Poll: Which is the strongest?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Everything eventually dies.
    Except all the beings who are immortals and can't die of old age. Such as Titans, Old Gods, Demons, Faceless Ones, Lightforged, Wild Gods, the Mechagnomes, the Naaru, the Undead themselves...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-01-16 at 07:22 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

There is no death magic. There is only Light, Shadow and Fel (Light + Shadow).

The most powerful are both the Light and the Shadow. Fel is just the tool of the Legion, who is weaker than both the Light and the Shadow.

"The void lords are monstrous entities composed of pure shadow energy who dwell within the Void, outside the borders of reality. Merciless and cruel beyond imagination, they seek only "to twist reality into a realm of eternal torment", and ultimately to devour all matter and energy and the universe itself. However, only the most powerful of the void lords can actually manifest in the physical universe, and only for limited amounts of time for their energies quickly seep into nothingness. They thus must consume untold amounts of matter and energy to maintain their presence." - Chronicle Vol. 1
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

The rage bar / adrenaline

The power scaling from school types and heroes is all over the place in the game story and lore.

If you would follow the writers, void would be the first tied with holy
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2019-01-16 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Death obviously.. even the void fears death.
    Fel is nothing compared to the other 2.

- - - Updated - - -

This.
    /10chara

- - - Updated - - -

Either it wont work.. or it will just be a risen elf.. to join the banshee army.
    The void does not fear death. That is pure headcanon. If undeath is the key to defeating the Void, why does Old god blood(basically Void metal) completely destroy an undead's body and soul?
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2019-01-16 at 07:36 PM.

It changes to whatever it is required for the plot at the specific time. There is no consistency whatsoever.

Most powerful magic... Death, I'd guess. I feel that's the biggest mouth Nzoth was talking about, because it is sort of the opposite of life, which is what the Void wants to consume. And because the mortal races of Azeroth are kind of trying to harness that magic there's this whole mess and agitation from the Void and its minions (hopefully the Light will follow in agitation because I'd love to sport a Lightforged cloth set. It could be glorious).
    But when it comes to what kind of magic/energy users... I'd say Void Lords. They're so powerful they can't even manifest entirely in our universe, and that sounds scary powerful (and almost comical). So unless they bring up something like Death Mega Master's plane of nonexistence fighting the Fel and the void... I'd say the most powerful beings are Void Lords - but they fear Death and fear most that the living would be capable of if they struck an alliance with Death.

They are equal.
    The difference in power only comes with skill of magic users.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    The void does not fear death. That is pure headcanon. If undeath is the key to defeating the Void, why does Old god blood(basically Void metal) completely destroy an undead's body and soul?
    Because it does it to everything.
    The one thing that undeath has over void is the ability to resist whispers.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Death is represented by Necromancy/Undeath.
    Void represents the Shadow and fel represents Disorder.

What I mean is that fel and void are forces while death is represented physically by the force of undeath.

That said, I think Void and Light are the most powerful forces.

Why is the Void winning? Old Gods are parasitic chicken shits and we haven't even seen the Void Lords themselves.

I voted Death since that would be the be all, end all, and the Scourge became what has been said is an unstoppable force (without a Lich King to keep it in check) that even Kil'jaeden was concerned with.

Why is the Void winning?
    Because it's a threat to the entire cosmos, unlike Death that has never consumed entire worlds or Fel that isn't nearly as parasitic and nefarious as the Void.
    Old Gods are parasitic chicken shits
    You are talking about the entities that once ruled the entire world with an iron fist and have been a major threat to the world since Classic.

I voted Death since that would be the be all, end all, and the Scourge became what has been said is an unstoppable force (without a Lich King to keep it in check) that even Kil'jaeden was concerned with.
    I'm still quite doubtful tha the Scourge would be unstoppable without the Lich King. In fact, It's paradoxal. Every single army is weaker without a strong leader. What is the Undead army without the Lich King, if not a mindless rabble of undead? Furthermore, Warcraft III made it clear that with Ner'zhul's death, the Scourge would have been undone.

What concerned Kil'jaeden wasn't the power of the Lich King as much as the possibility of Azeroth being united under a single ruler, which would make a future invasion night-impossible to successfully carry out.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-01-16 at 09:05 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Which is the most destructive
    Though Fel is nothing but destruction, and Void consumes w/o end, Death is absolute. Every life-form, all their plans, and every empire succumbs to it in time.
    Which will win in a fight
    Mortals, Dragons, Keepers, Titans, Demons, Old Gods, and just about everything else dies. The only thing that doesn't is Death itself. Case in point: Helya. Death is undefeatable.
    Which is the most dangerous?
    Death doesn't have to be chaotic & violent, and it doesn't have to scheme in the shadows either. It can take its own sweet time because there is no escaping it.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Death obviously.. even the void fears death.
    Fel is nothing compared to the other 2.

- - - Updated - - -

This.
    /10chara

- - - Updated - - -

Either it wont work.. or it will just be a risen elf.. to join the banshee army.
    Why would a Knight of the Ebon Blade join the Banshee army?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    They are equal.
    The difference in power only comes with skill of magic users.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it does it to everything.
    The one thing that undeath has over void is the ability to resist whispers.
    Resisting the whispers doesn't make you immune to being devoured by the Void.

Not only that, but we've seen the Void consume the spirits of dead orcs(ghosts are undead too, and a Banshee is considered a ghost aswell) on Draenor. We've also seen the void used to raise the dead as seen with AU Ner'zhul and with Umbric in the Alliance war campaign. I don't recall ever seeing a void creature being raise into undeath though. Old god blood destroys the body and souls of undead. The void consumes ghosts with no effort. The void can be used for necromancy. Being slightly more resistant to the whispers is nothing compared to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    In the end, nothing ever defeats death.
    "In the end..." that is the realm of TIME. I'd say TIME is the biggest power. Technically time controls death, even the universe can't survive time.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    "In the end..." that is the realm of TIME. I'd say TIME is the biggest power. Technically time controls death, even the universe can't survive time.
    The Void exists outside the boundaries of the Universe. Not sure how time would work in the void. But it's wonky as fuck in the twisting nether.

It's a shame that Fel is almost last place. Just 5 minutes ago Sargeras almost killed us all you maniacs xD

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    I'd say the most powerful beings are Void Lords - but they fear Death and fear most that the living would be capable of if they struck an alliance with Death.
    They do not fear death. They simply do not like death/undeath because it would give them less matter to work with and consume.

Both the Lich King and the Banshee Queen utilize the powers of the void. The Scourge utilize Saronite(because they more easily resist the whispers) but the powers of saronite are still powers that originate from the Void. And the Horde has decided that Xal'atath(a Void dagger) will guide them to their future. Both are powerful death magic wielders, and both came to the conclusion that Void magic is incredibly powerful and useful.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2019-01-16 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Depends on the user, but so far I would say Void since Sargeras feared the most a void corrupted Titan than anything and he with fel magic soloed the pantheon
    A more accurate way to look at it is like a triangle. Arcane power is weak to fel, so Sargeras was able to defeat the Pantheon with fel power. But we don't know what the void is strong against... I'd assume that the void is weak to the light, but who knows if that is even true.

The reason, however, a void-empowered Titan is so dangerous is not because the Titan would have void power and void power is just deadly, rather, it is because the void lords would be able to cross over through it and destroy all of creation in so doing, because they themselves are freakishly powerful.

All the same, I'd be curious to see Blizzard elaborate on this. It's safe to assume that each magical school has their own strengths and weaknesses, and that none of them are 'the strongest'. Fel, for instance, isn't stronger than arcane, arcane is simply weak to it. Fel also has the disadvantage of being chaotic and difficult to control. Death is powerful, but is weak to the light. Presumably, fel is as well. But light in and of itself is unlikely to be very powerful otherwise. It's very rare to see holy magic used aggressively in the way fel, void, and death magic is.

If we want to go even further on this and look at statistics from the game to support this, in the base game there were resistances to fire, frost, arcane, shadow, and nature, but holy had no resistance and this was a key aspect of that school of magic. At the same time, offensive holy magic only existed through priests (who did not have an offensive holy damage spec) and paladins, who were not known for being high damage dealers and even then largely supplemented their offensive holy abilities with physical prowess. And yet, the fact that holy could not be reliably resisted gave it a special edge that other schools lacked. It's safe to assume that most schools of magic have their own aspects.

My headcanon for magic in WoW is probably this:

In terms of sheer, unbridled power (with all of the advantages and disadvantages), fel is surely the most powerful and destructive, but has little control over its power and exists almost entirely as corruption of other magic schools rather than a natural style of magic.

Void is probably the most corrupting (and devouring, by nature it consumes all it touches and is never quenched).

Death magic is the most overwhelming in how it saps life force.

Arcane is likely the most balanced force of power; it is supremely powerful, but limited in some ways, and easily corrupted. As it is the magical school most strongly connected to order, it depends upon being utilized correctly. It may exist as a combination of other various types of magic, even.

I cannot speak for natural magic (frost, fire, nature, etc), but it is by far the most versatile and variable school of magic, and it takes many forms and melds well with arcane power (which may explain why mages who utilize arcane magic heavily also have schools for frost and fire, and why druidic magic which is primarily nature-based utilizes arcane-based lunar magic so well).

Lastly, holy magic, while it lacks the sheer power of other schools of magic, is by far the most resistant to corruption (in the sense of being corrupted to a different type of magic) and the most piercing... which is why it would be effective against void, fel, and especially death where other magical schools would be ineffective despite being more powerful.

But, this is again, just my headcanon. Blizzard as far as I can tell has not elaborated upon this directly, but in short, as far as we can tell, void is just the next big bad we are dealing with. It's the void lords that are powerful (perhaps because they consumed so much power to become what they are?), rather than void magic in and of itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    The Void exists outside the boundaries of the Universe. Not sure how time would work in the void. But it's wonky as fuck in the twisting nether.
    Well they better not mess with my universe, that's where I keep all my stuff.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama