Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    seems so, but i would test it, tho. You did not read the blue post explaining it in full detail?

however, if something still got unbalanced like deadshot, blizz can still hotfixnerf it in addition to the 50% overall nerf.

So, in your own very interest, you should pray for the lazyness of pvp devs and stop complaining!
    You are right, this is absolutely Blizzard being lazy.
    Just like in Cataclysm when they prevented people from using hybrid talent trees.

This is just a change to save resources and time in balancing the game.

I love customization...its the thing i love the most in RPG's.
    And to see ALL customization being nerfed 50% destroys my heart

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You are right, this is absolutely Blizzard being lazy.
    Just like in Cataclysm when they prevented people from using hybrid talent trees.

This is just a change to save resources and time in balancing the game.

I love customization...its the thing i love the most in RPG's.
    And to see ALL customization being nerfed 50% destroys my heart
    my heart was allready destroyed with legions and bfas pvp scaling at times you could go almost naked and still do too much stupid dmg. Does not really add to the immersion of a rpg.

I will never understand why blizz thinks people nowdays are not even able to get some basic gear to be a bit competitive in pvp, it somewhat basic to do in a gear driven game like wow, but i guess it all started with legion allready, with the remove of pvp vendors and honor gear and strict class spec design. Stuff like all poisons moved to assassin only, or all selfheals moved to blood dks only etc. kinda broke the game allready for me.

Since that day, pvp enjoyment and participiton on average, almost is dead in comparassion to what it once was - it was still quite alive in wod, the so called worst expansion everrrrr11111

While in fact it was one of the best pvp expansions, just slightly behind TBC/MoP, due to stupid ability prunings.

But good news for you, rogue is a fully availible class in classic, i think you should check out classic when it wents life?

Do not take pvp serious in the new era of wow, that would be pointless, except you are pushing for glad/hero, but you don't, you are one of many that want to get more powerful, because its a rpg and just have some fun. I thinkt that is how a game is intended.

I just hope for bfa, devs will put more work into warmode, like giving it some more quest, the daily pvp faction quests are a start, but i want more and i want it more unregulated, there is still too much scaling for my taste, what removes the incentive to push hard for better gear, greatly.

These are all the results of taking arenas and esports all too seriously. Arenas are fun, but should not determine every pvp aspect in the game.

Arenas should be handled like in TBC, when it was a new feature and stay as such.

Slightly Offtopic:

Btw, Breath of Fire IV was my favorite game in the series. Fou-lu was quite overpowered and felt great to play and follow. But i got the feeling the game was rushed in the end, with some unanswered questions left.

This change wlll expose the classes which are most dependent on azerite traits to function. Until further adjustments come, some classes are going to have a harder time than others.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Btw, Breath of Fire IV was my favorite game in the series. Fou-lu was quite overpowered and felt great to play and follow. But i got the feeling the game was rushed in the end, with some unanswered questions left.
    Yeah, one of my favorite games of all time.
    Glad to see i have a brother

10+ Year Old Account
    But every single trait?
    Without any kind of human consideration if is overpowered or not.

Just BAM 50% to all!
    Better than getting one shot for a week or two i say.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    But every single trait?
    Without any kind of human consideration if is overpowered or not.

Just BAM 50% to all!
    It's almost as if subtle and nuanced approaches weren't Blizzard's strong point.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's almost as if subtle and nuanced approaches weren't Blizzard's strong point.
    Blizzard literally said "fuck it, we dont have time to balance all this crap...BAM...50% nerf to EVERYTHING...bitches"

Its the exact same thing that happened in Cataclysm with the talent trees.
    "Oh we dont have time for this RPG crap...BAM"

They used the same gun and everything so i can trace the murder to Blizzard on this one.

Me, yes
    Play another PvP game. If your desire is competition and you honestly find competing with opponents fun (something which I certainly did back in Cata PvP as a Priest), then there are so many games to choose from:
    1. League of Legends, the best or 2nd best MOBA out there and quite frankly, it is VERY fun for newcomers as there are 130+ champions in the game
    2. DotA 2, the best or 2nd best MOBA out there and one of the hardest games to master
    3. Overwatch, shit all you want on this, but if Blizzard did not have this shiny jewel on the front, they'd be toast with all their other IPs
    4. Counter Strike: Global Offensive, the granddaddy of team FPS games
    5. Fortnite, if you're from the US, chances are, all your friends are playing it (it's not that big in Europe)
    6. Starcraft 2, the hardest esport out there, whenever you lose a game, just remember, it is entirely your fault and that's why it's so awesome
    7. Warcraft 3, watch some Grubby clips - it's an amazing game that still holds its competition
    8. Starcraft: Brood War Remastered, along with Starcraft 2, the hardest game to play perfectly - and the same applies to this game

And these are only mainstream titles - why you are still demanding justice and "balance" in World of Warcraft, when it has been infamous for almost never achieving perfect balance in PvP (besides last season in MoP and Season 10 in Cataclysm) is beyond me. This game never was and never will be a PvP game. If they just stopped caring for PvP overall, they wouldn't lose much on that front.

Apologies for coming off as a naysayer, but it's a reality check players need - if you are striving for competition and fair gameplay, play either of these 8 games or some other games you find, just don't expect that in World of Warcraft, especially not with the disaster the BfA has proven to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ymn View Post
    Play another PvP game. If your desire is competition and you honestly find competing with opponents fun (something which I certainly did back in Cata PvP as a Priest), then there are so many games to choose from:
    1. League of Legends, the best or 2nd best MOBA out there and quite frankly, it is VERY fun for newcomers as there are 130+ champions in the game
    2. DotA 2, the best or 2nd best MOBA out there and one of the hardest games to master
    3. Overwatch, shit all you want on this, but if Blizzard did not have this shiny jewel on the front, they'd be toast with all their other IPs
    4. Counter Strike: Global Offensive, the granddaddy of team FPS games
    5. Fortnite, if you're from the US, chances are, all your friends are playing it (it's not that big in Europe)
    6. Starcraft 2, the hardest esport out there, whenever you lose a game, just remember, it is entirely your fault and that's why it's so awesome
    7. Warcraft 3, watch some Grubby clips - it's an amazing game that still holds its competition
    8. Starcraft: Brood War Remastered, along with Starcraft 2, the hardest game to play perfectly - and the same applies to this game

And these are only mainstream titles - why you are still demanding justice and "balance" in World of Warcraft, when it has been infamous for almost never achieving perfect balance in PvP (besides last season in MoP and Season 10 in Cataclysm) is beyond me. This game never was and never will be a PvP game. If they just stopped caring for PvP overall, they wouldn't lose much on that front.

Apologies for coming off as a naysayer, but it's a reality check players need - if you are striving for competition and fair gameplay, play either of these 8 games or some other games you find, just don't expect that in World of Warcraft, especially not with the disaster the BfA has proven to be.
    Wait...what?
    Sorry for disagreeing with you, you are only trying to help, but there is just so many things wrong with your post

Your solution is to stop doing PvP altogether? And that no one would notice if WoW didnt have any PvP?

And then to finish me off, your number one recommended game is League of Legends?

I like PvP in all MMO's i play.
    In fact, i would never play a MMO without PvP. There is just no point.
    If i want true competition i would just play one of the many fighting games i have...and i will also buy Jump Force next month.

What you are offering me is no solution :S

Wait...what?
    Sorry for disagreeing with you, you are only trying to help, but there is just so many things wrong with your post

Your solution is to stop doing PvP altogether? And that no one would notice if WoW didnt have any PvP?

And then to finish me off, your number one recommended game is League of Legends?

I like PvP in all MMO's i play.
    In fact, i would never play a MMO without PvP. There is just no point.
    If i want true competition i would just play one of the many fighting games i have...and i will also buy Jump Force next month.

What you are offering me is no solution :S
    The guy probably does not play wow or pvp at all as all is wrong what he said, when it comes to modern wow(legion+)

The game is no longer about balance, actually there is too much balance allready, too much hotfixes of azerite traits in pvp in the past, now with that flat - 50%, its at least more transparent to follow.

If, you care to look through the hotfixes of azerite traits before that flat -50% change you will notice that this change had been allready done to all the selfheal azerite traits, like azerite veins and similar, the inner ring traits.

What blizzard is doing differently to the old wow system is, they balance too much at 3vs3 arena bracket and don't care about anything else. In TBC for example 3vs3 balance was not that much of an concern for blizz.

PvP partipation in TBC was at an all time high, and, if the devs do not see what they are doing wrong, it can't be helped.

For instance they need to accept that their legion pvp design that still dragged into BfA, has failed.

No one cares about honor anymore and random bgs are avoided.(by alliance at least) participition and enjoyment is on an all time low here.

There are simply no rewards worth enough to commit so much time to an AV nowdays lasting for 1-2 hours. Not with a system without vendors for honor gear.

On the other side RBGS are kinda dead.

It makes me wonder because this segment of pvp, the bgs, are the core of faction pvp, and BfA is the faction expansion.....blizz quickly need to focus on important things, other than arena, since arena is not faction pvp.

So my suggestion would be to improve vastly bgs and rbgs rewards and participation, while this addon is still in progress and advised as faction addon(albeit not really pvp faction addon, as proven by pve warfronts)

lastly, pvp scaling and azerite nerfs needs to be removed completely and resilence system back as it was the much better system wow had so far. Changing different systems just for pvp like azerite or gear scalings independently is just too difficult to monitor and weird.

Who did know all the pvp templates and abilities nerfs back in legion?

templates were never removed in bfa, just stat templates, ability templates and azerite templates were still in place.

Gear is pure RNG nonsense, honor worthnothing.

Why have such systems over resilence and pvp vendors?

Actually BfA is only about warmode now and the faction incursions anything else is crap for most players playing wow right now and can't be bothered. Either by old design, lack of participation, or lack of rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, i even get an ilvl400 gear piece as alliance for 25 kills in warmode done in some minutes...while i get absolutely nothing for an AV 40vs40 lasting for over 1 hour. Maybe i get a box with fish in the best case scenario....even arena rewards are capped to ilvl 385 in the first s2 week...

The guy probably does not play wow or pvp at all as all is wrong what he said, when it comes to modern wow(legion+)

The game is no longer about balance, actually there is too much balance allready, too much hotfixes of azerite traits in pvp in the past, now with that flat - 50%, its at least more transparent to follow.

If, you care to look through the hotfixes of azerite traits before that flat -50% change you will notice that this change had been allready done to all the selfheal azerite traits, like azerite veins and similar, the inner ring traits.

What blizzard is doing differently to the old wow system is, they balance too much at 3vs3 arena bracket and don't care about anything else. In TBC for example 3vs3 balance was not that much of an concern for blizz.

PvP partipation in TBC was at an all time high, and, if the devs do not see what they are doing wrong, it can't be helped.

For instance they need to accept that their legion pvp design that still dragged into BfA, has failed.

No one cares about honor anymore and random bgs are avoided.(by alliance at least) participition and enjoyment is on an all time low here.

There are simply no rewards worth enough to commit so much time to an AV nowdays lasting for 1-2 hours. Not with a system without vendors for honor gear.

On the other side RBGS are kinda dead.

It makes me wonder because this segment of pvp, the bgs, are the core of faction pvp, and BfA is the faction expansion.....blizz quickly need to focus on important things, other than arena, since arena is not faction pvp.

So my suggestion would be to improve vastly bgs and rbgs rewards and participation, while this addon is still in progress and advised as faction addon(albeit not really pvp faction addon, as proven by pve warfronts)

lastly, pvp scaling and azerite nerfs needs to be removed completely and resilence system back as it was the much better system wow had so far. Changing different systems just for pvp like azerite or gear scalings independently is just too difficult to monitor and weird.

Who did know all the pvp templates and abilities nerfs back in legion?

templates were never removed in bfa, just stat templates, ability templates and azerite templates were still in place.

Gear is pure RNG nonsense, honor worthnothing.

Why have such systems over resilence and pvp vendors?

Actually BfA is only about warmode now and the faction incursions anything else is crap for most players playing wow right now and can't be bothered. Either by old design, lack of participation, or lack of rewards.
    I agree with everything you said...

The only positive thing about this nerf is that now a new player knows how all azerite traits work in pvp without having to follow all the previous nerfs blizzard did.

And all your other points are also true.
    Like random BG's not being rewarding...because in Blizzard's eyes the "honor system" is a success...even though it sucks (for me at least, and pvp is all i do)

Resilence gear and pvp vendors should come back. Entirely TRUE.

/////////////////////////

Now my personal feelings about this change
    Its fucking breaking my heart man i am so sad

The one and only good thing about this is azerite traits that were previously nerfed by 50%+ are now buffed or remain the same.

But i did Arenas yesterday and my dear Battlefield Precision pieces were doing shit damage...and my Heed my Call also.
    My DPS was in the shitter.

This change only makes me feel like Blizzard doesnt give a damm about PvP...and that is not worth the trouble of balancing the game around it im so sad

Customization is a big thing for me...and obviously the azerite traits now are not going to be balanced to be effective in PvP

All is going to happen is that now the Azerite system doesnt mean shit in PvP and is only going to increase your damage by 5-10% max

They made the entire azerite system pointless for PvP IMO...i hope im proven wrong

Whole azerite system is a joke that should have never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I used to love the azerite system.
    You have no idea how many hours i have put into this game just because of the azerite system.
    I farmed...i farmed them all. I loved them. I love customization.

But now?

Im so depressed

And here is the thing:
    Do you think now Blizzard will create azerite traits with PvP in mind? Ofcourse not.

And even if they did it with PvP in mind...the azerite trait would need to be 50% stronger on PvE to be optimal in PvP...
    They would need to make azerite traits in PvE completely overpowered to make them optimal in PvP

THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Now PvP Azerites are an afterthought of the game.

Again....im so sad

This is so funny. In 8.2 all of the Azerite traits will be disabled because the system is just sh*t. This is just the first step to get rid of it before the expansion is over.

The first expansion feature that totally failed, I am curious to see when they get rid of IE and Warfronts.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is so funny. In 8.2 all of the Azerite traits will be disabled because the system is just sh*t. This is just the first step to get rid of it before the expansion is over.
    Are you sure about that?

I heard that azerites will remain and what is going away is the AP requirements to unlock the azerites.
    In 8.2 you will be able to unlock all azerite traits without having to level AP.

Am i wrong and azerites are going away? That cant be true.

Are you sure about that?

I heard that azerites will remain and what is going away is the AP requirements to unlock the azerites.
    In 8.2 you will be able to unlock all azerite traits without having to level AP.

That's nothing official, it's just my personal expectation regarding this failed system (it failed in alpha, beta and it's failing on live servers - no way they are going to keep it going).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Agreed, they should have left the old school system, your gear and weapon and whatever stats they have, with enchant, food, and potion buffs. That was the closest they were to having balance, your grind for better gear was more rewarding and gave you a REASON to take a Profession, like enchant or pot maker.

I agree with everything you said...

The only positive thing about this nerf is that now a new player knows how all azerite traits work in pvp without having to follow all the previous nerfs blizzard did.

And all your other points are also true.
    Like random BG's not being rewarding...because in Blizzard's eyes the "honor system" is a success...even though it sucks (for me at least, and pvp is all i do)

Resilence gear and pvp vendors should come back. Entirely TRUE.

/////////////////////////

Now my personal feelings about this change
    Its fucking breaking my heart man i am so sad

The one and only good thing about this is azerite traits that were previously nerfed by 50%+ are now buffed or remain the same.

But i did Arenas yesterday and my dear Battlefield Precision pieces were doing shit damage...and my Heed my Call also.
    My DPS was in the shitter.

This change only makes me feel like Blizzard doesnt give a damm about PvP...and that is not worth the trouble of balancing the game around it im so sad

Customization is a big thing for me...and obviously the azerite traits now are not going to be balanced to be effective in PvP

All is going to happen is that now the Azerite system doesnt mean shit in PvP and is only going to increase your damage by 5-10% max

They made the entire azerite system pointless for PvP IMO...i hope im proven wrong
    Had no chance to login and test azerite traits yet in the arena after the hotfix, is it that bad?

On the other side, i switched from my rogue main to demon hunter cause i was bored and wanted to explore the enemy who breaks my stealth, and i bet i probably won't complain here, as its one of the classes not so dependent on azerite traits. But an outlaw rogue certainly is with stuff like snake eyes and dead shot.

I recommend to switch to another class or just play assassin.

Blizz is very stubborn and this will last a while until they change pvp systems again, they also like to test their changes on the communities for a while. Since Beta was never a thing for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure about that?

devs might do a talenttree with that necklace, similar to legion artefacts, but we will see.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2019-01-24 at 08:10 PM.

The azerite gear system itself is a failure.

Had no chance to login and test azerite traits yet in the arena after the hotfix, is it that bad?

On the other side, i switched from my rogue main to demon hunter cause i was bored and wanted to explore the enemy who breaks my stealth, and i bet i probably won't complain here, as its one of the classes not so dependent on azerite traits. But an outlaw rogue certainly is with stuff like snake eyes and dead shot.

I recommend to switch to another class or just play assassin.

Blizz is very stubborn and this will last a while until they change pvp systems again, they also like to test their changes on the communities for a while. Since Beta was never a thing for them.

- - - Updated - - -

devs might do a talenttree with that necklace, similar to legion artefacts, but we will see.
    Yes, it was bad...my DPS decreased A LOT.
    I hope its the same for other classes...but if there is classes out there who dont rely on Azerites whatsoever....they are lucky now.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a list of all azerite traits that got nerfed in the past
    This are the only ones where we wont notice much difference with the nerf.

The rest?
    All other traits nerfed and possible future traits also nerfed.
    This is a nightmare for me T_T

Arcane Pressure (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Galvanizing Spark (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 25% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Meridian Strikes (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 60% when when engaged in combat with enemy players

Sharpened Blades (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 65% when when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Deadshot (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 45% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Lord of War (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 40% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Executioner's Precision (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 35% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Test of Might (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Last Surprise (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 35% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Raking Ferocity (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Grove Tending (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 25% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Latent Poison (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Surging Tides (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 25% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Lava Shock (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 35% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Lord of War (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 55% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 40%).

Fan of Blades effectiveness reduced by 75% when engaged in combat with enemy players.