Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they really think the game is bad they are very very stupid.

Love how it took Warmode for blizz to realize faction balance was beyond fucked. Throwing free epics at the losing side is certainly an amusing decision.

Silly question.

Why it costed 9000$, isnt the cost for faction change at 30$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You just keep repeating to prove my point "there's no game like WoW". Yes. As i said. That's why they still want to play it. That's why it's more attractive to them than let's say LoL or PoE or TESO or whatever. They obviously still love it despite their childish tantrum.
    You play TESO, LoL and PoE for different reasons compared to WoWs progression based raiding. If there was another western MMORPG with an emphasis on progression based raiding with as much polish as WoW, then I am sure Blizzard would step up their game. However, there is no game on the market for Blizzard to compete against so they just keep scrappingby because it is cheaper.

I am not going to explain the difference between a PVE raiding scene, such as WoW, compared to LoL PVP scene to you. And the completely different play style on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Plus, during Mythic progression or Mythic+ pushing, maybe you don't want to basically AFK for 4 seconds every minute and a half.
    High end guilds won't use it on CD, they'll use it intelligently. CD takes 1 1/2 minutes, but the big boss ability that knocks 50% of everyone's health happens at 2 minutes. Guess what? They're going to hold onto it, use it as soon as the ability has ended, and 1 GCD later pick up their rotation again, having gained between 25 - 50% of their health at the small sacrifice of 1 GCD's worth of burst DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Love how it took Warmode for blizz to realize faction balance was beyond fucked. Throwing free epics at the losing side is certainly an amusing decision.
    The sad thing is; even that isn't enough. Alliance has had the buff since the launch of 8.1, meaning they're still underrepresented in PvP. The only way they have a hope of fixing it is to either do away with racials or make the same racials for both factions just on different races (akin to Heroism / Bloodlust ). Then they need to incentivize the underrepresented faction even more, albeit temporarily, to get some people to hopefully switch.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2019-01-23 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    They must have a pretty weak opinion if they back it up with spending nearly ten grand on the game they claim is bad.
    Yeah, this is the thing that has people scratching their heads, they're saying one thing ("This game is bad"), and doing the other ("...and here's $9000 for services for said bad game")

10+ Year Old Account
    So you reward Blizzard with thousands of dollars and probably more indirectly when their fanboys follow them? Truly epic style pwnage there

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I think faction imbalance is currently one of the biggest failures in the game. Mostly due to racials.
    Everyone keeps saying this, no thats not the problem the reality is most people want to be the perceived bad guy. Also in a fantasy game being the most human characters is lame as it gets...why be a Human or Midget of the alliance when you can be a brute orc of the horde? Not even Nelf DH is enough to keep people interested...

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    One thing, above all, helps in saying what you think about the game: unsub. Nothing else speaks volumes like a massive amount of people unsubbing.
    That's true.

But the thing for me is: I still like the game. And I think the Limit players do too.

However, there are currently a lot of things wrong with game and it's going in a wierd direction. So I need to find a way to express that without having to unsub. What Limit did is one method. Maybe not the right one but they will definitely get Blizzards attention.

I think what people in this thread don't realise is that Limit probably really care about the game (otherwise they would probably not have spent all that money). But like me and many others, they probably feel a need to protest against the direction the game is moving.

I know I said "probably" a lot of time, but that's because I can't be 100 % certain of Limit's motives.

Quote Originally Posted by qazgosu View Post
    Silly question.

Why it costed 9000$, isnt the cost for faction change at 30$ ?
    Because it's not a singular person who is faction chaning, but the whole guild? Also every pro raider has at the bare minimum of 3 currently played characters and a few for occasional class change due to balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I think what people in this thread don't realise is that Limit probably really care about the game (otherwise they would probably not have spent all that money). But like me and many others, they probably feel a need to protest against the direction the game is moving.
    I have a feeling many of them make their livings playing WoW and streaming it on Twitch, which probably also contributes to them sticking around. Can't exactly protest with your wallet and unsub when the game itself is what puts money into your wallet in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Everyone keeps saying this, no thats not the problem the reality is most people want to be the perceived bad guy. Also in a fantasy game being the most human characters is lame as it gets...why be a Human or Midget of the alliance when you can be a brute orc of the horde? Not even Nelf DH is enough to keep people interested...
    Horde racials are better though. It is a reason the top guilds are horde and swap when racials get buffed/nerfed. The 1% extra might be the differenct between World First and World Second.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Amount of players literally has nothing to do with War Mode imbalance. There are even more alliance players than horde players on US servers.

This is actually really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Because it's not a singular person who is faction chaning, but the whole guild? Also every pro raider has at the bare minimum of 3 currently played characters and a few for occasional class change due to balancing.
    9000/30=300, so if it really cost them 9000$ they had a total of 300 toons they transfered. Seems a bit over the top? But I honestly don't know how many they got, so it might be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Activision right now

for real

no such thing as bad publicity

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    9000/30=300, so if it really cost them 9000$ they had a total of 300 toons they transfered. Seems a bit over the top? But I honestly don't know how many they got, so it might be true.
    300 alts is not that big of a number for a guild that competes in world first race. I would say it's pretty low even.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The sad thing is; even that isn't enough. Alliance has had the buff since the launch of 8.1, meaning they're still underrepresented in PvP.
    True.

I may be remembering incorrectly but I think 30% is the most the buff can be and it lasts for a week. If enough Horde turn off warmode then the buff will drop down to 25% and continue to decrement by 5% each week there is less Horde in warmode until the Horde start to get the buff and it will increase by 5% until it reaches 30% for Horde.

So unless I'm mistaken in the mechanics of the buff then that means the Alliance is not much better off now than they were before they got the buff. Or maybe they are but the math for the mechanic has too big of a gap for it to change ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

This comes back to the point: If you want to make an actual impact, stop playing. Spending money on the product to 'prove a point' seems so backwards. literally WAT r u doing

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjokes View Post
    for real

no such thing as bad publicity
    Tell that to Electronic Arts or Bethesda recently.