if you want.

Sure:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...hollow/Kagthul

I dont actually use the PvP trinkets, though i have the on-click Max HP one at 370 and another (int and a clicky? - edit: int + vers clicky) at 355. I just dont use them because the two 355 PvE trinks are slightly better. I also have the 370(5) Gladiator pieces for head, shoulders, and belt, but prefer the stat mix on the ones i have equipped currently. I only have a 355 cloak and set of boots from the Gladiator sets, though, so the two Warfront pieces are better. I am also just sitting on the 370 upgrade token, so i could upgrade one of my 355 Gladiator pieces to 370 if i needed to.

Its not that hard. People focus WAY too much on "GOTTA GEAR NAO. NAO. NAO."

I mean, i guess if you're an Arena Deathmatchbawks tryhard... meh. I'm not. (Especially since the death-spiral of Legion that saw PvP participation drop almost 85% and rated participation take a nearly 90% hit.. almost no one is, anymore) At 396.8 equipped iLevel im still substantially ahead of the people in BGs, which is the content i play. Im on-par with most people doing Arena sub-2k. And i didn't grind my face into shit to do it. Just do a few randoms for fun every day. Thats all it takes.

Edit: forgot to reply to this.

.. not really. They didn't remove the drop chance from boxes. They removed the second type of box entirely. Now, if you were going to get a piece of gear, you just get the gear. I get Aspirants gear all the time from random BGs. You just dont get a box with the gear, you just get the gear immediately. You used to get a steel box (had consumables, honor tokens) and gold box if you won (gear chance, more money, chance to drop resources). Now you just get one box that has the honor tokens, consumables, and chance for resources, and then get gear if you would have gotten gear before.

Yeah, facts that utterly destroy your butthurt rant are probably upsetting.

Kiddo, i've been a regular poster in this sub-forum forever. I posted here because your post was full of shit.

And i really like that you didn't actually refute anything. You just spewed ad-hominem shit everywhere like it meant something.

So am I. I'm talking about right now. You can have a full set of 370+ right now without doing any kind of rated anything. Hell, with sub 3-hours of play a week. If you're bad.

You post bullshit, ill point it out. Dont want to get called out? Dont post bullshit. Its really that simple. I mean, i understand why you wouldn't want me posting and pointing out your bullshit, but ... nope. Gonna call your bullshit bullshit.

Which wasn't the point of what you said.

Here, lets recap, so i can point out your bullshit again:

you said:

Implying that the gear isn't useful because the only way to get it would be to "get other gear to do arena in the first place".

I refuted this, since you dont have to ever do Arena to get the Conquest gear.

Same goes for this gem:

Or you could just... buy the crafted PvP gear, do 10 BGs a week, and in about six weeks have a full set of gear with about 6 total invested hours per character. Man, that's rough.

What you're really whining about here, is that you cant instantly get the best gear there is.

Rate of gear acquisition is the same as it has been in every prior xpac. You could get the conquest cap (which was roughly 1 piece of gear per week, depending on your rating, slightly more if you were really high), a piece of gear from PvEp (Ashran, world quests, what have you) and a weekly piece from rated. Now you can get a Conquest piece for the cap (one per week), the weekly PvP chest (equiv to rated reward), and a PvEp piece (Warfronts).
    I agree with you that the rate of acquisition is the same. but using your 369 lock as an example is terrible. Your gear is awful, maybe competitive in a LFR environment. You can gear much higher with less invested time if you do some organised content every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourfiftyms View Post
    I agree with you that the rate of acquisition is the same. but using your 369 lock as an example is terrible. Your gear is awful, maybe competitive in a LFR environment. You can gear much higher with less invested time if you do some organised content every now and then.
    the guy has no idea what he is talking about, he is using his own and only experience of "do the weeklies" as an example in a post talking about ranked-gearing in general, especially for new-120 alts, which has nothing to do with a casual doing "his in-game duties"

he even mentions "never doing ranked" as something he is proud of, in a thread that talks about gearing in ranked, which has nothing to do with anything. I blocked him on mmo-champion just so I never have to read his trash

His point, opinions and "facts" had nothing to do with the thread at all, he responded just because he felt entitled to do it, like a overly spoiled child would do, and that is why I point him out for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    Where did you get the numbers from? I definitely noticed the earlier nerf, but I think I usually got about 1 random item drop a week (sometimes 2, sometimes 0) when capping by 2v2 (so something like 40-50 wins, back when every win besides the first awarded only 10 conquest points), and with your numbers, this should have been 4-5 items on average.
    I took my sample out of about 300 wins I played across my characters since patch, also got 3 pieces of gear (drops, not counting caps) in ~50 wins on my newly leveled priest.
    Other players have also reported about the same rate, which is ~5% chance of a random drop per win.
    Another fun fact (and this time, just speculation) is that it seems that the chance of getting a drop be the exact same slot a recent previous drop seems/feels to be high. As in: On my alt, the 3 item drops that I got were rings, all of them. My friend (also gearing with me) got 2 cloaks, and so onwards. Its weird though, and just speculation
    Last edited by Nuba; 2018-12-24 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    the guy has no idea what he is talking about, he is using his own and only experience of "do the weeklies" as an example in a post talking about ranked-gearing in general, especially for new-120 alts, which has nothing to do with a casual doing "his in-game duties"

he even mentions "never doing ranked" as something he is proud of, in a thread that talks about gearing in ranked, which has nothing to do with anything. I blocked him on mmo-champion just so I never have to read his trash

His point, opinions and "facts" had nothing to do with the thread at all, he responded just because he felt entitled to do it, like a overly spoiled child would do, and that is why I point him out for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I took my sample out of about 300 wins I played across my characters since patch, also got 3 pieces of gear (drops, not counting caps) in ~50 wins on my newly leveled priest.
    Other players have also reported about the same rate, which is ~5% chance of a random drop per win.
    Another fun fact (and this time, just speculation) is that it seems that the chance of getting a drop be the exact same slot a recent previous drop seems/feels to be high. As in: On my alt, the 3 item drops that I got were rings, all of them. My friend (also gearing with me) got 2 cloaks, and so onwards. Its weird though, and just speculation
    The "unranked" guy was just offering different options for how to gear. It really irks me how everything boils down to entitlement, or SJW, or snowflakes or laziness on this forum. The guy is probably none of those things. He was just pointing out another way to gear, albeit his way of doing so was wrong and slightly cuntish. Why can't people just call other people cunts rather than labeling them as some indepth political instrument trying to push an agenda lol.

However, the drops I agree are far lower than expansion release and seem even lower since 8.1. I imagine this will be addressed by a blue at some point as even the blue boxes that drop are giving wayyyyyyyyyyyyy less even if the contents have been increased.

Additionally, even when playing at 2500mmr+ with 2400+cr I'm still having 340 purples drop for me even though I'm 388.

Maybe he'd prefer the way it was done in Vanilla....

Its Blizzzard.. did you think theyd get this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fourfiftyms View Post
    The "unranked" guy was just offering different options for how to gear. It really irks me how everything boils down to entitlement, or SJW, or snowflakes or laziness on this forum. The guy is probably none of those things. He was just pointing out another way to gear, albeit his way of doing so was wrong and slightly cuntish. Why can't people just call other people cunts rather than labeling them as some indepth political instrument trying to push an agenda lol.

However, the drops I agree are far lower than expansion release and seem even lower since 8.1. I imagine this will be addressed by a blue at some point as even the blue boxes that drop are giving wayyyyyyyyyyyyy less even if the contents have been increased.

Additionally, even when playing at 2500mmr+ with 2400+cr I'm still having 340 purples drop for me even though I'm 388.
    what the fuck?
    I didnt say anything political, are you legally retarded? do you have a certificate?