Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The great Velen who has a track record of letting his people die and being an incredible bad judge of character, he is the prime reason the draenei got fucked up so much, due to wise decision to sit on his hands most of the time trying to glimpse the next vision, the guy who thought it would be a great idea to let the orcs attack their caravans, kidnap and rape his people, because hey thats fine this shit will sort out itself.

Not to mention what Velen says is inconsequential, because he is not lightforged and is not in charge of them, the Naaru are if they decide to get their asses back from shatt to reclaim their army.
    Just because he isn't the leader doesn't mean the Lightforged wouldn't respect his advice. And no shit Velen screwed up. That was his whole arc witb Illidan on Argus. He's MIA in BfA because he is quite powerful and would shit on forsaken troops. Again shoddy writing but that is par for the course.

- - - Updated - - -

And still the average lightworshipper does not want void elves around, but the guys literally infused with it, living by its very creed, going so far as calling themselves a tool for the lights will tolerates them, despite the fact the light would smite the void elves or imprison them as soon as it got the chance.

Heck have you walked into the cathedral of light as a void elf, funny stuff I tell ya.
    And they didn't seem to bothered when Illidan smoked their holy Xe'ra. If they were as zealous as you say they are, they would have cared a bit more don't you think?
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Just because he isn't the leader doesn't mean the Lightforged wouldn't respect his advice. And no shit Velen screwed up. That was his whole arc witb Illidan on Argus. He's MIA in BfA because he is quite powerful and would shit on forsaken troops. Again shoddy writing but that is par for the course.
    Velen is a walking talking failure, I lost any respect for that esteemed priest when he turned on me to protect his demon spawn of a son, endangering what little was left of his people, because then it was fine to act recklessly despite the damn ship nearly exploding, but letting others die yeah always fine Velen.

And again normal priests don't like to void elves around, but for some reason lightforged have no such problems.

- - - Updated - - -

And they didn't seem to bothered when Illidan smoked their holy Xe'ra. If they were as zealous as you say they are, they would have cared a bit more don't you think?
    Turalyon literally tried to kill Illidan but was just too weak to finish the job, though he should have tried to kill him once the legion was dealt with. Same goes for the rest of the lightforged
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2019-01-11 at 03:29 AM.

Velen is a walking talking failure, I lost any respect for that esteemed priest when he turned on me to protect his demon spawn of a son, endangering what little was left of his people, because then it was fine to act recklessly despite the damn ship nearly exploding, but letting others die yeah always fine Velen.

And again normal priests don't like to void elves around, but for some reason lightforged have no such problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Turalyon literally tried to kill Illidan but was just too weak to finish the job, though he should have tried to kill him once the legion was dealt with. Same goes for the rest
    Velen has actual flaws. That's nothing new. Doesn't matter if you don't respect him. What matters is what the Lightforged think of him and their experiences with the Void magic through the Netherlight crucible. And one priest =/= all priests. Nice try.

That should have happened. But it didn't. So it is what it is.

Velen has actual flaws. That's nothing new. Doesn't matter if you don't respect him. What matters is what the Lightforged think of him and their experiences with the Void magic through the Netherlight crucible. And one priest =/= all priest but nice try.

That should have happened. But it didn't. So it is what it is.
    Yes it is what it is, which is the point it is nonsensical, inconsistent, but it is what it is, like pretty much 90% of this xpacks story, it is like they have lost any kind of ability of consistency. In legion there were quite a few dark spots, but this xpack oh boy.... this xpack is more darkspot in major events than anything else, I mean hey lets burn a fucking nation the horde would of course totally be down with that, oh hey hey lets have sylvanas gas her troops and raise them oh boy Baine looks angry, oh what your angry the suicidal green bean was left behind, but what about all those people outside? Don't matter oh... hmmm

Anduin and his brilliant plan to attack undercity, well without an actual plan, hey the forsaken sure wouldn't use blight, oh noes they used blight we lost, or hey Tyrande I will support you no matter what, a few months later sorry I kinda can't support you heh and on and on it goes.

I usually don't really care that much about the story, but it is so half assed this time around it actually is quite insulting and what I expected from this vaunted glorious theme was almost nothing to begin with and blizz still managed to screw this up.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2019-01-11 at 03:40 AM.

Yes it is what it is, which is the point it is nonsensical, inconsistent, but it is what it is, like pretty much 90% of this xpacks story, it is like they have lost any kind of ability of consistency. In legion there were quite a few dark spots, but this xpack oh boy.... this xpack is more darkspot in major events than anything else, I mean hey lets burn a fucking nation the horde would of course totally be down with that, oh hey hey lets have sylvanas gas her troops and raise them oh boy Baine looks angry, oh what your angry the suicidal green bean was left behind, but what about all those people outside? Don't matter oh... hmmm

Anduin and his brilliant plan to attack undercity, well without an actual plan, hey the forsaken sure wouldn't use blight, oh noes they used blight we lost, or hey Tyrande I will support you no matter what, a few months later sorry I kinda can't support you heh and on and on it goes.
    The shoddy writing has been rampant for a while. For example, i don't ever waste time on broken shore "debates" because Varian's death and the "betrayal" could have been prevented had Jaina been allowed to teleport Varian to safety. But that isn't cOoL enough.

Also WoD.

The shoddy writing has been rampant for a while. For example, i don't ever waste time on broken shore "debates" because Varian's death and the "betrayal" could have been prevented had Jaina been allowed to teleport Varian to safety. But that isn't cOoL enough.

Also WoD.
    It got better in Legion compared to WoD, but this xpack is already below WoD in terms of story for me, unless they improve the story, but the chances of that are honestly slim to none. The whole theme is just a garbling mess from start to finish up until now.

I play both sides and it is just so god damn cringy and on top I am sooooooo tired of humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Sylvanas would want to be the next Arthas and would want to use the Sunwell to fuel Xalatath?

8.3 raid would be the Siege of Silvermoon, but this time, we would be the defender instead of the attacker of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    What if Sylvanas would want to be the next Arthas and would want to use the Sunwell to fuel Xalatath?

8.3 raid would be the Siege of Silvermoon, but this time, we would be the defender instead of the attacker of the city.
    Doesn't make sense anymore your average chunk of Azerite should contain the same amount of power as the sunwell, which brings me to another point using azeite on bullets and swords instead of magic, what stupidity. It is literal solidified arcane titan blood a vial of that stuff was enough to create a well of almost unlimited power, lets just slap some of that stuff on a sword and see what happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't make sense anymore your average chunk of Azerite should contain the same amount of power as the sunwell, which brings me to another point using azeite on bullets and swords instead of magic, what stupidity. It is literal solidified arcane titan blood a vial of that stuff was enough to create a well of almost unlimited power, lets just slap some of that stuff on a sword and see what happens.
    I'm curious, do you have like anything positive to say?

Cause it seems to me like you're the kind of player who should probably have unsubbed quite a while ago and dropped all things warcraft related.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post

Cause it seems to me like you're the kind of player who should probably have unsubbed quite a while ago and dropped all things warcraft related.
    Doing the typical stuff with buddies m+ etc., still the story just downright sucks so it is basically background noise for the most part and chuckling about how bad it is.

So I enjoy the gameplay aspect still, but the story for this xpack nope it is a barely consistent mess.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2019-01-11 at 04:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doing the typical stuff with buddies m+ etc., still the story just downright sucks so it is basically background noise for the most part and chuckling about how bad it is.
    Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure i was getting the right message about your stance is all.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I enjoy the gameplay aspect still, but the story for this xpack nope it is a barely consistent mess.
    At this point, the only part of WoW I have faith in is the art and music departments. Disappointments are fewer and further between, and it's never a clusterfuck like the storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    At this point, the only part of WoW I have faith in is the art and music departments. Disappointments are fewer and further between, and it's never a clusterfuck like the storylines.
    That's the thing I didn't expect much to begin with, but what they dished out oh boy, I mean I was expecting something similar to WoD in quality already, but the nonsense just kept coming and coming.

Considering how much OP was frostmourne, maybe sticking azerite in weapons is their form in researching how to create weapons like that, also we see how weak are the tanks from the alliance and the horde. I am sure people will start to use azerite for self buffs more foward, they already teased with trying to resurrect Ragnaros with Azerite
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post

Speaking for myself, I still enjoy WoW's art design, the world building in BfA is great, and still like doing raids and M+. It's just that the actual story is even worse than I imagined it would be, and believe you me I had close to 0 faith as soon as BfA was released because I knew Blizzard couldn't write a credible faction war to save their lives. To say that I was vindicated is putting it mildly.

Because the nonsense we got? Warchief Lich Queen? Void Elves? The incredibly inconsistent War of the Thorns? NE genocide for giggles? The complete clusterfuck that is Lordaeron? Mists 2.0 except more retarded? Yeah, this is fast approaching WoD tier of awful, and that's a really low mark considering we're not even done with 8.1's story yet.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    I can think of no greater insult than to have Sylvannas's actions inadvertently save Azeroth. It is the stupidity and moral oblivion of "Ends justify Means" to the absurd. "She saved us all! Forget all the senseless carnage, mayhem and pointless cruelty, forget the women and children burned to death in the thousands! It was all for the greater good.tm..."

Fuck off. Didn't we just imprison Sargeras, the Morgoth/Devil of the Warcraft universe, who's plan was to ultimately destroy the Void through the destruction of entire planets and the complete extinction/demonic corruption of hundreds if not thousands of individual races? So the Ends justify the Means does not excuse him, but they excuse Sylvannas, who as far as we can tell, has no greater plan beyond staying undead and raising the Alliance, and logically the Horde and all of Azeroth, into undead servitude to her so that she may ensure she never truly dies?

Sylvanas: We defeated the Void. Azeroth is free!

Night Elves: You still burned down our city and killed thousands

Sylvanas: That was Old God possession deal with it.

Night Elves: ......

THE END

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    How could Blizz do it to answer the whine, when they both died at the same time? The only reason Vol'jin got killed was to set up BfA faction conflict, something Sylvi was much better suited for.
    Pre-emptive killing knowing how the alliance would react if only their faction leader died. Varians death served a massive purpose and was a big and epic shock, voljins was an afterthought that didnt matter at all and was a huge deflating waste of a character. Varian had the most epic death in wow to date, voljin was killed off by a warlocks pet.
    Voljin didnt need to die at all for the faction conflict to happen, sylvanas could have led an expedition into stormheim all the same and voljin wouldnt really have any reason to say no, so that argument makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Pre-emptive killing knowing how the alliance would react if only their faction leader died. Varians death served a massive purpose and was a big and epic shock, voljins was an afterthought that didnt matter at all and was a huge deflating waste of a character. Varian had the most epic death in wow to date, voljin was killed off by a warlocks pet.
    Voljin didnt need to die at all for the faction conflict to happen, sylvanas could have led an expedition into stormheim all the same and voljin wouldnt really have any reason to say no, so that argument makes zero sense.

True but from a marketing standpoint this works better for them. I think that's all it boils to, and they just filled in the blanks later. A faction war with Voljin would be a lot less vicious and dramatic. Basically just a repeat of Vanilla WoW.

Wouldnt be surprised if the suits walked in and straight up told them to put Sylvanas on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    While she is being written to be as hateable and without any positive qualities as possible, it's not like her treatment of Baine is wrong. Dude kills Horde troops to free an Alliance prisoner then covertly traffic him to the Alliance. I don't think Blizzard fully understand how what they're writing comes across, just as with everything regarding Saurfang where he becomes worse with every passing scene. Sylvanas is already rock bottom and is bound to die so Afrasiabi can satisfy his hard-on for muh honor, but I am pretty happy that the rest of this godawful cast is only becoming worse in the process.
    Im not happy about it at all. Baine is being written as an alliance character, not a horde one. There is absolutely no savagery present in him that the tauren possess, instead he is literally a stormwind human in a cows body, its pathetic.
    Saurfangs choices are pathetic, is whole arc is pathetic this expansion. he stood by when sylvanas did to the night elves what the orcs did to the draenie like an impotent whelp, he threw his fight with the alliance because he wanted them to kill sylvanas for him and then anduin returns the favor verbatum, letting saurfang go because he doesnt want to do the deed either and hopes saurfang does it for him.

Who is left in the horde to root for? sylv is a sinking ship that the writers are intent on making as hateable as possible, baine is being written for the alliance audience, saurfang too, rokhan was literally an NPC before they realised after killing voljin they never gave us another troll leader, gallywix has never been likeable, im not going to bother with the allied races cast, so all we have left is lorthemar, the guy who was planning on rejoining the alliance as recently as MoP. The most likeable character in the horde is a fucking blood elf who wanted to betray the horde. what the fuck blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

wasnt saurfang the leader? thats fucked up, they are so busy turning horde characters into villians that they forget to give us heroes. How long till rexxar and garona become raid bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He would be automaton from anyone povs but his own. Do your work - die. Simple as that, and forsaken did that already. And that was entire purpose of his programming. But now its problem.
    If he retains a sense of self he wouldn't be an automaton which would be necessary but hey you are all yas queen so you will always overlook her blatantly mcing people despite claiming the forsaken have free will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Gotta love these unpleasable fans. Nobody's doing anything about Sylvanas, especially Baine? All aboard the hate train! People are actually standing up to her? Traitors, the lot of them, hate them even more!
    The people getting pissed are blood elf and undead mains who went yass queen when she burned the tree. They are the new horde the ones who actually want to be evil. I actually can't stand playing the faction at all anymore because it's completely overrun with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    As long as sylvanas isnt killed off any more im fine i need a female lore character on horde side i can admire and fantasize about. #somethingforeveryone
    Lian is also a two faced liar and not dead to boot so the corpse waifu can be removed and you can still have someone to fantasize about.