Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Horde ends up losing everything they gained through their war campaign

The scepter of the tides returned to Kul Tiras
    Jaina's brother is given back to her
    Zandalari Navy half destroyed

And what did the Alliance gain out of their war campaign?
    They succesfully defeated the San'layn
    They killed some blood trolls
    They succesfully destroyed the troll navy

And the Horde loses Rastakhan while the Alliance loses... no one.
    As a Horde you literally are an NPC in this storyline if you don't support Glugfang and the Alliance over Sylvanas.

How isn't the story bias? Yeah Horde can choose 2 shitty options instead of getting the baseline shitty one. Woo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post

As a Horde you literally are an NPC in this storyline if you don't support Glugfang and the Alliance over Sylvanas.

How isn't the story bias? Yeah Horde can choose 2 shitty options instead of getting the baseline shitty one. Woo hoo.
    The most obvious answer to this is Alliance bias. Blizzard sells the glorious Alliance, lead by the even more glorious super High King, who is supposed to save the Universe from the Void, as the best thing ever happening to Azeroth. Alliance mains are still in denial about this obvious fact, but only in order to keep acting like they are the victims instead of the catered heroes/protagonists. Don't be too sad. I know Sylvanas is up to something so she will blow something evil and huge enough to turn around the outcome of events.

5+ Year Old Account
    We...we get cool mounts...that counts?
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The most obvious answer to this is Alliance bias. Blizzard sells the glorious Alliance, lead by the even more glorious super High King, who is supposed to save the Universe from the Void, as the best thing ever happening to Azeroth. Alliance mains are still in denial about this obvious fact, but only in order to keep acting like they are the victims instead of the catered heroes/protagonists. Don't be too sad. I know Sylvanas is up to something so she will blow something evil and huge enough to turn around the outcome of events.
    This game has a Horde bias!

*2 months later*

Obvious Alliance bias!

*2 months later*

Omfg this game and their Horde bias. CAN IT STOP

*2 months later*

Blizzard clearly has an alliance bias.

STAPH
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

And the Alliance gained nothing from the pre-patch's campaign. Tit for tat.

Maybe next time we shouldn't leave our War Campaign in the hands of the guy who is purely there because he fucks the boss.

The horde are failures, get over it. HAIL TO THE NIGHT! Mess with the NE's u get rekt double.

Sorry, i have no time to read your whining, i gotta prepare for weeks of progress on JAINA disguised as a Horde race that i cannot even chose. My compassion for you having to switch your form for a middle-raid boss that will be defeated in 1-2 nights is mildly limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    The horde are failures, get over it. HAIL TO THE NIGHT! Mess with the NE's u get rekt double.
    At least someone is honest about the bias they get from the developers. Finally. Took them long enough to admit it

Saving this topic for when some meat head Hordie calls the Alliance crybabies and pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Saving this topic for when some meat head Hordie calls the Alliance crybabies and pussies.
    Why would you link evidence and reasoning that it makes the meathead Horde even more right?

Why would you link evidence and reasoning that it makes the meathead Horde even more right?
    What does that have to do with what I quoted?

I'm saving a good source of whining, crying, and kvetching from a Hordie.

TBF, Rastakhan's death is a major 'plus' for the Horde, as now Talanji, his daughter, is sitting on the throne, and she is a major Horde supporter, while her dad was... kinda dubious on his support to the Horde when he was alive.

Also: the Alliance does lose someone: Gelbin Mekkatorque. "Ah, but he's just frozen, he can be thawed!" To which I reply: yeah, just like Rastakhan could be resurrected. So, neither side lost someone, by that logic.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

We still don’t know if the brother is mentally stable after his ordeal, still thinking he Gona end up killing a proudmore.(frankly he shouldn’t have been in the story at all anyway considering he was set aflame and spent years in the ocean where his bones would been picked clean at the very least).
    The sceptre seemed like a op item when it was being described to the horde champion but you barely used it when you got it so it went the way of the vindicator.
    partnering with the sanlayn would been a ridiculous terrible idea in the first place since they would probably be chowing down on any “expendable” living grunt once they were firmly in the horde(don’t need more elf races anyway)
    Both sides killed plenty of blood trolls so this point is moot.
    Rastakhan was passed his prime along time ago and killing him is more of a favour to the horde, plus the alliance ends up with the gnome leader frozen for probably the remainder of this expac atleast.

The whole war story of bfa is shit, both sides are literally facing off against old god monsters yet they still fighting each other, while neutral characters are picking sides when they previously choose not too.(rexxer/Voss shouldn’t be fighting this battle) and the alliance have purifiers setting furry critters on fire just because they delivered some goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    What does that have to do with what I quoted?

I'm saving a good source of whining, crying, and kvetching from a Hordie.
    How is this whining. Im just pointing out how everything the Horde does during its campaign is futile.

What did ACTUALLY expect the status quo to CHANGE?

Ohohoho, that is adorable.

10+ Year Old Account

only people who arent aware of the story call it bias. there is no bias in the game. not for horde or the alliance. the faction war is a pendulum. the horde started it strong. now the alliance is kicking back. soon it will be horde's turn again.

people weep about it without realizing that we arent even half way through the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post

*2 months later*

Obvious Alliance bias!

*2 months later*

*2 months later*

STAPH
    this person gets it XD.

its tiring to see every 3rd month these weeping threads poping up.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

One of the aspects of WoW that hamstrings any Alliance vs Horde story the most is the idea that there always needs to be some equal exchange whenever one side gets an advantage over the other. It keeps the conflict in a dull, predictable stalemate where the hand of the writer is always painfully apparent. The story is far more interesting and organic when one side gets to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    its hilarious how you contradict yourself in your own post. and go further on to report how alliance are babies yet in every other thread i see you crying constantly about how the game is so unfair.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

*2 months later*

Obvious Alliance bias!

*2 months later*

*2 months later*

STAPH
    This person wins the thread. /gives cookies

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

*2 months later*

Obvious Alliance bias!

*2 months later*

*2 months later*

STAPH
    This is just so true. A part of telling stories is the ups and downs of each faction. But some seem to forget what just happened a few months ago when people were yelling "Horde bias!".
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.