Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    People that like guns like them because they enjoy having the power to kill.

Basically, anyone that likes guns is a shit person. This is why you don't see many in europe being in favor of guns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Imagine being this wrong about something lmao. Sounds like you're stereotyping to me...
    Ha, get triggered. Goddamn death loving americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Basically what I said to the other guy.

I grew up with guns in my household. My mother had a .45 S&W and rode motorcycles, lol. She was a bad ass during her midlife crisis. My father was an avid hunter, he liked hunting deer and bear.

I recall a story my father told me, he perched up in a tree for hours and finally nabbed a perfect kill of a bear. He was able to salvage the whole thing and sell it as a bear rug, with the head still attached. $$$$$ at the time.

I had 3 guns in my closet. Never once in my life did I think of taking the gun and go on a shooting rampage.

None of my friends bothered me about the guns either. I was strict and said no one is allowed to touch any of the "real guns" but they could play with the BB gun all they like. We'd shoot it in the backyard during hot summer days.

Right now at my age? I just want to go for a gun license just to be able to buy one if I need to. It's just a tool and a tool that I don't need right now.

Do I advocate smarter gun control? Absolutely.
    Are guns the problem? No, it's the American Culture that's the problem. Not "mental illness" or anything else, just the culture.

350 million guns in America. 10 thousand non suicide related gun deaths in America per year. 99.999% of guns are being used wrong I guess lol.

If you dislike guns because of the actions of .001% of gun users, you are no different than racists. Stop being a nazi.

Ha, get triggered. Goddamn death loving americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically what I said to the other guy.
    Nice Kafkatrap bro.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I obviously did not count shooting into dummy targets and plastic bottles. That's just waste of money and stupid.
    With all due respect, wouldn't that equate to any consumable entertainment?

Deleted
    It's not really normal in the UK.

Also video game enjoyment =/= real life.

I like Pokémon I don't like cock fights

I like stellaris I don't want to be a political leader

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    350 million guns in America. 10 thousand non suicide related gun deaths in America per year. 99.999% of guns are being used wrong I guess lol.

If you dislike guns because of the actions of .001% of gun users, you are no different than racists. Stop being a nazi.
    Well that's a stretch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesir22 View Post
    Hunting rifles are not the same as a shotgun.

One hunts animals, the other people.

How about you try again?

People that like guns like them because they enjoy having the power to kill.

Basically, anyone that likes guns is a shit person. This is why you don't see many in europe being in favor of guns.
    You do realize saying this makes you look like a complete idiot, don't you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    To anyone that disagrees perhaps. But they are already some of the worst scum of humanity, so I can't say their opinion matters.

If every gun lover in the world died, the world would 100% be a better place.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-12-27 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Inracted for trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Pretty sure hes just larping. He just implied shotguns are used to hunt people Haha.

To obsess over them is like obsessing over any other object/tool/item. It's weird. And people who do so are super obnoxious about it too.

Nobody cares except for the radical left.

Afterthought: I'm pretty positive Colactic is trolling you fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Yeah man, that gun is the magical solution to safety! Keep believing that packing heat everywhere - just in case - is the same as avoiding a dark alley at night. You must carry your gun everywhere - sorry if I triggered you.
    I dont own any firearms, but its telling that you decided to attack me instead of answering a basic question.
    Last edited by petej0; 2018-12-26 at 06:35 PM.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

There's nothing wrong with liking guns. The problem is the segment of the population that fetishizes them and derive their self worth and "power" from how many firearms they own.

It's the same with obsession over anything else where obsessing over an item, a fandom, hobby, etc gets dangerous when it dictates your life, morals, responsibilities, etc. The gun fandom is just one that has actual political sway.

I own and enjoy guns. I shoot for sport and hunt for food. I don't need guns to feel like I have control and safety over my life. Others have to have an arsenal, which can be dangerous, as paranoia like that isn't the best state of mind to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

No, far from it. I enjoyed the range myself back then, it's subjectively a very fun hobby.

What's weird is to think you need a gun unless your job requires it.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Only because you live in a place someone else might have one to shoot you with.
    Because criminals only exist if guns do? People commit violent crimes with anything they can get their hands on, or their hands themselves. They act out violently to steal, out of anger or as sexual predators. Firearms are great equalizers, they give people the ability to stop threats. While I don't necessarily believe they're needed every time you step outside, but once in my home you're at great risk trying to cause me harm.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, though it often depends on ways which you choose to display that affection.

Posting a picture of you posing with a gun? You look like a cringey lunatic

Picture of you shooting at the range? Much more acceptable

I see couple of reasons why anyone would like guns.

First, you do not fully understand it can kill someone.
    Or you do, but you are not mature enough to understand it.
    Or you do and you have some really grim intentions.

Second, if you like guns for "entertaining" purposes, then question rises how do you feel when you use a gun?
    Do you feel powerful? Do you feel secure?
    Because if you feel plain entertained, you are obviously not mature enough.

If you feel powerful or secure OR strong then that can only mean that you have to use some external material in order to compensate the feelings of feeling weak,
    insecure and basically everything you lack internally since you obviously need an external to compensate it.

If that is the case, then you display your self as a very insecure person who carries a gun. That sounds legit?

Third, why would anyone like something that has a potential danger? I see some people mix it for entertainment as if you can play say Counter Strike and have the same end results as you can with the real gun.

There is that saying that is not just there for no reason and joking on memes and it goes:

It's all fun and games until someone looses an eye.

I understand that there are people who just plain like the mechanics of a gun and they jerk of on the power and accuracy it can produce, but my experience with people (also reading this forum) is - fuck me if anyone behaves stable enough for me to trust that person being near when they carry a gun.

So yes, to me, it's weird to like guns.

Hunting rifles are not the same as a shotgun.

One hunts animals, the other people.

How about you try again?
    My AR-15 is a Hunting Rifle and that is exactly how I use it. But the Leftists stupidly made them an "Assault Rifle" which is any weapon used to harm another person the AR 15 is just a baby semi-auto Rifle, which are cheap and easy to work on so they are very popular. I have several Shot Guns which are used for the same thing as my Rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakylukia View Post
    I see couple of reasons why anyone would like guns.

First, you do not fully understand it can kill someone.
    Or you do, but you are not mature enough to understand it.
    Or you do and you have some really grim intentions.

Second, if you like guns for "entertaining" purposes, then question rises how do you feel when you use a gun?
    Do you feel powerful? Do you feel secure?
    Because if you feel plain entertained, you are obviously not mature enough.

If you feel powerful or secure OR strong then that can only mean that you have to use some external material in order to compensate the feelings of feeling weak,
    insecure and basically everything you lack internally since you obviously need an external to compensate it.

If that is the case, then you display your self as a very insecure person who carries a gun. That sounds legit?

Third, why would anyone like something that has a potential danger? I see some people mix it for entertainment as if you can play say Counter Strike and have the same end results as you can with the real gun.

There is that saying that is not just there for no reason and joking on memes and it goes:

It's all fun and games until someone looses an eye.

I understand that there are people who just plain like the mechanics of a gun and they jerk of on the power and accuracy it can produce, but my experience with people (also reading this forum) is - fuck me if anyone behaves stable enough for me to trust that person being near when they carry a gun.

So yes, to me, it's weird to like guns.
    What if you respect guns and the danger of them but werent scared of them? I know the lethality of them, but I enjoy shooting them. Shooting clay pigeons is fun because you have to be quick and have good aim. I have never met another gun owner who liked shooting guns because he felt insecure. It seems to be anti gun people who are projecting that.

Video games will never replace the real thing. Its artificial. People drive vehicles everyday. Far more deaths from them but I imagine you drive on a road almost everyday?

I think you would change your mind if you learned more abt them and got to shoot one at a range with knowledgeable people.