Poll: what do you feel would have been the correct response?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    You get a grade that xfers over to the next class to be continued.

Lets say I'm failing the hell out of biology, I can't xfer to bioprof2's class with a clean slate. Bioprof1 gives bioprof2 the recommended grade to continue with.
    Thats bizarre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He looks kinda like my Grade 10 German teacher.

Who wasn't around for my Grade 11 and 12 years.

Because he was in fucking prison for being a pedophile rapist.

True story. When he got charged, the school sent out notifications to parents advising them that none of their kids were at risk, because his tastes ran much younger than high school kids.
    Damn!

I was trying to think he looks like a nice guy although misguided. Possibly trying to be hip. But yeah this isn’t going to go away for him.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Don't all the girls wear the same gym clothes? Also, taking pictures of students isn't appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Just curious: how can he fail her is she has already transferred/dropped his class?
    It's a comparison to university, but I had an issue one year where they changed administrative systems and the new system wasn't processing add/drop forms properly; I filed an add/drop form to dump a class 2 weeks into the year, and it added my new class but never took me out of the first one. I ended up getting an F, since I turned in nothing and wrote no exams.

I had to get it overturned by the prof, and because he took attendance, it was clear I'd never attended any classes but the first two; so he signed off on changed the F to a drop. So I guess, here, same kind of deal but in reverse; he didn't let her drop the class, he failed her when she tried to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Professor Feeluponya!

7+ Year Old Account
    Clearly has inappropriate intentions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Oh jeez. 10c.
    It's okay, I'm a woman.

I'm also joking, if that wasn't obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's a comparison to university, but I had an issue one year where they changed administrative systems and the new system wasn't processing add/drop forms properly; I filed an add/drop form to dump a class 2 weeks into the year, and it added my new class but never took me out of the first one. I ended up getting an F, since I turned in nothing and wrote no exams.

I had to get it overturned by the prof, and because he took attendance, it was clear I'd never attended any classes but the first two; so he signed off on changed the F to a drop. So I guess, here, same kind of deal but in reverse; he didn't let her drop the class, he failed her when she tried to.
    I was just thinking that she transferred because he was being creepy, so they wouldn't have even taken his word for it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

Yeah near my neck of the woods, I remembered reading about this and hearing it on the news the last couple of days, really didn't know what to suspect, I kinda felt bad for the guy when I thought all he said was "Hey cute gym clothes" I didn't know he was taking a cell phone photo.

What do you think, what would you have done if you were in that situation or it was your kid what do you feel would have been the correct response?
    He had no business commenting on her appearance in any context, and is clearly a creep. If that had been my daughter, I’d pay him a visit in my gym clothes and see if he has anything to say then.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    "The Pioneer Press reports that Appelbaum received a one-day suspension in 2008 for showing two of his classes a “graphic” anti-circumcision video. He reportedly said his students were curious to see it."

Might be the same guy. He's not the teacher the kids deserve, but he's the teacher they need.
    Definitely sounds like a cool guy. Prob would have been my favorite teacher

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

Yeah near my neck of the woods, I remembered reading about this and hearing it on the news the last couple of days, really didn't know what to suspect, I kinda felt bad for the guy when I thought all he said was "Hey cute gym clothes" I didn't know he was taking a cell phone photo.

What do you think, what would you have done if you were in that situation or it was your kid what do you feel would have been the correct response?
    Whats the point of this thread? To pile-on and express hate on this dude who made a mistake (it seems like) or what?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Why is there a picture of the creep, there should be a picture of the gym clothes! How else are we supposed to judge?!
    You'll never get to know if the clothes were actually cute or not, Ceri. I hope this doesn't keep you up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Why is there a picture of the creep, there should be a picture of the gym clothes! How else are we supposed to judge?!
    Obviously to fortify his image as a creepy pedophile. Everyone knows that bald unattractive males are pedophiles right? :P (its a joke!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You'll never get to know if the clothes were actually cute or not, Ceri. I hope this doesn't keep you up at night.
    Noooooooo!

I will comfort myself with cute highschool anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Obviously to fortify his image as a creepy pedophile. Everyone knows that bald unattractive males are pedophiles right? :P (its a joke!)
    I thought it was the way they smiled.

I'd have to see a photo of the girl before coming to a conclusion.

Everyone is so quick to rush to judgement. Were his actions creepy? Yes. Does he deserve to lose his job over, as far as we know, one indiscretion? Not at all. Maybe he is gay, or a cross-dresser and wanted to find an outfit similar. Who knows. Everyone automatically assumes you're guilty, then judges you before ever knowing the full truth. It's crazy how half these responses are made just based on the picture provided. Which, looks like a typical bald, teacher with glasses. Very average.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should be fired for a lack of common sense at the very least
    Even if his intention was more or less harmless you don’t take pictures of your students without their permission.

If dude looked like Brad Pitt there are only two possible outcomes here: 1) It's never in the news because it's not reported; 2) it's a VERY different headline.

:P

Reverse the genders and the sentence would be "Teehee, oh you".

He should have at least slapped her ass and told her to hustle.