Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and whose fault it is ?

is it horde fault that allience refuse to participare in WM to the point that lead game designer thats to push out X % of horde from WM artificially ?
    i guess you could say that its blizzard fault.. for not being able to deal with faction imbalance(though i think faction imbalance, at least the amount of players each faction has is greatly exaggerated) and then implementing a world pvp system that will give players relatively big bonus for playing with it turned on

i knew warmode is going to be a failure.. it will never be balanced, and definitely giving one faction more shit isnt gonna solve anything

Everyone on Horde should take off warmode until we become underdogs so we get the 400 ilv armor. Alliance and Horde could agree to switch off every other week?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

"The extra rewards were meant to encourage more Alliance to participate but also to make Horde who did not like PvP to turn it off."
    Yes, because the Alliance are the underdogs in Warmode and suddenly they come in force, and Horde can't handle it?

No, they play in force so they have a chance for upper hand finally.
    a) i meant what felplague said proving my words
    b)you know its the biggest bs ever - they only do it for 400 itlv loot and turning it off.

Quote Originally Posted by rsf316 View Post
    Welcome to 8.0 and beginning of 8.1 for the Alliance. Enjoy the train getting ran.
    there is a big difference actually.. horde and alliance both had 10% buff, so if you say that horde dominated then it means horde had 10% advantage(though again alliance players could still complete shit with wm on, just would take a bit more time perhaps), but now alliance always has an advantage.. if horde turns wm off they have 30% advantage and if horde turns it on they still have 20% advantage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What’s funny is Horde did it for PvP, Alli had to be bribed, after bitching and moaning, to do something they’ve always been capable of. They just never did.
    Horde did it because it was piss-easy to farm allies, not because they were looking for balanced WPvP. If there was actual faction balance a point might be able to be made, but as long as there exists the kind of faction imbalance that we currently see Warmode will always be one-faction dominated.

It's the exact same kind of situation that used to exist with twinks. There were two groups of people who had fun playing in twink BGs - twink players who liked to fight other twinks, and twink players who liked to steamroll non-twinks. There was one predominant group of players who did not have fun in twink BGs - non-twinks playing against twinks. That's the reason for the change in brackets and the general gutting of twinking - it ruined the experience for non-twink players who wanted to engage in balanced PvP.

Queuing into a twink BG bracket as a non-twink because you want to do some casual balanced PvP is the exact same as turning on Warmode as an Alliance (now Horde) player to do some casual balanced WPvP. The reality is that you don't get balanced PvP, and you will never get balanced WPvP - because getting steamrolled causes most players to just want to toggle WM off (ie: stop queuing into 19/29/39 twink brackets), while doing the steamrolling causes most players to want to do it more and attracts more of those players (ie: the twink population suffering a huge decrease as soon as they could only play against other twinks).

It's human nature to want to be on the dominant side, and when it's as easy as simply hitting a switch when the going gets tough, well, it's also human nature to do that. At the end of the day people want to play the game to have fun, and faction imbalance inherently causes Warmode to be, (for the vast majority of people), fun for either one side or the other, but never both at the same time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Everyone on Horde should take off warmode until we become underdogs so we get the 400 ilv armor. Alliance and Horde could agree to switch off every other week?
    Impossible, the horde has at least 5% more active people than the alliance and probably some of those % are horde players playing with their alliance alt, we will need the 80% of the entire faction to turn warmode off, that is very hard to accomplish
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    b)you know its the biggest bs ever - they only do it for 400 itlv loot and turning it off.
    If everyone only did it just to get their 400 ilvl item it would have swapped back already. Allies are still doing it because it's fun to steamroll other players like they're just mobs in Diablo 3.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Big part of the problem is the CRZ where it often causes zergs ganking and not actual combat.

I mean it would work. If Horde characters toggled off war mode en masse the 30% boost to the alliance would go away and I'm pretty sure they'd get the bonus quest for the armor piece instead.

Genius! Be cowards! Lok'tar ogar is overrated! For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    If everyone only did it just to get their 400 ilvl item it would have swapped back already. Allies are still doing it because it's fun to steamroll other players like they're just mobs in Diablo 3.
    you still belive its automated system ? even after they confired next week it will be itlv 385 and 25% resource bonus 30 minutes ago ?

The Hordies making these threads are the biggest hypocrits in the history of the world. It was totally ok when it was the other way around but now it's some capital crime.

Someone really should make "Just turn WM off then" or a "If it's red it's dead" memes for these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean it would work. If Horde characters toggled off war mode en masse the 30% boost to the alliance would go away and I'm pretty sure they'd get the bonus quest for the armor piece instead.

Genius! Be cowards! Lok'tar ogar is overrated! For the Horde!
    someone just reminded similiar fiasco from few years ago

anyone still remembers : " we dont want people to play demonology warlocks " ?

same principle different methods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    if enough horde turn their warmode off Alliance will lose their bonus

i dont see a problem here
    and they will get it back next week

because guess what will happen the moment allience dont have gear from that quest and dont farm flightpaths like crazy for gear ?

whole horde turns WM ON again

and we are back to square one.

i will repeat again - nobody on horde is scared of pvp or complains about real pvp - people just refuse to being farmed on flightpaths.

and nobody should be farmed like this - neither allience nor horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    a) i meant what felplague said proving my words
    Still, it is a goal, and they gathered around it, opposing the Horde forces - who's still managing to run ganksquad even though Alliance comes in a little more numbers. As well, I've been active on Warmode since day one, and this is the most actual PvP I've seen in a while, it got better with 8.1, and now with this little short moment of glory, I've seen two HUGE Alliance and Horde raid groups duke it out..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Just take a step back from whatever faction you roleplay to be and look at this system.

It's objectively bad. The reward has now become so good that it actively rewards unhealthy gameplay. Is that really something you want to cheer at?

All that was needed was the buff itself being tweaked between 10 and 30%.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    Turn off your warmode and do not feed the alliance! Starve them to death, and let them come to forums and qq why there is no horde on WPVP.
    In other words; Do exactly like Horde! "For the Horde!" alright

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'm playing even more Warmode since 8.1, because Alliance is finally able to stand against the Horde zerg.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Today QA already said they are tuning down the reward next week. They even say IF it's up, the gear will be 385, which is a little bit more fair. They also opened the door to decrease the bonus if the ratio is lower.

400 gear was a good way to rebalance the faction to no longer be 66% / 33% in both Mythic+ and Raid. I hope they will found a better way to fix this issue.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Turn off your warmode and do not feed the alliance! Starve them to death, and let them come to forums and qq why there is no horde on WPVP.
    In other words; Do exactly like Horde! "For the Horde!" alright
    Horde did that in the start of Warmode *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Still, it is a goal, and they gathered around it, opposing the Horde forces - who's still managing to run ganksquad even though Alliance comes in a little more numbers. As well, I've been active on Warmode since day one, and this is the most actual PvP I've seen in a while, it got better with 8.1, and now with this little short moment of glory, I've seen two HUGE Alliance and Horde raid groups duke it out..
    which is my point

give horde reason too

and then see who is in there really for pvp

what would be bad about it ?

but you know - you know deep down that the moment horde would get gear as reward for participation in WM all allience instnatly turns it off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Today QA already said they are tuning down the reward next week. They even say IF it's up, the gear will be 385, which is a little bit more fair. They also opened the door to decrease the bonus if the ratio is lower.

400 gear was a good way to rebalance the faction to no longer be 66% / 33% in both Mythic+ and Raid. I hope they will found a better way to fix this issue.
    Well, the buff is believed to be going to 20/25%, as well, they did say 400 ilvl was overkill but too late now.