View Poll Results: How Should Flying be Unlocked

Voters
536. This poll is closed
  • Flying shall not be allowed at all in wow

49 9.14%
  • Buy flying at max level with gold

149 27.80%
  • Unlock flying with Pathfinder I (available before any patch)

196 36.57%
  • Unlock flying with Pathfinder I&II (available after several patches)

114 21.27%
  • None of above, I have other opinions

28 5.22%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    So EVERY SINGLE toon has to level on the ground. Period.
    Why does that matter to you? I dinged my 23rd 120 earlier "today" and I level strictly through questing and dungeons none of that IE nonsense. I'm well acquainted with the zones at this point, what difference does it make if I fly on my next 18 120s?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Raider (complete the current raid - LFR is fine)
    Can't agree with this one, I play on a potato and get literally 7 fps in raids.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Why does that matter to you? I dinged my 23rd 120 earlier "today" and I level strictly through questing and dungeons none of that IE nonsense. I'm well acquainted with the zones at this point, what difference does it make if I fly on my next 18 120s?
    You dinged your 23rd 120? Well you can't fly on any of them right now, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    You dinged your 23rd 120? Well you can't fly on any of them right now, can you?

No...I can't

My point was that I'm not going to see or experience anything new so why keep me on the ground?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

No...I can't

My point was that I'm not going to see or experience anything new so why keep me on the ground?
    "I got 8 characters with 390 gear, I'm not going to do anything new so why not give me the gear on the rest of my characters via vendor"

The game simply isn't designed for flying, flying is too op compared to alternatives. It has literally no weaknesses and is by movement speed alone ~3 times faster, not to mention the ability to climb over any obstacle.

The moment game actually gets anti flying mechnics and/or reduced speed is the moment when it becomes an actual option rather than a mandatory choice (see example of gear vendor)

I think it would have been best if flying had never been introduced at all, but since it has, it would piss off too many people to remove it altogether. With that in mind, I think it should be automatically unlocked upon reaching max level, but disabled in war mode until the continent is outdated.

Maybe i'm alone with my oppinion, but flying should SIMPLY HAVE A COOLDOWN. With this, you can't fly from objective to objective, still be able to fly everywhere when you need to travel long distances: for example: a flying mount has a cooldown of 5 minutes with 2 charges. Maybe a bonus could be that finishing a world quest gives you also an additional charge (so it either refreshes one or you can stack it up to 2 additional charges over the maximum).

Every patch have an additional pathfinder adds another charge to it, until the last patch where the last pathfinder-archievement removes the cooldown entirely. If they really want to make no-flying-areas, they could do it like in BC when you can either be attacked by a guard that dismount you (try fly over a settlement of the other faction in BC, you get nearly instantly dismounted) or have canons/balistas like the fel-canons in BC. But no flying is lazy design, nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    "I got 8 characters with 390 gear, I'm not going to do anything new so why not give me the gear on the rest of my characters via vendor"

The game simply isn't designed for flying, flying is too op compared to alternatives. It has literally no weaknesses and is by movement speed alone ~3 times faster, not to mention the ability to climb over any obstacle.

The moment game actually gets anti flying mechnics and/or reduced speed is the moment when it becomes an actual option rather than a mandatory choice (see example of gear vendor)
    You're comparing something that has a competitive effect to leveling/farming/choring. In your scenario at the end of each tier every guild could have 20 players with every class with maxxed gear for class stacking the next raid.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-01-06 at 10:13 AM.
    My Collection

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amagh View Post
    Well here's a quaint and novel idea... How about you dont rush? Absolutely nothing forces you to blitzkrieg your way to 120 with IE's

The current set up is fine barring the retarted time gating. Flying really should've been introduced in 8.1 or in 8.1.5. And they should get rid of overreliance on Weekly quests/Emissaries for large chunks of rep.
    Oh, i don't rush. But the levelling experience both in Legion and BfA was made a way that you dinged 120 way early. I approximate it around 60% of the levelling area content. For me it should be around 90%. That would promote exploring and discovery much more. If made in a way that levelling content was actually enjoyable (story and gameplay wise) and not arbitrary experience rewards for completing an area.

- - - Updated - - -

No thanks
    You think it's too slow already?
    /spit@Blizzard

I mean pathfinder should just be pathfinder, once you complete it you get flying, it shouldnt be a question it should be a given.

Its not even like we are staying in kul'tiras/zandalar for the entire expansion which blizzard seems content to do more "moving onto new regions" as opposed to staying in them.

So for that reason, id say make pathfinder part 1 give flying automatically, make pathfinder part 2 give flying in Nazjatar and Mechagon.

You're comparing something that has a competitive effect to leveling/farming/choring. In your scenario at the end of each tier every guild could have 20 players with every class with maxxed gear for class stacking the next raid.
    Its only taking the next step, gear vendor just reduces the time you need to put into something you've already done just like flying reduces. One is more extreme than the other but the same logic applies so the real question is: How far are you willing to go with your logic?

Deleted
    Flying is crucial for me enjoying the game - since I mainly play for achievements anyway.

I do think Pathfinder is a good idea, but don't make people wait 6months.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be both, path finder I and gold.

Reason:

Path Finder I takes no time to complete, anyone can have it by now or very soon... People who play more already have it.

So we are talking about 2/3 months into the expansion wait, not bad at all.

Then add a gold fee, don´t know, I guess a low mark so most people can do it, maybe 100K? then it is like TBC.

If the excuse the developers use is to "experince the story" then just get the loremaster of each zone and flying gets unlocked. By the time pathfinder unlocks yer flying there is no need to fly anywhere in the world anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I had a lot of fun exploring in vanilla. However, virtually all of that exploring was in wall walking or charging through walls, etc, to get into places I wasn't supposed to. None of it really involved "oh hey, here's a new zone I haven't seen!" I'll admit that in WoW's original game, I was pretty excited to see all the areas I had seen in Warcraft III, and to this day I'm still a fan of how desolate and wild southern Kalimdor feels (the only area you really never explored in Warcraft RTS, outside of expansion content), but the 'feeling of excitement' faded shortly after I arrived and checked out the zone.

That's why I think pathfinder isn't all bad; why I tolerate its existence. It gives you a chance to explore new zones and has you do so before you can fly. But by the time you unlock pathfinder, any sense of wonderment from exploring is long since faded, and 99% of players just want to get from point A to point B without being knocked off their mount every time a dinosaur sneezes in their general direction, or have to make a flowchart just to figure out the fastest way to utilize flightpaths and their whistle to complete world quests most efficiently.

Flying at its core is a quality of life feature, and the only valid reason to not add it is World PvP. Well, now that we have war mode, why not just disable flying on War Mode and provide bonus rewards to make up for its absence? Everyone wins. Life goes on.
    I totally want that but you know the pro WPVPers are just going to bitch that warmode is dead when the vast majority of players turn it off so they can fly.

id like to be able to buy it with gold again. that said, i wouldnt mind SOME of the pathfinder 1. i dont mind the exploring, i dont mind the questing. im not a huge fan of it being gated behind rep still though.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    I totally want that but you know the pro WPVPers are just going to bitch that warmode is dead when the vast majority of players turn it off so they can fly.
    Then I would argue that they just want people to gank who have no interest in pvp.
    My Collection

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Having Warmode with no flight must be better from PvP servers with flight. Right?

Since Warmode is opt-in, noone has the right to complain about the pros and cons of it. People judge and decide.

Unless you actually mean flying is better than that 30% buff in Warmode done stuff.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I would argue that they just want people to gank who have no interest in pvp.
    Ding Ding Ding. Sorry there's no prize.

Why not take mounts away from non-warmode players completely so they can just walk everywhere while leaving ground mounts to Warmode, very large majority would then turn on Warmode which can only mean that only very few want to play without warmode. Right?

Because thats how dumb your conclusion sounds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Having Warmode with no flight must be better from PvP servers with flight. Right?

Since Warmode is opt-in, noone has the right to complain about the pros and cons of it. People judge and decide.

Unless you actually mean flying is better than that 30% buff in Warmode done stuff.
    Actually yes I do think that. People will get more done in considerably less time and thus warmode won't be desirable unless they make it some unreasonably high percentage.