Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard need to look at EQ2 which I played for 1st 10 year when it was released that is a great crafting system.

We need to get some questlines that are fun and raise or skills!

We should be able harvest any resources once we enabled the skill and carrin the appropriate tools!

Get rid of rng and the skill ranks as they make doing professions as they make the profession not fun.

Maybe get tables for each profession so you need to go to the area with the tables to make items and have a way like the blacksmith anvil to be able to do things on the road!

A long ass time ago professions used to be the only way to obtain relevant gear for certain levels.
    I recall farming those deviate hides in Wailing caverns on my druid (or was it rogue) to make some fancy leather items because the ones i had were like white quality xD
    Or the fancy cloth from satyrs in desolate because my tailor needed to make some robes that were a massive upgrade to my alts.

Overall blizzard has this problem as if they can not understand the concept - for something to have a meaningful purpose its absence has to be noticeable.
    For professions to truly be useful and matter they need to really have important and meaningful products without which you just can't do as optimally well.

Same goes for other concepts such as Class Design...
    You are supposed to be both excited your current class has some unique utility/capability and at the same time miss the utility/capability of other classes.
    If no class has any noticeable or significant unique utility/capability then frankly you will barely notice the difference when you change classes or who is your party composed of.

Back during vanilla and TBC it was awesome having a class in your party that will remove a nasty debuff or aid in some other way against a powerful enemy/mechanic.
    For example having a Shaman meant their totems can redirect nasty spells, aoe taunt adds that aggroed on the healer, purge enemy buffs, remove debuffs with cleaning totem etc etc.
    And most classes had some such utility to help out their party in their own way - and it wasn't REQUIRED to finish the dungeon.
    It just made it so that you were really glad when you had a good counter to a dungeon mechanic, but even if you did not it was not the end of the world.

Professions need to matter to everyone in some meaningful and important way.

The casual altoholic who just levels alts, the dedicated pvp player, the occasional lfr/normal raider, the zealous heroic/mythic raider - and even the pet battle/mount/achiev collector.
    It should not be game breaking if you lack a profession (or dont buy its products) but it should definitely matter and be noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    It pains me to say it but the gear crafting professions--Blacksmith, Leatherworking and Tailoring--haven't felt useful, let alone relevant since Wrath. Most roll the three gathering professions--Mining, Herbalism and Skinning--to make money off the AH. The removal of the Glyphs tab prettymuch killed Inscription. Alchemy and Engineering have felt stagnant since MoP. Jewelcrafting will always be Jewelcrafting as will Enchanting, Fishing, Cooking and Archeology. First Aid was removed in BFA so...yeah.

The catch up mechanics introduced in MoP was a good idea and it's a shame Legion ended that. I feel it's safe to say the Skill Ranks idea is a failure at this point.

Every profession needs a massive overhaul. There is no reason for crafted gear to be rendered obsolete at any point in an expansion while it's current. Alchemy needs more going for it than just Pots, Elxirs and Flasks. There is limitless potential in Engineering if Blizzard gave a damn. Don't even get me started with Blacksmithing, Tailoring and Leatherworking. They gave up on First Aid back in Wrath so...yeah. So much wasted potential.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Blizzard could have easily added professions to the modern gear treadmill. They have chosen not to do this.

IMO, Blizzard does not view this feature of WoW to be worthy of their attention. Time is money, and the developers spend their time elsewhere.

We can thank the playerbase who bitched and moaned about having to do so much just to maximize the use of new gear. That took out nearly all of the combat-related item enhancements. The same moaning also took out the reforging system because players complained they had to actually put in some effort to tweak their gear to its best configuration.

They really do need to make all professions have some solid value again to flesh the game out. Return to the state where nearly every piece of gear had enhancements that contributed directly to combat success. Then bring back in the system that was in WoD that let you enhance the gear that is crafted to keep it meaningful. Sure you can craft 385 gear but that mountain is a very high one and the relevance of the gear by the time you gather the mats eliminates it from serious contention. Use that step system to allow players to improve their itemization through crafting profs. It creates synergies throughout the entire game. For the item enhancements, they could cap the number that can be made to be competitive with only heroic gear to appease the mythic elitists. Then when the next tier comes out, either introduce new crafted gear or simply permit the previously-crafted gear to have a new cap which then doesn't require new artifacts be added to the game.

There is plenty of opportunity, Blizz just doesn't avail themselves of it.

I just want them to bring back actually having to work to craft stuff from the profession so shit is profitable again.

...And profession perks.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The main problem is that only Alchemy has an essential disposable use item in Flasks. The one who comes closest is Enchanting however that stops at some point and the far after those two comes Inscription with its contracts.

10+ Year Old Account
    They used to present unique items that were hard to craft and actually be used for a while...but now all they craft is items that are easily replaced.

Engineer used to make some fun and usable toys...now all the mostly make are goggles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Titanforging should've been something that you achieve through a profession or currency. Having it just be a random effect that happens tells you everything you need to know about this game.

The systems are mostly devoid of creativity and fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakecanada View Post
    What kind of team do they have at Blizzard? Do they ever think to themselves, I wonder if we should change professions entirely?

Should professions be just to make money? Or to give the player base what they love about Diablo and POE -- Gear and strength!!

Bring back sockets, bring back enchants on everything! Bring back making cool armor that takes weeks to make and you can compare it to Mythic plus plus!

Bring back having to get mats from all xpacs and you have to fly all over the world to get the stuff.

Bring back patches for the pants that make you tougher, bring back spikes for sheilds, Have some new and cool ideas that make people go WOW

The feeling you got when you heard they were gonna make DIABLO 1 gear again in Diablo 2

Boom

Aok

So you mean like these?
    also you didnt need mats from "all expacs" what the fuck you talking about? can you show me a single expansion that used crafting mats from another expansion?
    also
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=289642/...ms-patch-8-1-5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    They used to present unique items that were hard to craft and actually be used for a while...but now all they craft is items that are easily replaced.

Engineer used to make some fun and usable toys...now all the mostly make are goggles.
    You mean the goggles that are as good as mythic gear?
    or the enchants like the infinite glider?
    or what about the battle rez?
    or the portable stable
    or portable transmog?
    or 50% mount spered increase?
    or "immune to annoyances"
    or the gunship?
    My gnomish army knife allowing me to defib people, and keep all my crafting/gathering tools in 1 slot!
    what about the mecha mogul?
    what about the guns and maces it makes?
    weapon enchants for bows, guns, and crossbows that are always decent price.
    follower equipment
    and engineering unique stuff like the gravity well, the loot-A-Rang which is fucking AMAZING

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    The main problem is that only Alchemy has an essential disposable use item in Flasks. The one who comes closest is Enchanting however that stops at some point and the far after those two comes Inscription with its contracts.
    Engineers aswell with ranged enchants, follower equipment, and consumeables for utility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I just want them to bring back actually having to work to craft stuff from the profession so shit is profitable again.

...And profession perks.
    so liek mecha mogul?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Blizzard could have easily added professions to the modern gear treadmill. They have chosen not to do this.

IMO, Blizzard does not view this feature of WoW to be worthy of their attention. Time is money, and the developers spend their time elsewhere.
    I mean it is on the modern gear treadmill, have you seen the new crafted gear? its mythic level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    I miss the day you had bis gear from professions, now is just more rng into the rng grindfest :C

You know what could be cool? Professions specials transmo sets
    I mean there is, the engineering helms are engineers only.
    also the goggles atleast since they are azerite have 0 RNG, and they are BIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    They should use professions to fill in the blanks instead of stuff like a residuum vendor. That darn head slot Azerite piece just wont drop? Okay, we’ll craft it then.

As it stands, you can spend hundreds of thousands of gold crafting a piece of gear that is obsolete from one 5 second world quest, or even a normal dungeon. They cost to make things drastically out paces the created items, unless it’s enchanting, alchemy etc. in which case you’re paying an “I’m a raider” premium.
    I mean... You can craft your head slot, do you play engineer?
    also love your avatar, so excited for the game, i love subnut.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-01-25 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Good thing FelPlague is here to personally dismiss all of your concerns. They mean nothing!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, from back when professions mattered Because really there are only two ways to let professions craft good gear without crowding out raid gear:

a) require raid materials, which means that professions are then only a secondary activity for raiders
    b) timegate the reagents (with a daily crafting cooldown or heck, a daily world quest).
    Hey idk about yall but im loving the 390 helm i crafted, and soon the 405 helm i will be crafting... then eventually 420.. mmmm....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Good thing FelPlague is here to personally dismiss all of your concerns. They mean nothing!
    I mean im just pointing out yall are literally wrong... you can craft mythic level gear, there is still profession flavor, there is tons going on, and idk the literal entire thing in 8.1.5 where every profession gets a legendary tool?

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno how you can be wrong about having an emotion or how you can be wrong for disliking something, but okay there buddy.

You enjoy yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Professions failed the moment they made them no longer necessary, aka relevant, when they removed their perks.

Should add TFing has completely made gearing off professions pointless beyond getting the entry ilvl requirement for new capped chars.

TF'ing... what a loathsome system.
    I still love to be an engineer, infinite use glider, Loot-A-Rang allowing me to loot from ranged (and as a warlock that is great)
    Gnomish army knife for chance at a rez
    my sweet sweet goggles... mmm with custom azerite traits that are super unique and cool.
    gravity well
    mecha mogul...
    and soon the UB3R Spanner!

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno how you can be wrong about having an emotion or how you can be wrong for disliking something, but okay there buddy.

You enjoy yourself.
    I never said your feelings are wrong... Just that pointing out that "I wish you could make mythic level gear now, but since you cant its shit" is wrong... cause you can make mythic level gear... so maybe differentiate your feelings, and claims?

you feel like you cant make mythic level gear... even though you can... so cool, feel whatever you want... still wrong though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read any of your posts, I don't care. Continue with your job of pointing things out, no one cares lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read any of your posts, I don't care. Continue with your job of pointing things out, no one cares lol.
    So why did you respond to me in the first place without even reading what I have to say?
    Sounds pretty uhh... How do I put it?
    -Redacted-
    Almost seems like how flat earthers and anti-vaxxers act
    "I dont care what you say, i want to be right, i feel like this is right, so it is!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    When you design the game's progression around raiding, don't be surprised when methods of progression that don't totally involve raiding aren't viable. It was a big moment when dungeons became viable again.
    Yeah i do hope we see professions kick up abit, but right now i am pretty fine with my 390 soon to be 405 helmet, and eventually 420.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    They are trying desperately to find a balance, but don't want to take risks, because the last time they have a history of risks backfiring.

4th ring

last ring

Middle

i think this is an amazing start, and i super love these unique traits and being able to craft my BIS helm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    -snip-
    I saw your post before you deleted it, and you make a good point, however really each profession has their thing, if all were required then wlel how would they be unique?
    it feels nice as an engineer being required for hunters by enchants for ranged weapons but other then that what you sell is mostly utility like combat rez for classes without it, and stuff like bag saving items, portable tmog and stables, etc.

i was not a fan of the days of "i need to buy somethign from AEVERY SINGLE PROFFESION no ifs ands or butts"
    even then engineering was not needed, you needed your enchants, your gems, your extra enchants like belt buckle, spellthread, and leg armor, but there was nothing from engis

Today, with all the epics thrown at players, it is kinda pointless to use professions to enchant most gear, because you will get an upgrade from world quests, warfront, incursion chest tomorrow...

If they want to make professions more meaningful, they need to make gear more meaningful and staying longer.

Currently, gear itself feels more and more irrelevant.
    Last edited by ashblond; 2019-01-25 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Professions failed the moment they made them no longer necessary, aka relevant, when they removed their perks.
    If you think they were relevant in the first place when everyone was Blacksmith/Engineer.

They pretty much died with Wrath and were bad since 2004.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

I mean... You can craft your head slot, do you play engineer?
    also love your avatar, so excited for the game, i love subnut.
    I'm super hyped for below zeroooo!

And you mean the 340 goggles? They're 340. It's likely there are now 385 versions which is acceptable, but we have a warfront that gives 400 ilvl gear for significantly less effort than crafting even the old 340 ones. Doesn't that strike you as a problem?