Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Tyrande Whisperwind vs Sylvanas Windrunner? With no Priestess or Banshee powers, I think would be kind of even. Maybe even favoring sylvanas since her position and knowledge is entirely dedicated to warfare.

Priestess of Elune Tyrande vs Banshee Queen Sylvanas? Well lorewise if Elune wants it Tyrande can go pretty much completely invulnerable and whatever other OP shit. Banshees can do a lot of things but they still just regular units, Priestess Tyrande is a proper hero unit.

Avatar of Elune's Vengeance Tyrande vs Lich Queen Sylvanas? Night Warrior is a stupid ass name. That aside, if Elune's powers are normally OP then they should be completely broken when vengeful. But Sylvanas has her New Scourge, she can send waves and waves of horde thralls to die and be ressed by valkyrs. With Tyrande's OP AoE though it's only a matter of who's faster, Sylvanas raising them or Tyrande killing them. I think it's on Tyrande's favour.

WoW Tyrande vs WoW Sylvanas? Nobody wins. We all lose. It'll be just shitty writing and some random shit happens to stop the fight and then they turn to us random assholes behind them and call us heroes and send us off to fight instead. WoW is where lore comes to die.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    ??? Sylvanas was the better archer and knows how to keep to the shadows just as good as Tyrande, she would have destroyed Tyrande prior to becoming the Night Warrior. After is more of a toss up, it depends what lengths Slyvanas would go to for victory, would she just plague Tyrande to death?
    It's like you just casually forgot all the other abilities Tyrande has, so you could headcanon your way to Sylvie winning... Tyrande is a priestess of Elune first (and by far the most powerful one even before the night warrior buisness), an archer second.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Well depends. Sylvanas is a master strategist and no pushover. While Tyrande is to put it bluntly not a dedicated fighter. That's why Tyrande would fall short in any sort of serious scrap, before the Night Warrior power up. (There is a vast difference between holding off a couple random undead and full force of the scourge)

Problem with this matchup is that both would heavily rely on hax and outside boons, which makes it unpredictable and dicey. Ultimately we will have to see what the Night Warrior thing actually does, if anything besides transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas forced Malfurion to run several times and hes far more powerful than Tyrande.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Tyrande was already the high priestess of Elune. Along with being a warrior with 10,000 years of experience. Before it would have just been a one sided fight for Tyrande. After the Night Warrior power up it's an utter cake walk.
    You realize Sylvanas is also an elf with far more experience than Tyrande. In fact in terms of actual lore from Blizzard "Sylvanas was the ranger-general of Silvermoon, whose leadership acumen and martial prowess were without equal." Without equal in life, stronger in death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It's like you just casually forgot all the other abilities Tyrande has, so you could headcanon your way to Sylvie winning... Tyrande is a priestess of Elune first (and by far the most powerful one even before the night warrior buisness), an archer second.
    Read above and be educated.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

You realize Sylvanas is also an elf with far more experience than Tyrande. In fact in terms of actual lore from Blizzard "Sylvanas was the ranger-general of Silvermoon, whose leadership acumen and martial prowess were without equal." Without equal in life, stronger in death.

Wha? Alleria is the oldest of the sisters at about 2800, with Sylvans being, much, much, much younger. Tyrande has literally lived tens of lifetimes more than Sylvanas. Sylvanas most certainly does not have more experience than somebody who fought in the War of the Ancients. She was the General of the Sentinels and is the High Priestess of Elune. I mean... Seriously dude...

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Wha? Alleria is the oldest of the sisters at about 2800, with Sylvans being, much, much, much younger. Tyrande has literally lived tens of lifetimes more than Sylvanas. Sylvanas most certainly does not have more experience than somebody who fought in the War of the Ancients. She was the General of the Sentinels and is the High Priestess of Elune. I mean... Seriously dude...
    Experience means nothing since she is impulsive and got lectured by Varian already. Its her OP powers that makes her stand out from the crowd. Not her brains.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

lol

far more experience than Tyrande
    You're getting that from where exactly? Tyrande has been around a lot longer than Sylvie has, thousands upon thousands of years longer, in fact.

Sylvanas was the ranger-general of Silvermoon, whose leadership acumen and martial prowess were without equal.
    Only her leadership and martial abilities (with a bow, we all know what happened as soon as someone competent with a sword showed up) were without equal, leadership acumen is entirely irrelevant in a 1v1 and martial prowess is not a measure of how she would fare against someone who's channeling the power of a literal god, like Tyrande is.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You're getting that from where exactly? Tyrande has been around a lot longer than Sylvie has, thousands upon thousands of years longer, in fact.
    And how many of those "thousands upon thousands" did she spend fighting? Because besides WotA and WotSS the amount that happened on Kalimdor until WC3 amounts to fuck all. Besides she was mostly a damsel in WoTA and didn't participate in WotSS. Now if you were talking about someone like Jarod Shadowsong then it would bare considerable weight.

Only her leadership and martial abilities (with a bow, we all know what happened as soon as someone competent with a sword showed up) were without equal, leadership acumen is entirely irrelevant in a 1v1 and martial prowess is not a measure of how she would fare against someone who's channeling the power of a literal god, like Tyrande is.
    Gonna hold off til i actually see her "channeling the power of her deiety", because so far it looks like a slightly more powerful ordinary druid rotation. And she needed Malfurion's help against Blightcaller+Horde chump

leadership acumen and martial prowess were without equal
    That's a funny way to spell "powersliding into a broadsword".
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    That's a funny way to spell "powersliding into a broadsword".
    Frostmourne is a longsword, not a boradsword. But yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Experience means nothing since she is impulsive and got lectured by Varian already. Its her OP powers that makes her stand out from the crowd. Not her brains.
    We're talking about experience in a fight though, not experience at leadership.

Alone? Maybe evenly matched, but I feel like she'd bring Malfurion and throw Sylvanas into a bonfire.

5+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: we don't now the full extent of Sylvanas' power right now, but I think that Tyrande is just too powerful. Sylvanas could MAYBE handle Malfurion (or maybe it's just because I mostly play Horde's chars so I'd love to believe so ), but Tyrande after the Night Warrior thing is a real powerhouse.

Real answer: yes, Tyrande is too powerful and yes, power levels adjust themself accordingly to plot's needs, but I'm not going to be cynical now. All considered, Tyrande is superior in power but Sylvanas is a more skilled fighter, she knows about strategy and plans ahead her moves. Maybe Sylvanas could manage to give a though fight to NW Tyrande, but at the end of the day Tyrande is just too OP just like most Alliance's leaders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Sylvanas forced Malfurion to run several times and hes far more powerful than Tyrande.
    1v1 Malfurion had her beat and she got saved by the dishonorable Saurfang.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Btw what does the black moon buff even do ? Is this flat +X on powerlevel or ?
    It adds +10 to "potential plot value".

- - - Updated - - -

Without equal in life, stronger in death.
    How is this a metric?

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Tyrande = Really old, stupid elf chick who doesn't know shit about strategy and has no amazing feats to go on.
    Sylvanas = Strategist, amazing archer, Banshee Queen, immortal, master of poisons, can raise skeletons...

Even before being resurrected by Arthas, she'd probably beat Tyrande in 1v1(unless Elune interferes... which she always does).

You're all going on about the Night Warrior like she just at the fruit from the Tree of Life. We don't know what her power up can actually do, or even if it's enough to fight the Banshee Queen.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Sylvanas = Banshee Queen
    I've never really heard banshees being that powerful tho, maybe she's called the queen of the banshees because.. She's the first banshee?
    idk

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You know Sylvanas became the ranger general after Alleria turned down the position.

OT: Tyrande way stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    You know Sylvanas became the ranger general after Alleria turned down the position.

OT: Tyrande way stronger.
    You know, there's nothing that says she was offered it and then it went to her sister, right? It was expected that she would become the next Ranger General, she didn't pursue it, but her sister did and rose to the rank. Alleria never turned down the position, she never pursued it, like her sister did. Ranger General isn't a hereditary position, it's just that one family prided themselves in being the best.

OT: Tyrande not stronger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolidk View Post
    I've never really heard banshees being that powerful tho, maybe she's called the queen of the banshees because.. She's the first banshee?
    idk
    Not sure if she's the first Banshee(they're usually female elf spirits), but her powers as a Banshee are quite formidable. In the Arthas book, her screams incapacitated the Elven army and in WotLK a banshee showed that she was able to even possess powerful Valkyr.