Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    No one actually gives a shit about the tax portion. The black market for almost anything never truly goes away (especially when it isn't legal in all portions of a country). The convenience and zero worry about jail time is all that most people care about. Store bought quality is better, there is variety, and there is a small amount of quality control as well.

The people who write and post this shit were against legalization in the first place and just want to be like "see it didn't destroy the black market totally." There is a goddamn black market for sneakers. So please for the love of god give it up. Legalization is and always will be better than making it illegal. The black market won't vanish completely ever. But it will dwindle down and the tax over time will probably go down in the long run, especially in the US after federal legalization.

You are talking about a market that just emerged. It started in 2014 on the legal side. It is going to take a while for all factors to take control and the prices to reach the best point. You can point to black market prices to show a history for pricing, but that just isn't real data that is an apples to apples comparison for the FMV of weed. It is going to take probably a decade or more for it to reach optimum, especially once all states or majority, or nationally it comes through. Look at Medical it is drastically lower, no reason for that beyond it being around for so many years before. There isn't anyone regulating medical weed costs. Shit, look at all drug companies they don't give a fuck about what they charge.

TLDR; yeah, new market is new and the pricing is going to be fucked and bounce around. Black Markets don't go away they shrink in size.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2019-01-16 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    I understand what you are saying but it does not connect with the issue. We don't care if the prices will go down.
    In the post I quoted you had three bullet points. One of the three was specifically about cost. If you don't care about price, why would you bother making a point about cost?

It is simply unacceptable that they did not anticipate what customers were smoking. People smoke good weed for a good high. They thought they could simply legalise it, apply the shits they have learned in their MBA program to maximise the profit, and supply "in"/gmo/trash weed to become rich.
    That is indeed one reason why some people smoke weed. The definition of "good" is also subjective. Some smoke it because it is fun. Some smoke it for pain relief. Some smoke it for anxiety. Both medical and non-medical. Some have never smoked it before and have no idea what to expect. Do you prefer Sativa, Indica, or a hybrid? Which strain is the "best"? The answer is going to be completely dependent on the person.

Here is a perfect analogy: Imagine that in Israel/Iran they legalise meat but then they don't supply them with kosher/halal meat. Won't you think that the government is retarded and got disconnected with the people?
    It's a bad analogy because they literally would not be able to eat it. I'm pretty sure they aren't running out of stock because people are simply buying weed to throw out. It would have been better to say the government is offering ground beef while the black market is offering steak. Have you tried every strain of weed from every dispensary and confirmed that every single one of them is bad? Do other people feel the same way? Or is this simply your opinion?

One thing that your analogy does show though, is a precisely a reason why some people would buy government "halal/kosher' meat. There are standards, regulations, and inspections to ensure that the meat is in fact kosher/halal. The black market would offer no such guarantee. You're just taking the word of the seller.

On top of it, the kosher meat on the black market remains cheaper than the legal non-kosher meat.
    I'll refer to your previous comment from your same post:
    We don't care if the prices will go down.
    So you're complaining that it is more expensive but then also saying you don't care about price. Pick a side.

Why should people buy movies / music when they can just pirate it for free? Why should people buy WoW tokens from Blizzard to use for in game gold when they can get more from gold selling websites for cheaper? I could go on, but I think you get the point. The black market is almost always cheaper than the public market unless there are barriers in place. You can buy almost anything cheaper under the table for commercial goods than you can in public. It is almost impossible to stamp out the black market.

Come back after the market has been running for a year or two, and I bet the gaps between the public and black markets for weed on price, quality, variety, and supply will be greatly narrowed and in some cases favoring the public market. Several of the problems mentioned are due to the rushed nature of the legalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    I recognize a vivosun tent

You look like you're growing with CFLs, however, which is not a path to success. The ONLY way to produce high-quality weed indoors is through a minimum 600W HPS light. CFL plants are anemic and do not live up to the potential of the plant. You've also got some yellowing in the center of the leaf, which at that early of an age is due to a serious nutrient imbalance. Typically new growers overfeed their plants, which may be the case here. I would also recommend top trimming after the first knuckle to encourage a shorter, fatter plant, instead of letting it grow unhindered. Otherwise your bud will be rather thin and "popcorny." You can't fix this on this particular plant, so at the very least trim the bottom tier of leaves as the flowering sites in that area will be under-lit- a problem exacerbated by the use of CFLs.

Seriously though- ditch the CFLs. They aren't worth your time or effort and do not do your plants justice.
    Well, it is a picture with the light off. I am using full spectrum LED and it has been working great. I also have really good nutrients for veg and flowering. The tent has no name brand me and my buddy built it for under 30$ using a Mylar heat blanket and a kids toy lol. I grew some outdoor this summer and everyone who tried it said it was the best they ever smoked (it was around 30% THC) so I am getting good at it.

Below you can see it with my light on, also I name all my plants and hers is Mugatu lol

Last edited by Unholyground; 2019-01-17 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    In the post I quoted you had three bullet points. One of the three was specifically about cost. If you don't care about price, why would you bother making a point about cost?

That is indeed one reason why some people smoke weed. The definition of "good" is also subjective. Some smoke it because it is fun. Some smoke it for pain relief. Some smoke it for anxiety. Both medical and non-medical. Some have never smoked it before and have no idea what to expect. Do you prefer Sativa, Indica, or a hybrid? Which strain is the "best"? The answer is going to be completely dependent on the person.

It's a bad analogy because they literally would not be able to eat it. I'm pretty sure they aren't running out of stock because people are simply buying weed to throw out. It would have been better to say the government is offering ground beef while the black market is offering steak. Have you tried every strain of weed from every dispensary and confirmed that every single one of them is bad? Do other people feel the same way? Or is this simply your opinion?

One thing that your analogy does show though, is a precisely a reason why some people would buy government "halal/kosher' meat. There are standards, regulations, and inspections to ensure that the meat is in fact kosher/halal. The black market would offer no such guarantee. You're just taking the word of the seller.

I'll refer to your previous comment from your same post:

So you're complaining that it is more expensive but then also saying you don't care about price. Pick a side.

Why should people buy movies / music when they can just pirate it for free? Why should people buy WoW tokens from Blizzard to use for in game gold when they can get more from gold selling websites for cheaper? I could go on, but I think you get the point. The black market is almost always cheaper than the public market unless there are barriers in place. You can buy almost anything cheaper under the table for commercial goods than you can in public. It is almost impossible to stamp out the black market.

Come back after the market has been running for a year or two, and I bet the gaps between the public and black markets for weed on price, quality, variety, and supply will be greatly narrowed and in some cases favoring the public market. Several of the problems mentioned are due to the rushed nature of the legalization.
    Bro you got a serious problem. Why would you bother writing an essay on my post? It is a thread, people write quickly, you also have to use your common sense to understand what others are saying.
    Listen, after having legalized it, people started complaining (customers and store managers). Of course journalists interviewed them to discuss about the issue and they stated all the points that I said: costumer doesnt like the weed because of "in" vs "out", manager acknowledged that they failed to anticipate the quantities and that the quality is not as good and that the prices are not competitive for the reasons I already said. I am not sharing my opinion, there is nothing to argue on, I'm just saying what is fuckin happening lol (at least in quebec).

Most potheads are poor trashy people so of course it will go the way of an illicit market.

Bro you got a serious problem. Why would you bother writing an essay on my post? It is a thread, people write quickly, you also have to use your common sense to understand what others are saying.
    I'll leave this for when you're back from your ban.

Forums are for discussion. You can choose to write short posts, or you can choose to write longer. It's up to the individual to decide what they want. I like discussion. This isn't Twitter. I do understand what you're saying, but I don't think you are understanding what I am saying.

Listen, after having legalized it, people started complaining (customers and store managers). Of course journalists interviewed them to discuss about the issue and they stated all the points that I said: costumer doesnt like the weed because of "in" vs "out", manager acknowledged that they failed to anticipate the quantities and that the quality is not as good and that the prices are not competitive for the reasons I already said. I am not sharing my opinion, there is nothing to argue on, I'm just saying what is fuckin happening lol (at least in quebec).
    Quality is subjective. It isn't fact. Someone smoking for depression and someone smoking for anxiety are not going to want the same marijuana.

I never said prices were competitive in the current state of the market. Furthermore as mentioned, legal stores bring other benefits that a dealer does not. If the market in Canada goes like the market is going in Colorado, the pricing will become competitive.

As for stock, there was a brief shortage to start, but it has been fine since.

It's way too early to judge the Canadian market. As it matures it will improve in every aspect.

Until its legal federally who really cares in the states. Jobs can still piss you and fire you if its legal in your state. PO can piss you can send you back to prison. It can be used against you in court cases. All around you can still get fucked by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They are overcharging simple as that, they just need to cut their prices in half and the black market disappears. Honestly I am growing my own plants and I am getting really good at it so fuck buying from them lol. The current issue is they are under supplied pretty much everywhere in Canada right now so they can keep the prices high.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't Forget a lot of illegal weed is garbage and poorly grown too, so a lot of times you are getting shit weed.
    lol the lack of pruning is triggering me

Was the goal to get rid of the black market? Alcohol is legal in the states yet moonshiners exist in every midwest state I have been to. You can't compete with tax-free operations if low prices are your goal. Consistancy and (supposedly) well regulated products will always cost more.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    lol the lack of pruning is triggering me
    She has been pruned several times since this photo lol.