Poll: 4 months in WoD vs BfA, which seems more lackluster?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronklez View Post
    In my opinion WoD was better off 4 months in due to class design and alts not feeling dreadful to play. At least 3 months in we had another raid (Blackrock Foundry).
    Yeah, isn't really a contest. I first thought the thread was gonna be "last 4 months of WOD" vs "first 4 months of BFA"

I actually unsubbed from WoW two months ago for the first time in almost a decade. Islands were no fun, and outside of raids there was nothing to do that was enough to hold my attention anymore. You can never have the best gear anymore which as a mythic raider, all I cared about. But with the titanforge system you could raid the same tier every week for 50 years and still not be BIS. It made me realize that putting in so much time in now is pointless since the goal is no longer achievable unless you're extremely lucky. Plus 90% of my old guildies I played with for over 10 years have all quit.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2018-12-31 at 05:43 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I think its fair to say that WoD has been considered the least liked expansion of all times up till now.
    Personally I enjoyed the first few months of WoD, but in general the player base seemed to hate its lack of content etc.

Now BfA till now, seems to be reaching WoD level of hatred from people playing the game. Everywhere you look around there has been a general grim going around. I know that grim always existed, even during good times like Wotlk etc, but just the amount of grim is outstanding.

So since we are 4 months into BfA with what seems to be a reduced budget expansion overall with a lot of missing things/fixes that were pointed out since beta, what do you think?

Is BfA going down to history as the least liked expansion and surpasing WoD?

Personal opinion BfA is the least fun I ever had in wow. I subbed and leveled early into the expansion, then set off doing dailies to unlock Dark Iron. I got bored as soon as I reached exalted and just quit. Haven't been back and I was looking forward to the experience changes etc so I would come back and level my dark iron but every single post out there has had me thinking is not even worth it as am just gonna level and then thats it, the end game seems lackluster as it was from the start of the expansion.

For the first 4 months I'd choose BfA easily. There is still time to overturn that decision but I don't see anything coming our way the next 4 months that would make me change my opinion.

So 4 months into WoD or 4 months into BfA, which one seems to be worse?
    WoD had far less content. Literally only had mythic dungeons and two raids. BfA has more dungeons, an 8 boss raid, warfronts, island expeditions, mythic plus. so yeah WoD had 1 more raid but we are getting a new raid soon. and WoD had a major problem with content pacing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronklez View Post
    In my opinion WoD was better off 4 months in due to class design and alts not feeling dreadful to play. At least 3 months in we had another raid (Blackrock Foundry).
    that was half the problem with WoD though - that raid was released way, way to soon. if they had pushed it back a couple of months and then pushed HFC back the same couple of months the content drought wouldn't have been as bad

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    Systems in BfA still need work but I'm having a pretty good time.

WoD was great until there was nothing to do, and that happened quickly.
    Story was bad IMO. Time traveling shenanigans rarely works well.

BFA has content the issue is that it isnt fun and the systems are shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD Classes were more fun to play.

i just leveled through the wod zone. no, its truly dogshit. in the first horde zone i counted 20 different mobs that stun. thats the first non fun impression people had of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Story was bad IMO. Time traveling shenanigans rarely works well.
    WoD was pretty well-received which included a massive peak in sales, commonly lauded for its more dramatic and cinematic approach to WoW storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by P5YKO-TP View Post
    This was really the only good thing to take away from WoD for me. I tried way more specs in WoD then I have in the the next 2 expansions combined.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    that was half the problem with WoD though - that raid was released way, way to soon. if they had pushed it back a couple of months and then pushed HFC back the same couple of months the content drought wouldn't have been as bad
    "Not as bad" is still bad. I'm not going to argue that WoD wasn't lacking content to physically do. What I am going to argue is the content we did have to do was fun because classes were fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I actually unsubbed from WoW two months ago for the first time in almost a decade. Islands were no fun, and outside of raids there was nothing to do that was enough to hold my attention anymore. You can never have the best gear anymore which as a mythic raider, all I cared about. But with the titanforge system you could raid the same tier every week for 50 years and still not be BIS. It made me realize that putting in so much time in now is pointless since the goal is no longer achievable unless you're extremely lucky. Plus 90% of my old guildies I played with for over 10 years have all quit.
    I feel for you, bud. BIS was such a great thing to chase and now its nearly unobtainable and I was feeling this during Legion but with classes being more complex than what BFA presents (mainly due to legendaries and the choices they gave) you could be better by simply theory crafting instead of all RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    im pretty sure every current expansion is the least liked expansion of all time.
    for the 1502 time someone mention it, and as already proven before, no that doesn't happen
    WoD dominated worst exp poll since 6.1, while even during mop and how much hate panda got cata dragon soul still beat it easier, at least after 5.1
    and during legion WoD still won any worst exp poll, even now try make a poll and wod will beat bfa, bfa however will be 2nd beating cata the usual 2nd worst (and for record i hate mop more than cata)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    MoP was the beginning of WF/TF, not WoD. As much as MoP was the best expansion we've had, it did do some things wrong. Adding thunder/warforging was one of those things, because they devolved into the degeneracy we have now, even if the goal at the time(incentivizing 25man) was understandable.
    Imo blizz pushed it with the rng gem slots and the ilvl bump in brf because they were hurt that their junk gear got DEd on a world first kill

I honestly think if you took legion systems like m+ and WQ and placed them in MoP we would have perfection

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    for the 1502 time someone mention it, and as already proven before, no that doesn't happen
    WoD dominated worst exp poll since 6.1, while even during mop and how much hate panda got cata dragon soul still beat it easier, at least after 5.1
    and during legion WoD still won any worst exp poll, even now try make a poll and wod will beat bfa, bfa however will be 2nd beating cata the usual 2nd worst (and for record i hate mop more than cata)
    The sad part is BfA still has more content in 8.1 than all of WoD
    Shame the systems suck

Quote Originally Posted by swordy View Post
    i just leveled through the wod zone. no, its truly dogshit. in the first horde zone i counted 20 different mobs that stun. thats the first non fun impression people had of the xpac.
    No, the first non-fun impression was how unplayable the launch of the expansion was for at least 24h-week for FULL servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Never thought Id say this
    But WOD was better 4 months in.
    Questing was amazing, story was very fun even if non consequental
    Dungeons were a blast and not bland

I mean I quit wod after highmaul but took me a while, ive already quit BFA
    Been playing since Usa open beta.
    i played more than 4 months of WoD, the only good thing i like from that time is how easy i farmed gold
    the only time i hate i kept my sub was wod, i keep sub/cancel normal, but i didn't regret subbing except in WoD for more than 3 months
    Legion specially i hate i had to cancel sub before i enjoyed my very low geared priest healer
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I don't know what kind of WoD you guys played, but I remember it's "daily quests" and "reputations" and that stuff was weird af. Classic-WoW tier, probably worse..
    maybe ppl who didn't play it for more than 1 month after each patch and ignored the 'amazing' selfie patch?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    WoD had fun classes. BfA doesn't. 0 reaching required. WoD might not have had that much content, but at least it was fun to do, unlike BfA, because in BfA while the content might be okay and there's a lot of it, very little of it is actually fun to do, thanks to classes being shit.
    WoD also nerfed a class heavily a week before raids opened and completely negated peoples original leveling and gearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P5YKO-TP View Post
    and wrath was even more fun, but i agree bfa classes are the worst i played ever
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    This is not the game for people who believe they need full BiS in every possible way. RNG makes that either very easy or impossible. Even previous expansions it could take you 3+ years to get BiS sorted out, which by time you did was already inferior or obsolete. Getting hung up on that, rather than focusing on the experience and progression/boss kills will always burn you out if RNG isnt in your favour. Reminds me of the rogue from a top 500 guild in TBC still running Gruuls for the trinket despite progressing into SWP. He never got his trinket either. Or one of the higher guilds who couldnt get glaives to drop but the guild outside the top 1k had 3 sets by end of TBC, or myself, I ran Kara every week for the entire expansion and never got t4 gloves or gorehowl for my paladin (was still running it long after I no longer needed either but still wanted both items).

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    This is not the game for people who believe they need full BiS in every possible way. RNG makes that either very easy or impossible. Even previous expansions it could take you 3+ years to get BiS sorted out, which by time you did was already inferior or obsolete. Getting hung up on that, rather than focusing on the experience and progression/boss kills will always burn you out if RNG isnt in your favour. Reminds me of the rogue from a top 500 guild in TBC still running Gruuls for the trinket despite progressing into SWP. He never got his trinket either. Or one of the higher guilds who couldnt get glaives to drop but the guild outside the top 1k had 3 sets by end of TBC, or myself, I ran Kara every week for the entire expansion and never got t4 gloves or gorehowl for my paladin (was still running it long after I no longer needed either but still wanted both items).
    BIS is more or less a carrot on the stick to chase and feel good about when it's complete and with how Blizzard wishes to handle RNG of gear now its damn near impossible to EVER have BIS in an expansion going forward. When it comes to TBC that was just a different beast in comparison to the slip-ups we've had going forward with BIS and how its obtained for most classes.

Chasing an obtainable carrot > Chasing an one on a treadmill

15+ Year Old Account
    People have such short memories. WoD was fine at launch but 6.1 had nothing and after 6.2 there was literally nothing new added for like 12+ months.

If you don't like BFA class design, fine. WoD as an expansion had fuck all going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    BFAs content is better than WoDs, problem is that all of it is pointless and we're back in "raid or die".
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.