Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    There commercial did show black people in a bad light though that's what you were bitching about. There were white men who helped other white guys. It's not anti-white just anti-male. I don't walk around with a victim complex and maybe that's why we can't agree on much.
    There is no victim complex. It's annoyance that media- be it news, movies, TV shows, or commercials are left wing dominated and they constantly warp reality to fit their warped view of the world.

For those of you still convinced the Gillette video wasn't an attack on men, check this out:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...linity-ad.html

The director behind Gillette's controversial new ad is a woman whose past work includes an ode to female genitals and a short film that explores 'toxic masculinity' featuring a protagonist whose life crumbles when he becomes addicted to steroids.
    Why you would get a misandrist to create a video selling mens products is a fucking mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Your left wing bias is showing. It was lecturing men as if we are bad, and clearly anti WHITE men as usual.
    If you took offence to this ad then perhaps you are a peice of shit this was targeting....
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

There is no victim complex. It's annoyance that media- be it news, movies, TV shows, or commercials are left wing dominated and they constantly warp reality to fit their warped view of the world.
    Too perfect an opportunity:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Gee I don’t know... likes/dislikes ratio on the actual video itself would be a pretty good place to start

- - - Updated - - -

Got some internalized racism you’d like to share with us there mate?
    Likes/dislikes are a terrible place to start. People more readily dislike than like not to mention people that didn't care. Also factor in all the losers that came from where they heard about this to dislike...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The issue with dislike ratios on YT is that a lot of the time people will direct others to the video with the message of "Downvote this to oblivion"...I don't think it ever really gives an accurate count. The video itself has ~24 million views. How many of those views are from people that didn't rate it at all?
    The best part about trying to use youtube as a metric for this crap, is that these are the same people who swear up and down that "no one is talking about men's issues." Meanwhile, in reality, anti-feminism and anti-SJW content is astronomically more popular than feminist material on youtube. So that site is simultaneously representative of cultural attitudes towards these issues when it comes to fighting back against the nefarious feminazis, while also not representative at all when it comes to them pretending that they're victims and that no one cares about men's issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Likes/dislikes are a terrible place to start. People more readily dislike than like not to mention people that didn't care. Also factor in all the losers that came from where they heard about this to dislike...
    Cool, got any other evidence to refute it then? It actually had a worse ratio earlier. It was close to 4:1 the day it was uploaded, so it's actually balanced out comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    For those of you still convinced the Gillette video wasn't an attack on men, check this out:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...linity-ad.html

Why you would get a misandrist to create a video selling mens products is a fucking mystery.
    How do either of these make one a misandrist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Cool, got any other evidence to refute it then? It actually had a worse ratio earlier. It was close to 4:1 the day it was uploaded, so it's actually balanced out comparatively.
    Exactly, it is a useless metric

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    When does that ad tell people that? Did you watch a different one?

Anyone who thinks the ad was directed at them is probably a piece of shit.
    Who was the ad directed at then?

When does that ad tell people that? Did you watch a different one?

Anyone who thinks the ad was directed at them is probably a piece of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

No. They're not. Unless you yourself are assuming all men act the way some of the ones in the ad were acting.
    Yeah going up to women is wrong. You do know how you got onto this planet in the first place, right?

It's liberal bullshit, all there is to it. 652k likes, 1.1 million dislikes... unless you are claiming youtube is a right wing platform....?

Ill do a tldr version of your post "I"m a victim".
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    A lot of videos have a high view count but a low upvote/downvote ratio.
    I'm just saying that any binary system like "upvote/downvote" fails to capture the "indifferent" vote...which is often where the true majority lies. Most people aren't going to boycott Proctor and Gamble over this ad. Most people don't even think about how much of the stuff they typically buy is made by P&G.

I predict this is going to work out exactly like last years nike boycott did.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

DSC ftw with some Dr. Carver easy shave BUTTTAAAAAHHHHHH

The men who act like pieces of shit.
    Are there so many of them that we needed a short film from a men's razor company to make us aware? Hey, you may or may not be a piece of shit, but here's a video to help you identify which you are. And if you are a piece of shit, please stop.

It's all so fucking retarded and insulting it makes my head hurt.

The men who act like pieces of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said going up to women is wrong? What the fuck are you talking about? Youtube is neither right nor left wing. Using youtube likes as a metric shows your severe lack of statistical knowledge.

So you think liberals just made up that bullying is a real thing?
    1.8 million people decided to leave an opinion on the video, and twice as many disliked it.... twice as many WITH youtube removing dislikes and comments angry at the ad. Yeah, that looks like a worthy stat to me. Its not a company that makes shavings items place to tell men they are evil, we have the Young Turks and a million other groups doing that already.

Where people didn't even actually boycott and literally bought their products to destroy them on camera? That was pretty hilarious.
    Exactly like that. I remember all the "get woke, go broke" comments on that thread as well.

Well, Nike didn't "go broke"

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...mpaign-n908251

Nike sales jumped by 31 percent after debuting quarterback-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick as a new company spokesman — and market observers say the president’s public displays of anger may have backfired by drawing more attention to Nike.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-01-21 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Gillette thanks all of you for taking the bait and helping them sell more stuff.
    Help me understand how not buying a product from a company helps them? Sure I understand that " any publicity is good publicity" or that is the saying anyway. I just dont really agree that it always works.

Nike launched a " controversial" add and they did great after. They do sell clothes though so I think its a bit different.

Blizzard showed off Diablo Immortal and everyone shit all over it and hated it. Their stock plummeted and is currently around 40 dollars.. it was at 80+ before that announcement. So not all publicity is good publicity.

Not buying Gillette shit def isnt helping the company lol. My examples of companies aren't really good comparisons though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Yes. Because the "boys will be boys" mentality is so ingrained in our culture. That's what needs to change.

If you're not one of those pieces of shit, why are you insulted?
    Because toxic masculinity is so ill defined. Look at all the 'bad behaviours' in that ad. Some of them I agree are bad, others I see as just normal healthy male behaviour. So it seems Gillette sees me as a toxic male because I have no issue approaching an attractive woman. I'm toxic because I wrestled with my brother when i was a kid. Well Gillette can go fuck themselves.

2.7% of the viewers liked it. 4.7% disliked it. 92.6% clearly didn't give enough of a shit to do either. Your argument is bad.
    That's a poor way of looking at it. It works exactly like a poll. You do know when poll results reveal that 40% of the country are in favour of X, it doesn't actually mean they asked the entire population to get the result. I'm sure you know this but I can't be so sure given your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Nike got a boost from anti-trump people. Nike using a subpar quarterback, crybaby who was going to be cut was a bold move. But trump being.....trump made that situation. There is some irony in nike useing that situation with them using child labor. Gillette has competition now. Something they didn't have till recently. Harrys razors are cheaper and work just as well.
    I don't think Gillette is trembling at Harry's 2% Market share.

Nike's competition is a lot more established. The names Reebok or Adidas ring a bell?