Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I seldom see posts so full of fallacies and half truths such as the OP, with the sole purpose of spinning the company in a positive light. Reminds me of Felplague, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

This is getting worse than left vs right. People are becoming so ridiculously childish in their attack on/defense of things.

I don't really think it's about the amount of content, it's that people don't seem to enjoy any content anymore. I really don't think it matters who designs it or what they design, unless the amount is increased tenfold so that you never run out of new things to do people will just complain in one way or another. Even then they would probably complain that it's too "easy" or "hard". Play it if you want to, don't play it if you don't. It's not really a debate anymore, everyone's just hunkered up in a room throwing shit on the walls expecting only the others to suffer from the foul smell

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Neither had any content.
    Are you angry at life or what's up lately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Are you angry at life or what's up lately?
    Not at all. I've been vocal about my dislike of Legion throughout that expansion.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I seldom see posts so full of fallacies and half truths such as the OP, with the sole purpose of spinning the company in a positive light. Reminds me of Felplague, for example.
    Definitely a different brain wiring than most humans in both mentioned cases.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by MatekFX View Post
    6. Legion 7.1 dont have set achievements and tab for them,
    Really dude, look at patch notes, 1st paragraph us.battle.net /wow/en/game/patch-notes/7-0-3

Appearence tab and Fashionistas Achivements, we are talking bout this not yor set collection cause fasionist achives are even more content. Your stubborness stopped being funny and now its pathetic.

Everyone is telling you that you are wrong. How narcisstic can you be?

7+ Year Old Account
    People keep saying legion was better.. i hated that one they killed off Ysera the sexiest elf ever.. bfa made me happy once more cause i get to see my sexy jaina proudmoore and keep her safe.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Lack of content isn't the problem. The design of that content, and the systems surrounding it (class design, loot design, RNG) are the problems.
    pretty much

the amount of content only matters if that content is actually good and fun to do.. but for that to be true you have to have good class design/game design

The Allied races were the biggest slap in the face, and by that I mean having to unlock them. Don't care if you disagree, having to do old expansion content to unlock new content is just fucking stupid.

I like how the OP is cutting Legion content from their list or saying "it doesn't count" just to make the BFA one appear bigger.

No bias here at all.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightlives View Post
    Really dude, look at patch notes, 1st paragraph us.battle.net /wow/en/game/patch-notes/7-0-3

Appearence tab and Fashionistas Achivements, we are talking bout this not yor set collection cause fasionist achives are even more content. Your stubborness stopped being funny and now its pathetic.

Everyone is telling you that you are wrong. How narcisstic can you be?
    6. Legion 7.1 dont have set achievements and tab for them are 100% true and I dont known how someone can argue about that.
    You just prove yourself that you are wrong by link that patch notes what is your point ? There was no achievements to collect specific set and there was no specific tab that show your progress and tell you where to find that specific gear, it was non existed in 7.1 period.
    You can aruge about it is true new thing to do, OK remove it from BfA point list if you want. But we still have more points on BfA side then Legion.

Everyone here see that fight from start is not even, because almost all who come to this topic look only for good points for Legion and no one try to find good BfA ones. This clearly show most of wow community point of view this days. You cant be objective if you look only for one side.

(I will reply to rest of post here when I have more free time)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I like how the OP is cutting Legion content from their list or saying "it doesn't count" just to make the BFA one appear bigger.

No bias here at all.....
    I like how he says Dungeons doesnt count and then adds Mythic+ season to BFA like it never happened in Legion lol...

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I like how he says Dungeons doesnt count and then adds Mythic+ season to BFA like it never happened in Legion lol...
    Indeed. I mean seasons really aren't content. It's just a way to "timegate" the AP catchup now since they've stopped it until "season 2" because it was "intended" despite the fact they never mentioned that shit until AFTER the patch had fucking dropped. Nothing else. Oh no wait my bad we get a whole brand new modifier! THE CONTENT!

Legion introduced the Mythic + system that we currently have.

It's just a biased/cherry picking thread to make it seem like the quantity in BFA suddenly makes it better. Nothing more.

Personally I think it's even atm but Legion slightly wins. Just my 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd like to amend my previous statement after playing 8.1 for myself. BfA definitely has more content than Legion did at this point. In part thanks to the currency systems extending the life of several systems.

Also the non-repeatable solo questing content is much higher quality and has less busywork. Although the writing is worse, the storytelling is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I stayed in Legion.

I quit in BFA.

This is my first time quitting WoW. Think about it.
    I quit in Legion (for the first time).

Currently still playing in BFA.

Anecdotal evidence is useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically Legion didn't have M+ seasons, where BFA does changing the 10+ affix based on the current raid tier.
    But that's just semantics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Indeed. I mean seasons really aren't content. It's just a way to "timegate" the AP catchup now since they've stopped it until "season 2" because it was "intended" despite the fact they never mentioned that shit until AFTER the patch had fucking dropped. Nothing else. Oh no wait my bad we get a whole brand new modifier! THE CONTENT!

Legion introduced the Mythic + system that we currently have.

It's just a biased/cherry picking thread to make it seem like the quantity in BFA suddenly makes it better. Nothing more.

Personally I think it's even atm but Legion slightly wins. Just my 2 cents.
    I didn't think Legion was all that great but it held my interest a lot longer then BFA has..

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    I quit in Legion (for the first time).

Technically Legion didn't have M+ seasons, where BFA does changing the 10+ affix based on the current raid tier.
    But that's just semantics.
    Yeah I forgot they added in the 1 ability into the random pool.. Come to think of it it just sounds like those pesky ghosts from back in TBC dungeons that would spawn after you killed a mob.

7.1 brought us revamped Karazhan. That alone was more than all of the stuff in 8.1.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I didn't think Legion was all that great but it held my interest a lot longer then BFA has..

Yeah I forgot they added in the 1 ability into the random pool.. Come to think of it it just sounds like those pesky ghosts from back in TBC dungeons that would spawn after you killed a mob.
    God those things were annoying >.<

Quote Originally Posted by MatekFX View Post
    Let's talk about amount of things to do in BfA compared to Legion 7.1 patch. I'm trying to understand people that say there is less content to do in BfA compared to Legion 7.1. To be clear I'm talking abount content that dont exist in specific expansion NOT about quality of that content and what was better just number of things you can do, not talking about raids, dungeons, wq etc. becaues there is the same content in both expansions.

Things that did not fit:
    -legion artifact (skins, traits, etc.) the grind is almost the same as in Bfa with neck + azerite gear (Titan Residuum)
    -order campaign vs war campaign (there is only 2 war campaign but you do almost the same things)
    -class sets (in Battle of Dazaralor blizzard aim azerite trait to be similar to class sets bonuses, rotation changing traits etc. they can be wrong with it)
    -new zone for DH (BfA add a lot of quest for new allied races so it is similar and we can count 9 new isles for expeditions)
    -item normalization in PVP (this alone create more reasons to get better gear from whole game and come with it to BG or Arena)
    -gold value fix (removing afk gold farms from followers and adding new gold sinks it create new reasons to farm gold or play on AH)

Legion:
    1. Legendary
    2. Fishing artifact
    3. DH class
    4. Suramar zone and withered army training
    5. Karazhan
    6. Balance of Power whole quest chain
    7. Class order

BfA:
    1. War mode
    2. Isle Expeditions PVE and PVP
    3. Warfronts (for weekly item or to farm achievs here)
    4. Call to Arms and Bounty system with all achievs that come with it
    5. Conquest Cap, PVP chest and better pvp item acquiring
    6. Darkshore and Arathi zones (WQ + rares)
    7. Allied Races and Heritage armor
    8. Dueler's Guild
    9. Mythic+ season
    10. Set farming (set tab in apperances and achievements for it) from Battle of Dazar'alor, Uldir, PVP and warfronts (set farming tab was added in 7.2)
    11. Pet Battle Challenge: Gnomeregan (not only dungeon alone but preparation for it leveling, collecting pets etc. [Wailing Caverns was in 7.2])

A lot of that content will not interest most of wow player base but you cant say there is "no contet" but "there is no content that I want to do" and that is my point. I known it will be very controversial topic now, but try keep it on high level. Probalby I miss something so please add your points.
    Your comparison isn't only stupid and inconsistent, but it's obvious that you're extremely biased. 2/10

Like wtf: Point no. 1 is about war mode (which isn't content, but a gameplay change to something that's already been in the game) and no. 4 is again war mode. No. 5 is stupid, since you know, PVP was also a thing in 7.1 and this point is again overlapping with your 2 war mode points as well as with point 8.

Point 9 and 10 are also just straight up stupid... like m+ and farming transmogs wasn't a thing before lol

I know people are looking down at Warmode (what new stuff in BFA people don't bash to the point of becoming a meme...) but with the 8.1 changes, paired with the new Faction Assault that give Conquest only if you have WM on, this is one of my highlight of this patch. Forming a 5 man group, and try to do WQ while being chase or chasing the enemy faction is really fun. I have always been a PVE server because I normally don't care about killing player but now you can choose when you want to World PVP with other that have also choose to flag themselves as World PVP.

It's the Legion PVP WQ with actual PVP in them, Legion had either no pvp in the tower quest, or FFA pvp in the others.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Your comparison isn't only stupid and inconsistent, but it's obvious that you're extremely biased. 2/10

Like wtf: Point no. 1 is about war mode (which isn't content, but a gameplay change to something that's already been in the game) and no. 4 is again war mode. No. 5 is stupid, since you know, PVP was also a thing in 7.1 and this point is again overlapping with your 2 war mode points as well as with point 8.

Point 9 and 10 are also just straight up stupid... like m+ and farming transmogs wasn't a thing before lol
    Going your way of thinking we can add war mode, conquest cap (chest), call to arms, conqueror of Azeroth, war supply crate and bounty system to one point (it is stretch but ok). We can remove set farming and seasons in mythic+ mode. We ended up with 7 points.

We need to remove Legendary because they dont add new content to game, you get them just playing the game (gameplay change to something that's already been in the game <- your words here). Fishing artifact is no new content in your eyes because fishing was in game already (gameplay change to something that's already been in the game). Now we dont count Raiding with Leashes IV Wotlk because pet farming was in game already. We ended up with 5 points. Add whatever you want from Legion that you think add new content and is not on that list and you still get 6 points.

It's still do not add up.