Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Well now I'm curious, what about the people who have completed their hormonal transition, have had reassignment surgery and are living normal lives?
    That's not really how it works. You don't finish your hormone therapy. You're still not physically the opposite sex after doing gender reassignment surgery. You don't produce testosterone as a woman or estrogen as a man (not in levels that are needed).so you're in it forever.

Not sure about female to male but male to female have to do daily dilation of their new vagina.

Anyone that is actually in the state of transitioning should be disqualified. If they haven't begun any treatment yet and won't until after they're done serving then they should be allowed in.

Combat Is kill or be killed and apparently a super majority of trans people choose be killed. They should he allowed in non combat roles though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Good decision. Unstable people should not have acces to guns.
    Why not? If an unstable person can have access to the nuclear launch codes- why draw a line in the sand about guns?

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Why assume it's just men transitioning to women. There are also women out there that want to become men.
    I never claimed that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    ITT gamerbros on a forum that think they know what the actual classification and psychology of being transgender is...

Gender dysphoria is the culprit of the mental illness. Treatment is HRT (hormone replacement therapy), which is to alleviate said gender dysphoria. Those who have transitioned are classified to have been "successfully treated" and are no longer afflicted by their ailment. Once the transition has taken place, they are no longer in need of supervision by a psychologist, and treatment starts at day 0. In fact, they only need to see one in order to get treatment started, for verification to a doctor for medication.

Once said trans person has transitioned, they are no longer "mentally ill", as you all like to put it. They are cured. They are normal people. I would hope that any mental illness could be cured with such success rate. If anything, it's one of the most successful treatments of mental illness to-date.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4261554/ (and this is only compiled documentation for MtF undergoing surgery and not just HRT, and not FtM)

IDGAF if it's related to the military or not, there was simply a gross amount of misconception on what being trans is in this thread, by people who have 0 experience in it. Hopefully this sheds some light in the dark corners of your minds.
    But that's just "technically" cured. If suicide rate is still 40%, is that cured? And the rate jumps higher for those in the military.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All that I know is that in the not too distant future they will be able to use painful gene therapy to actually change your sex and then this crap will all be a non issue.
    At that point, I imagine we'll also be expanding the human lifespan, curing cancer, and making genetic diseases and disorders a thing of the past.

God damn I hope that day comes while I'm still alive. Especially if it can be used to make dramatic changes to your appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    At that point, I imagine we'll also be expanding the human lifespan, curing cancer, and making genetic diseases and disorders a thing of the past.

God damn I hope that day comes while I'm still alive. Especially if it can be used to make dramatic changes to your appearance.
    They already have age reducing gene therapy being developed that will be available within the next 2 decades. It is a lot closer than we think, I believe the biggest roadblock to our genetic freedom is there is no way to simulate real time effects of changing genes.

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    Yes. People on medication for reassignment surgery and suffering the affects of gender dysphoria don’t belong in a combat zone any more than someone with autism or MS does.
    This. I don't care if you think you are normal, you are not. I say this as someone with autism. I would not want someone behind me with a loaded gun with a known mental disorder or illness.

Firstly because i have no idea if they're going to shoot themselves because their not fully working mind can't handle the stresses of war or just regular soldier life.

Secondly because i have no idea if they're going to go on a killing spree for the same reasons above.

and thirdly because I have no idea if they're going to be able to 'man up' and shoot back while under fire.

Anyone getting upset by this should probably spend 6 months deployed with only mentally ill people. Then they'll see why pretending joining the military should be a right is straight up retarded.

I also find it funny that most of the people that complain about this seem to be bleeding heart liberals - the same people that hate war of any kind and often also hate the military, too. But just like a little kid, they're fine not doing something until you tell them they can't. Then they MUST do it. Moments before? Hated it. Now that they know they can't, suddenly they want to.

Pathetic.

Most transgender persons are now disqualified from military service except:

Service members who have been stable for 3 years in their biological sex prior to joining the military -- meaning 36 months after completion of surgery and hormone treatments.

Service members diagnosed with "gender dysphoria" after joining the military can stay in the military if they don't require a change of gender and remain deployable. Gender dysphoria involves a conflict between a person's physical or assigned gender and the gender with which the person identifies, according to the American Psychiatric Association.

Service members who were diagnosed with "gender dysphoria" before the effective date of the policy can still serve and receive medical treatment.

Transgender persons without a gender dysphoria diagnosis or history can serve in their birth sex.
    Quoting this because people seem to be missing this. It's not a blanket ban on all people who are transgender, just those who could possibly create issues with medication and such.

I don't care about the gender reassignment surgeries, but I think anyone being required to need follow-up surgery, special accommodations, or a consistent flow of medication would be a liability.

People that believe in conspiracy theories should be banned from becoming commander in chief.

If an individual passes the physical and mental standards, I see nothing wrong with adding them to the military service. Nothing else should really matter other than their capability.

Having said that, I see that the SC made the legal call. Their opinion on the ban doesn't necessarily matter, that's for the Commander in Chief.

P.S. some people seem to have the notion that military is comprised entirely of a fighting force, not knowing or remembering the amount of indoor jobs within the military.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-01-22 at 06:33 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Why not? If an unstable person can have access to the nuclear launch codes- why draw a line in the sand about guns?
    If you actually believe that Trump could randomly launch a nuke with zero opposition, you're too far gone. It is absolutely meaningless that Trump has the launch codes. He couldn't fire them solo if he tried - firstly because he would be fighting through armed guards and secondly because he isn't trained to manually launch them.

This just sounds like an excuse for people to say identity based discrimination is bad when the underlying reasoning is completely unrelated. Do we really need 100 pages of people saying "People should be free to identify as what they want. Fuck Trump etc.." and ignoring any mention of bans based on illnesses requiring medication?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The next president can throw out Trump's executive orders on his first day of work, so I suspect the ban is only temporary.

The Supreme Court did the legal thing, which isn't always the right thing.
    And thats the difference between conservatives and liberals. SCOTUS is SUPPOSED to do the legal thing and not consider the "right thing based on feelings or fairness"

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They already have age reducing gene therapy being developed that will be available within the next 2 decades. It is a lot closer than we think, I believe the biggest roadblock to our genetic freedom is there is no way to simulate real time effects of changing genes.
    They're running some human trials on some anti-aging stuff currently. I just hope it hits wider trials or public use soon enough for my dad to use it. He's only in his mid-sixties but he's had lots of health issues... I'm pretty sure I'll be around a lot longer than he will, assuming I don't die in some accident, but if he can get some anti-aging treatments, I won't have to worry so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I'm not sure. Gender dysphoria is technically a mental health condition, and it is strongly correlated with depression. I can see why they might deem the likelihood of developing that a serious risk. Depression and anxiety both disqualify you, so I do understand why they might have issues with it. I don't know if it's necessarily the right decision, but I can understand their rationale.
    Not to mention perverted guys could just say they are trans and then take showers with the women to get a peek. Military barracks usually have showers where 30 people or so shower in the same place

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what happens if they lose or damage their medication? What are the side effects of missing treatment?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of when women were not allowed to volunteer for submarine duty, because reasons, or when gays were not allowed to be openly gay. Now I have plenty of friends that used to not be able to be married to be married and serving on active and reserve duty. Most are at the highest enlisted pay grade.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is something pretty fucked up when someone isn't allowed to serve as a member of the military because they might have been a male or female previously and identify as the other. Anyone who wants to fight for their country should be allowed to, regardless of colour or creed.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Gender threads arent allowed here and I'm sure this will get locked. That said, I am ok with this. There are a million lesser things that will keep you from joining the military. Also, military people arent known for how inclusive they are. It may not be right to think this way, but this will cause more trouble than its worth and will affect troop cohesiveness.
    "These people are already stupid so we should do nothing". Great attitude there, buddy.