Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Now i don't want to start a shitshow or trigger the SJWs. Just watch this and draw your own conclusion.

Also there is no "stupid gene" or whatever these racist scientists claim, and all evidence on lower African IQ is anecdotal since they haven't tested every human being on earth in order to have a solid statistical evidence. But something is definetly wrong with adults who act like this. It may be IQ, it may be just functional illiteracy to some degree... idk, see for yourself:

Last edited by Cannibalus; 2019-01-14 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You've summed it up nicely. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. If he had said "Black people are less intelligent because they are black" then yeah I can understand, but there's nothing inherently wrong with saying that on average they are less intelligent is like saying that Asians are on average more intelligent or that Azkenazi Jews are on average more intelligent. There's a myriad of reasons why people in 3rd world countries are on average less intelligent

- Lack of nutrition leading to underdeveloped brains
    - Migration of higher-IQ individuals (brain drain)
    - Environmental factors requiring survival skills over skill development
    - Lack of education
    - Disease
    - High infant mortality rates, leading to high birth rates and poorer conditions for women (hint: if you want to drastically improve 3rd world conditions, focus on eradicating malaria and improving conditions for women so they're not just pumping out 12 babies. Lower infant mortality = fewer births = more productive women)

It's a sign of the world we live in when people can't talk about the reasons why things are because it might offend someone. Even more telling is that science faculties are being driven my ideology rather than reason
    He did say that black people are less intelligent because they are black. He ignored all the factors you listed and said low IQ is caused by genetics.

He added that although he wished everyone were equal, “people who have to deal with black employees find this not true.”
    Does anyone want to defend this as science and not pseudo-scientific bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Plenty, apparently, from the usual alt-right drones and their ban evasion accounts.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    He did say that black people are less intelligent because they are black. He ignored all the factors you listed and said low IQ is caused by genetics.
    How could he not if they show noticeably lower levels on average even in Western countries, where most of those problems are eliminated?

Not everything can be explained away by socio-economic problems.

How would you go at testing his hypothesis?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There has been extraordinary effort on the side of racists to scientifically prove that the African race is inferior (extraordinary as a genocide in the Togo partly to do experiments on them). If they actually had succeeded I am pretty sure we would all know about it.
    Effect is certainly noticeable to scientists (and it doesn't have to be big to be noticeable).

As current society puts heavy emphasis on knowledge industries where intelligence plays huge role rather then manufacturing where people could go by with less, you could say they get more disadvantaged every minute.

Not everything can be overcome by "just work more on that"; and ability to "work more" without getting discouraged can have genetic foundation as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    IQ tests show a difference between races, but I think you'd be a fool to think this was single-variate issue in genetics and not heavily if not entirely influenced by socio-economic reasons.
    How do you explain the millions of genius IQs living in/coming out of Indian slums?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    You can't bitch about "science denial" when the majority of your side believes in creationism, chief.
    Or, you could put forth a cogent argument and not an Ad-Hominem (Guilt by Association) fallacy or a faulty generalization.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Veknazel View Post
    Thanks, liberals. So we now censor science based on people's feelings. I started to miss the middle ages anyway.
    When are you going to start burning books that write about X and Y chromosomes and only identify two genders?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, gotta love the double standards when SJWs call a Nobel prize winner geneticist a racist idiot or a fool when he's talking about genetics, his own home turf, and then ridicule anyone who criticizes the global warming theories, claiming that SCIENTISTS SAID SO and anyone who argues with scientists is a moron.
    You are using that term "sjw" too liberally. (see what I did there?)

But it's ok, you probably have a recessive black gene. (see what I did there? Again?)
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Very terrible and its a real problem when scientific fact is hidden or lied about because its inconvenient. While at the same time countless claims of pseudo science litter the minds of our society.
    I remember a while ago I wanted to know if the genetic differences on intelligence was real or just nonsense. I asked my brother in law who does brain cancer research at a university near me. In all honesty I shouldn't even say that much considering how dangerous talking the truth is, lest I accidentally expose his identity online.
    I showed him this... http://archive.is/IUDcy which conveniently lists the genes while listing the two sites of source material. He said 'yes that is absolutely right, but no one will ever do a paper and link the two together because its career suicide and you will never get a grant again'.

On the flip side there are the 'warrior' genes as they call them when it comes to physical strength, sex drive etc. Its just evolution, caucasians, asians (and some of the jew lines like asheknazi), are more intelligent than other races. Partly from when they diverged into new climates from Africa and partly from mixing with Neanderthals are the possible explanations so far. While other genetic traits which led to success from staying in Africa tended to give them a higher influence of those 'warrior' genes.

Its just how the truth is, explains a lot of course but its all very very taboo to talk about because of the emotion and other factors involved. Of course talking about it in this way also makes every detractor shout 'racist' and other buzz words which once held importance. My brother in law also said its well known in the circles he is involved with as far as research goes but nobody dare talks about it or allow it to influence their work. Like most elephants that live in rooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    Or, you could put forth a cogent argument and not an Ad-Hominem (Guilt by Association) fallacy or a faulty generalization.
    No cited sources. lacking an unbiased and extensive study to prove said claims. Racist claim "anybody working with black people will know..."

Also, my point is those that live in glass houses funded and built by people who think the world is younger than Sumerian beer brewing shouldn't cast stones.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    The article itself says it was "unsupported by science" and that his only rationale was "if you work with black people you'll know what I mean". So yea the criticism is justified, not only from a social point of view but a scientific one.
    This. Academic titles don't make you immune to idiocy, not even a nobel prize does. This is not about "science", since there's no studies backing his claim but his anecdotal experience. Funny to see all the closet racists come out of the woods to spout "it's true because someone smart said it".

Even if he COULD prove that blacks scored less on common iq tests, this would come at a multitude of complex reasons including tests were conceptualized by whites for whites and thus biased, poorer education and / or health for socioeconomic reasons, a more hostile environment etc. pp. Genes might play a role, but are only a small gear in a gigantic machine. There are no simple truths like this in science, i don't doubt he knows that.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2019-01-14 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he offer documented evidence that can be tested and fact checked by numerous other labs scattered across the globe?

If yes - He's a world renowned scientist stating a plausible hypothesis based on evidence collected in a field of science he helped pioneer.
    If no - He's a world renowned scientist who should probably stop speaking in front of cameras as his mind is still in the 1950s.

Either way, he's still a world renowned scientist who damn-well earned those rewards. They don't get to be taken from him just because he said some mean things. What are they going to do next? Strike his name from the history books?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TroubleInc View Post
    Is there any truth to his statements or does he deserve all the ridicule he is receiving?
    Apparently he can't provide any scientific basis for that theory, according to other... wait for it... scientists.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I've listened to a few discussions from Sam Harris on the "IQ topic"... and I've read a few studies. I agree with Harris's perspective.

The Bell Curve Explained
    http://www.aei.org/spotlight/the-bell-curve-explained/

Thirty Years of Research on Race: Differences in Cognitive Ability
    https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfreds...sen30years.pdf

The Black-White Test Score Gap
    https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti...=1&oref=slogin
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    How do you explain the millions of genius IQs living in/coming out of Indian slums?
    I'd need to look more at the data, how many children total, how many actually listed with genius IQ, what's the social situation there and the culture on education and problem solving. Tried googling and only got a few simple news pieces lacking in all of this, don't suppose you know where I can find better data?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

"He lost his position as chancellor at the lab in 2007 after he told the Sunday Times he was “inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa" because "all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours, whereas all the testing says not really."

He added that although he wished everyone were equal, “people who have to deal with black employees find this not true.”
    So another attack on a great scientist because he went against the narrative and dared to speak the truth. And for that he's been called racist. They don't even have the decency to let the man die in peace.

The truth is, we simply do not fully understand this. And it's unlikely we will due to the PC culture.
    Even if this were true though, the IQ different would be minimal and definitely not a reaosn to discriminate against someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    So another attack on a great scientist because he went against the narrative and dared to speak the truth. And for that he's been called racist. They don't even have the decency to let the man die in peace.
    It's not truth unless he can present evidence that can be proven by unbiased sources. Don't you dare go waving the truth flag around like it's some big shield unless there are facts to back it up.

I'm not taking sides or anything. Just pointing that out.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    The truth is, we simply do not fully understand this. And it's unlikely we will due to the PC culture.
    Even if this were true though, the IQ different would be minimal and definitely not a reaosn to discriminate against someone.
    Modern society amplifies IQ differentials by multiplying opportunity of success on top while denying it on the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'd need to look more at the data, how many children total, how many actually listed with genius IQ, what's the social situation there and the culture on education and problem solving. Tried googling and only got a few simple news pieces lacking in all of this, don't suppose you know where I can find better data?
    I've never seen the data, nor know if any of it is even published. That figure is from press releases from Mensa.

Considering certain peoples of origin excel at athletics, likewise it isn't exactly far fetched for it being a factor on mental performance as well, no?

Asians generally seem to excel in that area. Though that might be because of their schooling system...

Regardless I find it ridiculous to have such an achievement and title, a contributory one towards humanity no less, to be revoked because of a little hiccup in judgement. Plenty of Geniuses are autistic, or perhaps in this case just very old fashioned, who can lack in current social queues... are we going to vilify each one of them because they don't adhere to the social norms and behaviour?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-01-14 at 10:46 AM.