Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There has never been a time when badges where in place that you could use badges to buy gear equal to the best ilevel in game. It was always below the best ilevel possible. Previous gear was also never upgraded in ilevel. So badges for tier 2 gear would not get you gear that was equal to tier 3
    Your point would be valid, if not for the person I replied to, who asked if badge vendors ever sold gear that equals the ilvl of the PREVIOUS TIER'S MAX ILVL gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    I am not sure if you are the guy I originally replied to, but the person I replied to said that the badge vendor would offer gear that is on par with the best gear you could get the previous tier. If I remember correctly, in 4.3 patch for example, the badge vendor offered 397 gear, dragon soul dropped 410 ilvl on heroic, with 416 ilvl weapons from deathwing, while 4.2 raid, firelands, dropped 397 gear when it came to Ragnaros' loot table. This means that the badge vendor offered in that case for example the same ilvl gear as the previous tier's max ilvl.
    Ahh, yeah I totally misread what you were quoting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nagual View Post
    Good. Now you have more time to bitch around on the forums.
    Nope, not me, I don't do that stuff. I just watch others do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You're generalizing. I'm happy the current elementary school students have better english classes than I did because in my time it was shit and we told them it was shit. Now it changed.

Also, and much more importantly, WoW is not a job or a chore and does not require much effort, it's just a video game. So wishing that people are stuck behind you in fucking boring content with their alts just to make yourself feel like what you did really mattered is a very asshole-ish attitude. Look forward, not backward. Terrible human beings think like you, not good ones, don't put us all in the same basket.
    He isnt generalizing anything. You literaly want everyone win i monopoly game. Guees what. Nobady would play such game. Game where everybody is winner isnt game. Everybody wants to win, beat others, be special and recognized. Yes including you.no matter what you say you also want be that guy. There is big difference. You cant be that guy, becouse you are entilted lazy kid and instead of putting effort you want to game rules to change for you. Becouse if you cant be winnner nobady can be winner righr? Pretty sure if you would post your armory you wpuld be one of those LFR heroes what have never done any real progression coz lazy or w/e thats why you love this system. Too bad that major part of community qui game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    How would that work for WoW? It's not a game built for that sort of progression. What would the endgame carrot be, transmog? So much of a focus on cosmetics is a reason why BfA isn't succesful.
    No BFA is not successful because the character progression itself is horrible this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartakan View Post
    The way they are calling each tier a season now, is a bit worrying. To me it seems like a push to divide the expansion into 3-4 part where they just reset everything, making the stuff you did in the previous season almost irrelevant. The extreme of this model is to change the expansion model and make it something like Fortnite where they sell you each season. I know is tin foil hat conspiracy, but it would be a way to do annual expansions, something that they always wanted to do but never were able to accomplish.

To those that ask what is different, is the shear amount of gear you get now(and to a lesser extreme in Legion). Before there was some sort of reset every tier, but the stuff outside of raids didnt scale to the new rewards. Now we have WQ, m+, m+ weakly chest, warfronts, expolsuim. I can get a new character and hit ilv 400 in 2 weeks, making it pointless to play on the first season(outside of cosmetic rewards).
    They're calling M+ and PvP as seasons, like they always have. Stop being so dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Won't matter anyway, because mobs will continue scaling.
    I swear to god the only people still complaining about this are the ones who never bothered getting above 320 ilvl. Anyone who thinks that mobs aren't significantly easier to kill at 340/50/60/70/80 than they are at 320 is lying or never learned how to do anything other than auto attack.

The catch up mechanics LITERALLY do not affect how YOU play the game. So why do you care? You are literally upset about what OTHER PEOPLE get. You are by definition an asshole. You're supposed to do your thing and not get offended by what other people do.

Did you complain about people in TBC being carried in raids on their fresh 70's because the catch up was cancerous? Did you yell at people who are not happy about doing the same content on their alt that they already did on their main just because you want it to be slow and tedious as fuck for NOTHING?

You should fucking go back to live in a cave and discover fire. You should be forced to do the entire progress, not just have the priviledge of being born in this century. Do get some black plague for fun, I heard it was a blast, it should be a requiremnt that everyone gets through that before enjoying technology.

You are a true idiot and this is not said as an insult, it's just a fact statement. Realize it, live with it, deal with it.
    LOL you don't get the point whatsoever.

It's not about what others can do. The problem is that you didn't need to invest that much time in the past 6 months. You can start today and achieve in 2 days what you have achieved in 6 months. Why would anyone ever want to waste 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Very slowly becoming world of casual craft.
    WoW was always casual, back when it launched it was the 'casual mmo' compared to competition like Everquest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    He isn't generalizing anything. You literally want everyone to win monopoly game. Guess what. Nobody would play such game. A game where everybody is winner isn't game. Everybody wants to win, beat others, be special and recognized. Yes including you, no matter what you say you also want to be that guy. There is big difference.
    I think this was a good point, not the insulting stuff after. I think the difference here is you and me prefer using other players as the bench mark of our success. That's in part why we play an mmorpg, we draw very little satisfaction from just doing something in game that everyone can do. The reason Raider.io etc is so popular with that segment of the player population. Arbitrary rewards from game code don't give the same satisfaction and is kind of sad..., when I kill a boss months before the majority of people that is "fun" it makes my accomplishments in game have more value to me I'm competing against real people, and comparing myself against others is what provides the motivation to get better and strive for more.
    Last edited by PLS; 2019-01-18 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    They're calling M+ and PvP as seasons, like they always have. Stop being so dramatic.
    idek why these kids are acting up like this bc since wotlk, previous tiers were invalid, and in tbc you just languished in mediocrity (and tried to guild hop) when a new raid came out

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons get an ilevel increase to make them still have a point at all. Back in the day, we had badges and other systems that made them worthwhile (at least once a day), now we don't so they raise the base ilevel of the rewards they provide to keep them somewhat relevant.

Warfront are getting an ilevel increase for the same reason, to stay relevant. Why do a warfront once for a piece of 370-385 gear when I can spam run mythic 0's on a fresh alt for 370's?

Like it or lump it, ilevel is the main source of progression for most people in the game, and the way the game is designed now in general. If they raise them at a much lower rate, people don't really feel the progression. This has all been explained numerous times from Blizzard themselves.

Besides literally all of that, it's a new raid tier and ilevel has increased at this time traditionally since the games inception.

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    LOL you don't get the point whatsoever.

It's not about what others can do. The problem is that you didn't need to invest that much time in the past 6 months. You can start today and achieve in 2 days what you have achieved in 6 months. Why would anyone ever want to waste 6 months?
    because they play the game for, you know, fun

You're generalizing. I'm happy the current elementary school students have better english classes than I did because in my time it was shit and we told them it was shit. Now it changed.

Also, and much more importantly, WoW is not a job or a chore and does not require much effort, it's just a video game. So wishing that people are stuck behind you in fucking boring content with their alts just to make yourself feel like what you did really mattered is a very asshole-ish attitude. Look forward, not backward. Terrible human beings think like you, not good ones, don't put us all in the same basket.
    But you would've been upset if others in your age group got better English classes than you did for no reason.

Wow is not a job or a chore, you don't have to do any of it but it still follows the same human interactions as any other hobby. You can't just go to a football field where top hobbyist team (w/e is the right term) is playing and tell them "I want to play with you, give me good equipment" (not a perfect example but I think you get the drift).
    Buying access to the game doesn't mean you get access to everything in the game, it only means you can try to get the stuff you want via playing the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Fun is subjective, basically you have a group of people that would be fine with gear templates and just a series of mini games and a group of people that consider the progression as the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    WoW was always casual, back when it launched it was the 'casual mmo' compared to competition like Everquest.
    It seems answer for every problem curently is ,, wow was always this way,,. Thats right boya looks like we play same game for 15 years even when deva them self told us wow today is completly different game than it was back in vannila but somehow wow always was like this. Gus lets all sub game is fixed!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yep and invalidate 6 months of effort by 1 patch is not fun.

Sure, fun...

Grinding islands is really fun. Grinding any content hoping for titanforge upgrades is really fun.

Guess what, when i have the option to get to 385ilvl in 6 months paying 13€/month or getting past 385 from scratch within a week paying only 13€ once, ofc i'll play for only a month after each "major" content patch. Playing only 3 out of 15 months each xpac is really healthy for my wallet and horrible for the game.

I don't get how anyone can believe this system is how it's supposed to be. You have to be ignorant af.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Dungeons get an ilevel increase to make them still have a point at all. Back in the day, we had badges and other systems that made them worthwhile (at least once a day), now we don't so they raise the base ilevel of the rewards they provide to keep them somewhat relevant.

Warfront are getting an ilevel increase for the same reason, to stay relevant. Why do a warfront once for a piece of 370-385 gear when I can spam run mythic 0's on a fresh alt for 370's?

Like it or lump it, ilevel is the main source of progression for most people in the game, and the way the game is designed now in general. If they raise them at a much lower rate, people don't really feel the progression. This has all been explained numerous times from Blizzard themselves.

Besides literally all of that, it's a new raid tier and ilevel has increased at this time traditionally since the games inception.
    So inatead of having badges or w/e some currencu or material. They choose to inflate itemlvl, make all work from previsou content vanish in blink of the eye and completly remove exclusivity, fullfilment only to be replaced by toxicity, entiltement, frustration and rng. What a great system holy *****. You guys are just so out of touch.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-01-18 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    Okay, I'll clear this up for the people who just don't get it.

Tell me:

1. When did dungeon items get their item levels increased, rather than new dungeons with better gear?
    2. When did World Quests start getting their items increased, rather than replaced via new content?
    3. When did vendors get their items increased, rather than a new tier vendor prior to the system removal?
    4. When did gear bonus procs start their random item level increase, rather than a specific value?

I'll let you start with those four. And, to be fair, anyone is allowed to answer them. I'll happily correct those who are wrong, just to put this "this iz fiftein yearz lolz" claim out of the thread, because it's laughably incorrect.

@OneWay, @XDurionX, @Gaidax and @Felrush are all invited to answer these questions, too.
    Legion is the answer to all this. Not new to BFA, so if you had no problem with it last expansion you shouldn't now.
    Obviously its not been like this since classic, but there have always been catch ups. More over, this one is sorely needed, as a fresh 120 with the changes to secondaries feels very bad to play. Getting our hands on 370 gear for free is actually very nice for those just getting toosn to max.

There is no going back, but there doesn't need to be. The more people geared for competitive content the better. We need to focus our efforts instead on how to get people to stop lying about the game instead of just quitting and moving on with their lives when they dislike it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am definitely not trying to be knowledgeable about trivial, obvious and not difficult things to comprehend.

Why don't you complain how one expansion had 5 levels to cap and another had 10 levels to cap? I think you will have quality material with that.......

Stupid is to not understand that since 2004, you had RNG in World of WarCraft.

I am right. You are wrong.
    Here we go boys another ,,wow was always this way,,. Obviously wow had titanforging back in vannila, random sockets, random traits and random affixes on top of personal loot. Guys i think i was playing wrong game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Legion is the answer to all this. Not new to BFA, so if you had no problem with it last expansion you shouldn't now.
    Obviously its not been like this since classic, but there have always been catch ups. More over, this one is sorely needed, as a fresh 120 with the changes to secondaries feels very bad to play. Getting our hands on 370 gear for free is actually very nice for those just getting toosn to max.

There is no going back, but there doesn't need to be. The more people geared for competitive content the better. We need to focus our efforts instead on how to get people to stop lying about the game instead of just quitting and moving on with their lives when they dislike it.
    So in shory you want game to die instead of getting it into better state.