Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adding some heritage weapons would be cool.

I agree OP. While I got the only heritage armor I truly cared for, the Ren'dorei one, I won't even bother to get the other ones because levelling is such a chore. I don't care if it's fast, It's just so boring.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I strongly disagree with both changing the current way and the idea that it needs changing.
    Heritage armour does not limit your access to the race in question. There is no issue.
    This is one out of a few cosmetic transmog option that you cannot buy but are guaranteed to be reachable no matter the bad luck.
    There is no issue.
    You dont want to/can't level characters? This is fine. You don't get the armour, you can still play the races.
    There is definitely a time commitment here. It can feel bad for you. This is okay. Not everything should have to be for everyone.
    You want different heritage armours? Blood Elf or Dwarf. They will add more for existing races.

IIRC, I have 19 110+ characters. I have only boosted those that were included in expansion purchase. I have 1 120. I would still rather level characters without heritage armour than play at 120 in this expansion or give more money to blizz.
    Levelling isn't the only fun thing left in the game, but it is close. Some forms of Pvp is still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    But if it's armor for a race you don't play, you don't actually want the transmog, it would be useless to you.

If it's for a race you do play, you're almost certainly already at/near exalted and it would take no time at all to obtain.
    i dunno, i've never played a dwarf but that dwarf armor...

i'm an alt and transmog guy. a lot of the reasons i don't play any given race is because transmogs don't look good to me on the race (ignore the fact that i main a worgen lol)

all i'm saying is they'd probably get a couple more purchases from me. i see where you're coming from though, if i want the mog enough i'll level a toon
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-01-13 at 01:05 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I'd add heritage weapons/shields to the mix. But maybe I'm just angry not getting those cool Dark Iron things some of the npcs have.

The 2h mace is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc68ef3e483b View Post
    I strongly disagree with both changing the current way and the idea that it needs changing.
    Heritage armour does not limit your access to the race in question. There is no issue.
    This is one out of a few cosmetic transmog option that you cannot buy but are guaranteed to be reachable no matter the bad luck.
    There is no issue.
    You dont want to/can't level characters? This is fine. You don't get the armour, you can still play the races.
    There is definitely a time commitment here. It can feel bad for you. This is okay. Not everything should have to be for everyone.
    You want different heritage armours? Blood Elf or Dwarf. They will add more for existing races.

IIRC, I have 19 110+ characters. I have only boosted those that were included in expansion purchase. I have 1 120. I would still rather level characters without heritage armour than play at 120 in this expansion or give more money to blizz.
    Levelling isn't the only fun thing left in the game, but it is close. Some forms of Pvp is still fun.
    These are valid points and criticisms, thank you!

But do you think this is a sustainable model when we reach, let's say, 10-12 allied races? My fear is that the system dies due to lack of player engagement because leveling becomes increasingly stale.

Optional heritage armor for an optional race... I see no reason to make this easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is fine as it is, especially since it is limited for that race only. Just because you pay for a boost, doesn't mean you should get additional free stuff with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    The 2h mace is beautiful
    I would pay 25 dollars for a race change for that bugger.

5+ Year Old Account
    Can heritage armor also be made cross-race? I like the armor and etc, but I'd love to mix and match pieces of sets on my other characters.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlore View Post
    Most of us loved the concept of allied races on paper.
    First of all, I think EVERYONE expected taht we'd have a lot more races, ogres, forest trolls, yadda yadda, and that was a no go. That being said, I can give you some hope, maybe- I don't know how many others remember this, but WoWhead datamined multiple color variations of heritage armor a long time ago. In other words, this originaly heritage armor we are getting MAY only be one version of it, with other color combos releasing in the future. Now, will they simply wait and every expansion re-release new color variations of heritage armor and retire the old colors and say, "If you want this new color set, you'll need to level another toon to the new max level"? I don't know, but they may do like you are saying and so if a collector wants all the variations they may have to do multiple things on a toon of that particular race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Can heritage armor also be made cross-race? I like the armor and etc, but I'd love to mix and match pieces of sets on my other characters.
    No, it's strictly race bound to keep the fantasy.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

This. I wouldn't mind the grind of levelling if I could use it on my main.

No, in fact they should make it 120 now and only granted if you don't use heirlooms.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    No, it's strictly race bound to keep the fantasy.
    But you could make the same case for racial mounts to be fair. I just think it's a bit silly to offer customization that's restricted in such a way, when it has more value if freed up like most gear. Maybe the character has to be exhalted with the faction or etc, but it's a fair suggestion. Even class specific transmog has been opened up as recolors, so I don't think it'd hurt too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I wouldn't mind if they made getting the armor a little less of a pain.

Leveling right now is just a mess story wise, it makes absolutely no sense to go through all of it.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

But you could make the same case for racial mounts to be fair. I just think it's a bit silly to offer customization that's restricted in such a way, when it has more value if freed up like most gear. Maybe the character has to be exhalted with the faction or etc, but it's a fair suggestion. Even class specific transmog has been opened up as recolors, so I don't think it'd hurt too much.
    The racial mounts (that is the mount for that allied race) is also race bound. So, one cannot say, ride the Zandalari Direhorn that they get, only the other colors. I think it's to also kind of give that race something that's all their own.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    The racial mounts (that is the mount for that allied race) is also race bound. So, one cannot say, ride the Zandalari Direhorn that they get, only the other colors. I think it's to also kind of give that race something that's all their own.
    Really? Because I can use them on my other characters just fine, but I see what you mean. I just think that Blizzard can afford to be liberal with certain cosmetics due to the nature of transmog. Of course (for example) Nightborne outfits should be worn by Nightborne, but it'd be nice to be able to wear the aesthetic on other races since there isn't much of it. Recolors or etc could work, I just wanna be able to be able to use the gear like other transmog pieces.

Really? Because I can use them on my other characters just fine, but I see what you mean. I just think that Blizzard can afford to be liberal with certain cosmetics due to the nature of transmog. Of course (for example) Nightborne outfits should be worn by Nightborne, but it'd be nice to be able to wear the aesthetic on other races since there isn't much of it. Recolors or etc could work, I just wanna be able to be able to use the gear like other transmog pieces.
    You're right! I stand corrected. I thought those mounts were race specific. Well, this makes little sense to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    No, in fact they should make it 120 now and only granted if you don't use heirlooms.
    I bet you're a hoot at parties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felrush View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't mind if they made getting the armor a little less of a pain.

Leveling right now is just a mess story wise, it makes absolutely no sense to go through all of it.
    That's my main gripe, coupled with how repetitive and dry it is.

The biggest limiting factor for this (beyond Blizzard likely wanting Heritage armor to fit a unique racial fantasy) is that these armors are tailor-made for their specific race, and look absurdly awful on most if not all other skeletons. The Dwarf armor is the most shining example of this.