Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're directly rewarded (with money) by slowing down content to just what you can deal with before unsubbing. So if they can get you to sub for 2 months instead of 1 month, you've now given them 15/20 USD more, depending on if you use tokens or not.

as long as wow remains a theme park, with little to no player driven content. Content will forever be to slow.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    The pace is set for the casuals, who pay the bills. The no-lifers who can play all day will just have to wait.
    This. There was a guy who posted on like day three of the xpac talking about how he hadn't slept, eaten, or bathed since launch, finished all the quests, did all the M0s then came onto the forums to complain that "that was it? where's all the content?"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    There's 28 days to look forward to, until the next raid is released.
    And it's gonna be bad 28 days later, didn't you see the movie??

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Becouse it droves players away? You really think people will sub to game what artificialy gate content becouse blizzard cant make enough long lasting content? No they wont. Maybe Blizz should focus more onmaking content last longer than on different systems to gate content from us. Matbe if game would not be so easy and accessible for every medicore player this game would not need this type of mechanisms.
    Is this your first expan? Every single one since tbc has had time gating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Are you really complaining there is nothing to do? I can't see your armory, but unless you have close to every mount, every achievement, honor level 500 and 390ilvl, then, get to work, there is A LOT to do.
    You are absolutely right man .
    brb gonna do 2000 pet battles in draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    what's amusing about these posts is that its obvious people didn't play in TBC etc. Patches in TBC, Wrath, Cata et al came every 4-5 months.

Are you really complaining there is nothing to do? I can't see your armory, but unless you have close to every mount, every achievement, honor level 500 and 390ilvl, then, get to work, there is A LOT to do.
    Yeah, all things that don't feel rewarding to do so it's boring and not fun... Tons of stuff to do... Lots.

While I see your point in a way, when people often say this, they mean content that they, themselves, find fun and engaging. Just doing things for the sake of doing them or to be a completionist, does not work for everyone.

My personal suggestion is, to the OP, even though it might cost more per month, technically, go to a month by month sub plan. Then you can unsub for large swathes of time and pop back in when things are in line with your playing. As I have often said, I'm waiting for 8.2 for a number of reasons. Maybe hold out for that. If it comes, though and I do everything I can, I'll stop playing and hold out for something else that has what I want. Now, someday, if they release a hefty, monthly content patch, I'll have to stick around every month. And with them moving so many devs into the WoW creation pool, that might actually be a goal they are aiming for- seeing the same thing I do. That giving us casuals a little bit every few months means, we unsub. As a casual, when I unsub, it also means I am not buying gold or spending other potential income.

They leave revenue on the table often and have for years, but I think those days are, thankfully, coming to an end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    what's amusing about these posts is that its obvious people didn't play in TBC etc. Patches in TBC, Wrath, Cata et al came every 4-5 months.
    I've been around since the original beta before Vanillas released (I miss riding on my black, unsaddled raptor). Anyway, the fact about this is that I have evolved and aged since those days. When WoW came out I was 25. I'm 40. My life and what I find fun have not stagnated (perhaps yours has), but I require more for my money and I play very differently now. The old DKP Molten Core runs I used to spend hours and months doing every week, are not even close to viable or fun to me anymore. In fact, I no longer raid at all. I am 100% gold buying casual these days. And, back then I would never have even imagined myself cutting my 6 month at a time subscription, but now days, it's almost mandatory for me to come and go as they add things I want to do, or don't, causing me to come and go. (And vicariously causing my money to come and go with me!)
    Last edited by The Anax; 2018-12-25 at 08:30 PM.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Deleted
    Lmao who the fuck cares about mounts and achievements...hes asking after meaningful content that actually progress your character in some way, not boring stuff that is irrelevant.

I have to agree. With 8.1, I was sure that the Zandalari and Kul Tiras humans would be in, but nope. I see no reason for these types of things to be gated. Heck, they should be coming out even faster. It was supposed to be filler content to help lessen these droughts. Its annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    People know why. The opposite faction lmao
    The old gods even. So much old god undertone. You've gotta be dumb to say you don't know what you're fighting against.

Also, wows a 10+ year old game that receives update after update.
    Again. Tell me why the fuck you think it should work like a book or movie and not the way it works right now? It needs a story reason to add more content and updates.
    I want the story to be the reason I keep coming back.

Otherwise everything would be just the same thing without a new bit of the story.
    you understand now that the faction war at this very moment is futile because of the old gods playing both sides against each other. I just told you.
    Now your whole world turned upside down. don't try to twist my winning argument like it was yours and take your loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    I rarely want to reach through my monitor and slap someone but for you kid I think I’d make an exception. You sound like the king of entitlement. Go outside and get perspective.
    you'd be fucked up crying on the ground in 5 seconds if you tried anything stupid kid, so you better shut the fuck up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    So when you read a book, do you jump right to the end?
    /slow clap.
    What makes you think I implied this?
    Rather, we should consume content at our own pace and know the full story if we consume it faster than the rest.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-12-25 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    So when you read a book, do you jump right to the end?
    When I read a book, I get all the chapters, not half of chapter 1 in week 1, a quarter of chapter 1 in week 2, another quarter in week 3, a third of chapter 2 in week 4, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    8.1 had a lot of news, and now you have holiday.
    You mean 8.1 has a lot of gating on practically no content. It's WoD/Legion all over again.

Ah yes, because everyone enjoys PvP, Mount Collecting, Achievement Farming, and Mythic Raiding.

As an 8/8M player myself with no interest in PvP, and having stopped doing mount/achievement collecting, I find myself having nothing to do that's actually fun or matters (read: is progression in some way). Hell, my friends who barely play this game find themselves bored.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    When I read a book, I get all the chapters, not half of chapter 1 in week 1, a quarter of chapter 1 in week 2, another quarter in week 3, a third of chapter 2 in week 4, ...
    Also the book is typically 200 pages long, not 15 pages. I also don't pay monthly for a new page every week on top of paying 4 months worth for the first 15 pages.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    you understand now that the faction war at this very moment is futile because of the old gods playing both sides against each other. I just told you.
    Now your whole world turned upside down. don't try to twist my winning argument like it was yours and take your loss.

- - - Updated - - -

you'd be fucked up crying on the ground in 5 seconds if you tried anything stupid kid, so you better shut the fuck up

- - - Updated - - -

/slow clap.
    What makes you think I implied this?
    Rather, we should consume content at our own pace and know the full story if we consume it faster than the rest.
    But you have no winning argument lol. Nor is my world "turned upside down".

I've already known the Old Gods orchestrated most of everything. But that doesn't mean the faction war is futile.

That's like saying the events in WoTLK were all futile because Yogg-Saron had bits and pieces of the LK's history within his memory, implying he had his hands (tentacles, have you) in the events that lead up to the LK's reign.

Again, you're crying for the sake of crying. Get over it lol.

It's legit to think current o is maybe not worth te sub, but story content has never before released faster in the history of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And most of them didn't have anything in it for casuals, just here's raid, here are class nerfs, maybe a dungeon, done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I've been around since the original beta before Vanillas released (I miss riding on my black, unsaddled raptor). Anyway, the fact about this is that I have evolved and aged since those days. When WoW came out I was 25. I'm 40. My life and what I find fun have not stagnated (perhaps yours has), but I require more for my money and I play very differently now. The old DKP Molten Core runs I used to spend hours and months doing every week, are not even close to viable or fun to me anymore. In fact, I no longer raid at all. I am 100% gold buying casual these days. And, back then I would never have even imagined myself cutting my 6 month at a time subscription, but now days, it's almost mandatory for me to come and go as they add things I want to do, or don't, causing me to come and go. (And vicariously causing my money to come and go with me!)
    Prime example why people who claim vanilla wow was amazing and current wow isn't, are wrong. People who played vanilla in its original form moved on now, and that moment cannot be recaptured. I don't expect classic servers to get millions of people back. People grew older, new generation came, new competitors came to the gaming market putting higher comparison bar.

People say the game lost millions of subscribers, but no one knows how many due to "game being shit" and how many due "I have job, family, children, social life and no room left for 20h+ a week spent on gaming nvm a single game consuming all my free time".

And tbh since Cata wow is mostly taking in mind in its design that some portion of the playerbase only subs for big patches, catches up quickly with old content they missed, checks out what's new, then unsubs again. And it's designed in a way that allows it.

MMOs are overall in decline, because adult people will rather spend 60$+ for a quality game like the last year's God of War or RDR2 that maybe won't last for weeks, but will provide quality entertainment for the low amount of free time they have, than low on story, low effort grinders, or they will play on their phones during lunch break (no wonder Activision is jumping on that badwagon), while kids with lots of time first moved to mobas, then to battle royales. It's a bit delusional to believe they can squeeze any user number growth out of wow.

Personally I think it's a mistake that recent wow concentrates so much on world quest farming, paragon reps, AP and all these low effort repetitive grinds, I somehow don't see how a person who has very little time to get meaningful entertainment would want to spend that time on farming wqs or islands... It's "bite sized" content but one you see no results from unless you spend hours and hours on it day after day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    But you have no winning argument lol. Nor is my world "turned upside down".

I've already known the Old Gods orchestrated most of everything. But that doesn't mean the faction war is futile.

That's like saying the events in WoTLK were all futile because Yogg-Saron had bits and pieces of the LK's history within his memory, implying he had his hands (tentacles, have you) in the events that lead up to the LK's reign.

Again, you're crying for the sake of crying. Get over it lol.
    It's redundant no matter how we slice it.
    Cata had a healthy mix of conflict put into as well, but focusing only on the faction war is too little to build an expansion upon.
    We need a central figure - a true enemy to appear soon, because infighting against ourselves is getting old fast.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-12-26 at 12:10 AM.

meh. the premis of BfA is fair enough. Alliance VS Horde. Cool enough consept.

What im annoyd with is answering why we fight eachother, and what this azerite thing really is. Its just been "hey we found something that blows shit up really good, we gotta get it before the horde". Then we find this azerite pretty much everywhere and there never really is any "conflict" about these resources. Both factions just farm it to death.

The whole "why" on why this war started to begin with is at best vague. Hopefully we sit with clear and good answers at the end.

LIke why does Sylvanas burn the world tree? Why does she suddenly go after the night elfs? Military reasons? Just bored? Gone full bat mental crazy? Horde pride? Mad at the boy king?
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2018-12-26 at 12:17 AM.

Content isn't slow - our society has no patience anymore and is quickly tired of everything nowadays.
    Last edited by Daan; 2018-12-26 at 12:23 AM.