Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    I have no problem with this, as I'm not buying anything from the store. It has no influence on my game, so why should I care?
    Because other players purchasing this encourages more microtransactions in a game thats already pay to play and subscription based. More time is spent making stuff for the store, that could otherwise be spent making in game earn-able content.

It's also a source of revenue for them, which to be honest i'd rather they be relying on subscriptions so when people are leaving their game they might be more keen to do something about it.

You not doing something doesn't mean there is no effect from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Or maybe it's just a common business practice for games with esports scenes and Blizzard has actually been slow to adopt it.
    Yeah, among games that are either free to play or buy to play, none of them requires subscription.

Anyway, I don't mind it. Just wonder how will they implement it, because as of now, it looks like it will be something generic, like a standard you plant in the ground/strap to your back.

Guess we'll have to wait for something proper, like a hoodie or sword transmog with your favorite streamer's logo, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    They made far fewer. Isn't really that hard to figure out why they started making more. It's the way business works ... things need to be funded. Also, you should realize they still do make a lot of stuff available in-game.
    Huh? They made a ton for the game before the shop came out.

Don't care... and they are upfront about it so don't like it don't buy it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    How about canning the faux outrage and just not buy them? How about that? If you don't want to support WoW eSports then ignore those items.
    It's not very hard to understand that people take an anti-micro transaction stance against this, and that it's exceeding the basic issue of just being "supporting esports" or not. Come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Dota is doing this for at least the last 5 years and nobdy cried.

God the wow kids these days.
    Yeah this playerbase is such a whiny bunch of brats.

Every small thing blizzard does is criticized under the biggest microscope.

It's exhausting.

Typically I'd be fine with it, hell even more if it was mounts/tabards, but i dont trust blizzard at all as a company currently.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

So the people interested in Esports can help fund it and somehow thats a bad thing?

I get that some try hard collectors may feel that they are forced to buy them even if they don't give a shit about WoW Esports but I really don't see this as something worth cawing up a storm over.

So they need to sell in-game toys to fund esports after they gave 15M dollarso to cfo
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Huh? They made a ton for the game before the shop came out.
    Huh? They have more now.

Uhh.. Their money, their call?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Huh? They have more now.
    Yeah. And they didnt have to be on the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's an excuse to expand their shop while using esports to rake in advertisement. At our expense.
    Quick tip: if you don't buy them it's no expense to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Dota is doing this for at least the last 5 years and nobdy cried.

God the wow kids these days.
    Dota is completely F2P, though. You can play all of its characters without spending a dime for as long as you wish... much unlike WoW. Not really comparable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Uhh.. Their money, their call?
    It isn't their money, but ours (as a collective playerbase). I'd very much prefer for that money to be spent on fixing several of the broken features in the game, rather than in something that only a tiny fraction of the playerbase is interested at.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna see how this $10 is divided up
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I find it a bit absurd they feel the need to crowdfund the esport scene when the game itself is sustained by a 13 euros / 15 dollars per month subscription + box sales , to add ..they will most likely put a cap on the prizes and pocket the excess money and what if the crowdfunding fails ? no MDI or arena tournament ? just another tactic to spill money from vanity item addicts .

As long as the collection of these toys are excluded from any toy collection related achievements, I'm fine with it.

I don't wish to fund pvp prize pools(I'd rather any money I gve to blizzard goes to developing content for wow, not to the back pocket of somebody that plays wow like me), so I simply won't buy them.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

They should just sod off with all these esport crap every other game does better anyways and spend the money they are wasting on esports on whats actually important. The games. If they don't fix wow, Soon enough overwatch and wow is dead and they got nothing except candy crush and HS to live on. They won't survive that.

If wow is gonna keep going the way it is. Then rip blizzard

For those in the know: what % does Riot/Valve keep from their funding and what % goes to prize pool?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Quick tip: if you don't buy them it's no expense to you.
    Don’t intent to. Still doesn’t make it acceptable to have them in a game that requires a subscription.