Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Player Choice: Siding with N'zoth.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=289637/...atath-spoilers
    Yes... you are indeed the ones I seek. The ones to turn the tide.
    Receive now the greatest of all gifts. My dream has become your own. The circle of stars made flesh.
    She will show you the way. Come... come. The hour approaches when all eyes shall be opened.
    The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all.
    Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger. One will consume all others.
    The veil wanes. His crown will open the way.
    The fall of night reveals her true face. She will bring only ruin.
    When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away.
    I alone can save you from what is to come.
    It grows hungrier... bolder. Alas, your eyes are closed.
    He gave himself to the deep places. He gave himself to me.
    She is not the last, but the first. Drown her and you will see.
    "Something dark is growing within you, $n.
    I can sense... the tendrils of N'zoth, burrowing deeper into your mind and soul."
    You see eyes everywhere?!? This is more dire than I expected. Do not trust what you are seeing. These "eyes" are surely just N'zoth within your mind, tricking you.
    Is that why I can see N'zoth's eye on so many people?

The darkness within you swells. I warn you, this will be very painful.
    Now, stand very still. That's it. Let me pull N'zoth's defilement from you.

Are you sure you wish to cleanse the Gift of N'zoth? You will not be able to undo this decision.
    Sounds like fun. Like we'll be able to see whoever chose to keep N'zoth's eye, see whoever is his worshiper if we do, and it may lead to some fun times in our future. Also, Sylvanas is going on about torches to light our path like Il'gynoth did, so who knows what side she'll be on in this BS.

As a spriest main since Vanilla, if they actually let me side with Old Gods it would be one of a small handful of things that could actually make me play this game again.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Seriously? Well this makes up for the Saurfang questchain having the vacation ending cut.

Go team Old Ones! #Nolivesmatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Seriously? Well this makes up for the Saurfang questchain having the vacation ending cut.

Go team Old Ones! #Nolivesmatter!
    It seems like it. There's text about not being unable to undo the cleansing if you choose to. The bosses in Shrine of the Storm have text about judging if you're worthy, and declaring you to be so if you beat them. N'zoth seems to want you to be his "Opener" according to Xal'atath. Rather than the usual threats, he's giving warnings about something only he can save us from. About the Light working with the enemy of all things, which reminds me of the true enemy the Void claims that Sylvanas serves.

It's rather interesting and seems to suggest that the Old Gods aren't behind the faction war this time around, but they know who is.

Would be cool and if it really meant something rather than being a game on rails.

I am so very tempted to see the world burn at this point.

Ia ia ia n'zoth
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Would be cool and if it really meant something rather than being a game on rails.
    You get the buff after the Xal'atath quest chain, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    You get the buff after the Xal'atath quest chain, apparently.
    I wonder if some npcs are affected as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=289637/...atath-spoilers

Sounds like fun. Like we'll be able to see whoever chose to keep N'zoth's eye, see whoever is his worshiper if we do, and it may lead to some fun times in our future. Also, Sylvanas is going on about torches to light our path like Il'gynoth did, so who knows what side she'll be on in this BS.
    If we get to side with N'Zoth, and not in a Twilight's Hammer way, but as a genuine disciple of the old god, then I'm down.

Also, the quote "The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all." - does this refer to Calia Menethil? She was "light forged undead", after all. Makes sense given what we saw from X'era in Legion - the light isn't a perfection of righteousness, but rather another baying force that is seeking to claim a world.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I wonder if some npcs are affected as well.
    Well, the choice to remove it says that you can see the eyes in lots of places, including on different people. Not sure if everything is implemented yet, but it sounds like you'll be far from alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    It might. For instance the Saurfang quest clearly is leading to branching story and it gives you the same warning that you can't change your decision.

Well, the choice to remove it says that you can see the eyes in lots of places, including on different people. Not sure if everything is implemented yet, but it sounds like you'll be far from alone.
    If it is on some npcs as well, it is time for a world tour, in order to find out who might have ties to the old gods.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2019-01-09 at 10:16 PM.

The option to show my faction the middle finger, would jump at that in a heart beat.

I always wanted to join the scourge, the old goods are an acceptable alternative.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome. #TeamNzoth
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Woop woop! Fuck it, let's bring about the end of the world!

#TeamTentaclesForAll

Heretics try to sow doubt in our minds. Still, I want to know if the eyes are everywhere, or you just see them on other players.

Heretics try to sow doubt in our minds. Still, I want to know if the eyes are everywhere, or you just see them on other players.
    There is only one appropriate action here ......... drown him.

Still a better deal than siding with Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Still a better deal than siding with Sylvanas.
    It is currently the best option out of all possible allegiances as far as I am concerned, to hell with the factions.