Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxlin View Post
    Oh yes. I wonder what will be first, this patch or the last LFR wing, as people who only raid LFR definitely won't get them before February 26th either way.
    It's pretty obvious that 8.1.5 comes after BoD has been released in every difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Gotta let the dreadwake subs run out first.
    This.

I mean what were they working on the last months? The allied races are delayed and they're still far from being done. It's ridiculous.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Well there's transmog I suppose.
    Have you SEEN the recent sets?

probably wont be available til after the last wing of lfr is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    Why exactly would they be available on patch day? Just doesn't make any sense story-wise as obviously we'd first have to actually discover them in-game and learn their story.

For Zandalari it makes sense, they don't join the horde officially until after the raid.

Buuuuut for Kul'tirans they joined the Alliance at the end of 8.0.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    Have you SEEN the recent sets?
    yes, and the BoD sets look quite good.
    so yes, transmog is still a reason.

Gimme a T "T!"

Gimme a P "P!"

Gimme a M "M!"

What's that spell?

TIME PLAYED METRICS

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxlin View Post
    Oh yes. I wonder what will be first, this patch or the last LFR wing, as people who only raid LFR definitely won't get them before February 26th either way.
    When push comes to shove, players who are desperate enough will do content they wouldn't normally complete.

For instance, the Garrosh heirlooms got a ton of players who didn't normally raid, jumping into the raid for them. As did mythic dungeons for the heirloom trinkets. People who really want to play as Zandalari/Kul Tirans would definitely do so here, though I suspect many more would just pay for a carry. Blizzard may even be anticipating this, but I don't want to go that far...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    It is interesting that LFR is lagging pretty good over even just normal war front stuff. It really is mostly there for transmogs it seems or to see it for people who just don't have the time to do the full raid.
    People who run LFR have plenty of reasons for doing so. The biggest reason I think is simply because they don't want to have to deal with shit from 'hardcore' raiders (or those who convince themselves that they are by being spiteful to those they consider beneath them). I typically LFR on my alts because I don't want to run my own raids (massive headache), and I don't want to put myself at the mercy of a random PUG raid leader--I've been burned too many times and each time feels extraordinarily shitty.

Basically, I suspect most people that run LFR, do so because they don't want to deal with the stress of running it on normal. You could literally set up LFR-style queues for normal mode, and as many people would run it (successfully, even) as LFR does now. The issue isn't the difficulty--normal is easy. The issue is dealing with the kind of people that run these raids, and I'm just barely scratching the tip of the iceberg here.

Although ironically, I haven't run LFR much this expansion hardly at all, and I didn't run it much last expansion, either. WoD was the last time I ran LFR actively (mainly on alts, again) and it was because working on the legendary rings gave me something to do. MoP was effectively the only expansion where I enjoyed LFR, since it was at least difficult enough to feel like the content it was mimicking... i.e., mechanics couldn't be ignored, and you often had to remove dramatically under performing players looking for a carry if you were constantly wiping, which forced players to adapt or play better.

The idea that "there's no reason to run LFR" is a thing is an ongoing joke. This entire reply was probably pointless to begin with because the people in question are already aware of this, they simply don't care or deny it because it doesn't affect them for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What the actual fuck, lmao

"On the PTR, we’ve enabled the last part of the War Campaign early, so that the Allied Race unlock quests can be started."

You've got to be kidding. It's a time gate. They're going to drip feed us more War Campaign crap and lock the new races behind it, after already delaying them to a half-patch after the patch they were promised.

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong.
    Considering all the other requirements we'd had to do to unlock the past Allied Races, I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Considering all the other requirements we'd had to do to unlock the past Allied Races, I don't see the problem.
    the problem isn't the unlock requirement, the problem is the time gate. They're going to be in the files, you'll see them on the character creation screen and be able to preview them, you'll start the questline to unlock them, then it'll cut you off half way through and say "Come back next week for more progress towards those shiny new races!" for no reason at all. 100% to keep people subbed, 0% anything else. There's no reason to advertise them in an expansion, then advertise them in a patch, then advertise them in a minor patch during that patch they were promised for, then announce that they'll actually come in a few weeks after that minor patch drops. Bullcrap <3

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    It may just be wording. Basically the last step is completion of this war campaign stage if that's live right away then you should be able to go to the embassy and get the quest to start their unlocks. For kul'tiran I am guessing its not going to be as long and involved as the others have been just do your stuff get the mount and unlock the allied race. So it depends if the war campaign is fully unlocked immediately or waits to unlock with full opening of LFR new raid.

- - - Updated - - -

It is interesting that LFR is lagging pretty good over even just normal war front stuff. It really is mostly there for transmogs it seems or to see it for people who just don't have the time to do the full raid.
    You know that normal pugs are usually faster than LFR right?

Funny how they just re-skin a few existing models, call them new races and suckers still fall for it line hook sinker. Minimal investment, maximum profit.

That's not what the blue post means in the slightest. They're unlocking the fourth part of the Tides of Vengeance war campaign, which opens on January 22nd. The PTR is currently operating on the live schedule, and thus doesn't have the final part unlocked by default. They unlocked it by default, so the story can be completed and the unlock scenario can be tested.

8.1.5 will be out at minimum a month after the raid, and the final part of the campaign, unlocks, this is just for this next week of testing, when they will get the most activity on the PTR.

If they gave you all the content at once they couldn't milk you for your monthly sub by stringing out the content at a snails pace.

Im sick of playing a race I dont plan on maining.
    It really breaks my RP-immerson doing everything in advance.
    And when I can finally play the character I planned, Ive already done everything

Blizzard lying and being deceptive. What else is news?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Funny how they just re-skin a few existing models, call them new races and suckers still fall for it line hook sinker. Minimal investment, maximum profit.
    Thats what they do with Call of Duty every year and seems to be one of the biggest selling games each year. Call of Duty has used the same old quake 3 engine and hasnt changed. Just think about it....

People obviously don't care, I for one like the Zandalari Trolls so will be rerolling their racials are sweet. More interesting than my Human racials anyway...

For the vast majority of people LFR is how they will get the races so you are looking at March until most people will have them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If they gave you all the content at once they couldn't milk you for your monthly sub by stringing out the content at a snails pace.
    Problem this time around clearly was the lack of time, had they put a small in-between raid at the end of legion and some small things they could have had beta go an extra few months and released the expansion in like November and more content would have been ready from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    Blizzard lying and being deceptive. What else is news?
    playerbase being shitty. also never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    For the vast majority of people LFR is how they will get the races so you are looking at March until most people will have them.
    This, really.

However it could be worse, as we dont have the release date of 8.1.5, which could come in april, if blizzard wanted to.

i have nothing to add to this discussion. i am just here for saying

quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests, quests.... aaaand .... another quest. (after the quest. that comes after the another quest. quest.)

why ?

because its cheap!