Poll: As of 8.1.5, how likely is a huge factional paradigm shift?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    ... And this is the point at which your argument becomes irrelevant.

If your argument revolves around "Well they don't care anyways" when they put this much work into the story, then you're blatantly wrong. You may not like the story, you may consider it poorly written (and this is probably true ), but Blizzard definitely cares about the lore. It may be nonsensical, but it's what pieces the game together.
    Dude, I don't care if they spent 1 hour or half a year crafting this turd of a story. If it had been suggested by a random user here, it would have been called out as awful fanfiction - and rightfully so.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Dude, I don't care if they spent 1 hour or half a year crafting this turd of a story. If it had been suggested by a random user here, it would have been called out as awful fanfiction - and rightfully so.
    Doesn't change the facts. "I dislike the story of this expansion" =/= "Blizzard doesn't care about the lore"

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    For all my wishes and hype, I've been holding at a 5/10, as likely as not, but some of the 8.1.5 stuff has finally clicked me over to a 6! I think teasing it like this and not going all the way would be a dick move that might actually be beyond Blizzard. If the recent datamining makes it live anything like it's looking now, I'm calling it more likely than not: My paladin will, more likely than not, be a bloodelf while still tanking for void elf friends by or within the next expansion.
    Maybe I'm uninformed, but what has tipped you all the way to a 6/10? I'm still at 0/10 and I don't see anything to change that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Doesn't change the facts. "I dislike the story of this expansion" =/= "Blizzard doesn't care about the lore"
    It is not that I "dislike" the story, it's that half of the time it doesn't make effing sense. Terrible strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It is not that I "dislike" the story, it's that half of the time it doesn't make effing sense. Terrible strawman.
    It's not a strawman argument. I actually agree with you in that the story is bad, but you can't apply it to an argument as "Blizzard doesn't care about the lore anyways lol", because that's simply not true. They just need to stop jerking around with the boring Alliance vs Horde stories. They are always bad. They need to learn this.

Every time someone wants to have a dramatic change applied to the game that completely and utterly breaks lore, they argue "Well Blizzard doesn't care about lore anyways lol" as if it's a point to support it. Just stop doing that. We can safely agree that the story is bad (though I suspect you probably hate it a bit more than I do. ), but that doesn't justify changes like the one suggested in this thread.

Ironically, I'd love to see Alliance and Horde team up, but I don't see how it's possible after this bad expansion's over-the-top story, lol.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-01-11 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    People keep talking about factions disappearing...yet no one gives an argument as of why.
    I recommend reading Before the Storm.

Even an online update would be enough, really.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well as a NE player. I can say I don't ever want to see the horde in my story after this, unless it is killing them. If we are forced to go back to the team up styling then I need the horde to actually this war win via genocide to a point where Blizz actively deletes the NE player character (free race change etc.) Like full on scorched earth style. Otherwise its just an instant unsub the moment we get that nonsensical "Somethingorother is so powerful we need to join forces!" just nope nope let it end

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Maybe I'm uninformed, but what has tipped you all the way to a 6/10? I'm still at 0/10 and I don't see anything to change that.
    It was totally off my radar too until they said that the faction war element of BFA was intended as a “resolution” to the faction conflict, and my head just kept slowly turning as they dialed up the conflict, culminating with the burning of Teldrassil and the idea that, yes, we will have to team up again someday, after *this.* With the backdrop of the planet dying it just felt like anything that’s going to bring us together now will have to be phenomenally significant, perhaps enough to be permanent... as must eventually happen as the game and genre age.

That and a bunch of other subtext is what got me to 5/10.

What got me to 6 was what’s happening with Baine in 8.1.5. The idea of “point of no return” comes to mind.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-01-12 at 04:01 AM.