Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    So...? Your solution is to completely demolish every wild place ever and build cities everywhere? I don't follow what you're trying to say.
    I wasn't providing any solutions. I was explain we share the planet with bears. They don't have their own sovereign country where it's OK for them to kill humans if we trespass. They'll kill humans any place they find us if they feel threatened or hungry enough.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Completely agree. I always find it odd when people try to personify animals to act like they have the same feelings people have.

- - - Updated - - -

Bears typically just start eating you. They haven't mastered guns yet. And if you have a couple babies or young kids around when the bear eats you, you can bet he'll eat them too. Bear's don't act like Baloo in real life. If Bagheera doesn't eat Mowgli first, you can bet Baloo does.

- - - Updated - - -

Everywhere is bear territory. They only aren't in places where we've already kicked them out, and even then they try to come back when they are hungry.

"hmm..no bears here, lets build a city"
    - "good thinking, lets stay away from 'bear country'"

Said no one who settled any town in the U.S. ever.
    Bears haven't mastered doors and windows either....so they wont be sneaking into your house like these men did to the Bears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    How surprising that this thread generates so much outrage, but when Abdullah rapes and kills a little girl people here plead for humane treatment and a light sentence.

Liberals really are mentally ill.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but they start eating you alive.

Feel free to build a wooden hut in bear territory and report back. I bet you end up being best friends with Pooh and Baloo.

They should get fined for poaching that's all. The moral outrage is ridiculous.
    Like I said...when a bear breaks into your house and sneaks up to you and murders you in your sleep...then you have something to compare.

7+ Year Old Account
    How surprising that this thread generates so much outrage, but when Abdullah rapes and kills a little girl people here plead for humane treatment and a light sentence.
    Not a liberal.

please find me somewhere of me pleading for leniency for a rapist -- even though we both know what you meant was people will argue with you being racist towards all arabic people over one's actions, but I'll humor you cus I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Bears haven't mastered doors and windows either....so they wont be sneaking into your house like these men did to the Bears.
    Yeah, that's where we've got the upper hand. Bears haven't figured out the whole 'building stuff' yet.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Black bears have been predatory as of late in Alaska.
    We're taking more and more resources, destroying living space...are we really surprised that animals that are trying to survive are more likely to enter settlements now, to raid trash, and then attack, when they unexpectedly run into people? they're not charging into cities and villages with the intent to kill

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    We're taking more and more resources, destroying living space...are we really surprised that animals that are trying to survive are more likely to enter settlements now, to raid trash, and then attack, when they unexpectedly run into people? they're not charging into cities and villages with the intent to kill
    Three predatory bear attacks in Anchorage resulted in deaths the year I was back there (2017). You do not hear about predators in cities because we have active wildlife management that removes them.
    Last edited by Celista; 2019-08-09 at 04:29 AM. Reason: edited because I sometimes sound like a massive dick on the internet

Yeah you do not know what you are talking about. Three predatory bear attacks in Anchorage resulted in deaths the year I was back there (2017). You do not hear about predators in cities because we have active wildlife management that removes them.
    I agree here. Where I used to live in New Jersey literally just across from Manhattan we had bear cub sighting so there was a bear some place. Also Hudson county is super urban but you’ll find deer’s and bears sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Just a slap on the wrist. Typical

- - - Updated - - -

The bears wouldn't go near them *facepalm*
    Not condoning what they did but bears are not your friends, anyone who thinks a bear would not eat your fucking face if they had a chance to is lying to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    I'm not a hunter, so maybe I'm missing something here, but how heartless do you have to be to do this?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...7eG?li=BBnbfcL
    These are poachers, not really the same as hunters. Fuck poachers.

Hunters are better!

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the problem here? The bears would do the same to them.
    Bears do not walk into your house and kill you and your children while you sleep for funsies.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by saymo View Post
    Hunters are better!
    Nice necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Nice necro.
    My money is on a ban evading burner trying to boost it's post count so it has deniability.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    My money is on a ban evading burner trying to boost it's post count so it has deniability.
    Oh, good catch! It probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Bears do not walk into your house and kill you and your children while you sleep for funsies.
    Bears do in fact break into homes and they kill for sport. Bears are generally dicks. Do not feel bad for bears.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Poaching/killing the cubs. Also likely hunting off-season...

Black bears have been predatory as of late in Alaska, personally I feel like the sentence was too severe.

According to another article the sentence was far more severe than described here, he had to give up a bunch of vehicles and has a 10 year hunting ban. Also some other things. Will link article if I find it.
    No up here in Alaska. No fatal bear attacks this year IIRC. And few bear attacks overall. They are certainly aggressive, but with the right knowledge you can avoid them. These asshats going into the den and killing the mama and two cubs should be locked up.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crim...n-game-camera/

Confiscating that much stuff seems like a massive scam. Sounds like Alaska is getting even more corrupt since I lived there...
    Scam? Really? Looks like they fucked up royally and got punished for it. Did the courts not follow the guidelines?

Separate topic: we just moved here a little while ago and are mired in the Budget Bullshit. How long did you live here? What kind of corruption did you see?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Separate topic: we just moved here a little while ago and are mired in the Budget Bullshit. How long did you live here? What kind of corruption did you see?
    Born and raised in AK, left for college and came back last in 2017.

You'll see...latest one was Pebble Mine being pushed through despite being voted down by the taxpayers. Right after Trump met with Dunleavy...

We used to go fishing out at Iliamna every year and opening up that area for mineral exploration is simply a horrible decision. Shits on the tourism industry for one, will probably affect salmon and other wildlife.

AK is simply horribly mismanaged, state was recently in an economic recession (not sure if still) when every other state in the US was bouncing back.

Conservatives in the state are short-sighted, you can provide jobs while protecting the state's natural resources and future.

Republican leadership liked to shit on poor people and minorities, blaming them for all of the state's problems while I was growing up. Which was simply charming and the reason why I'm not a Republican.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bears do in fact break into homes and they kill for sport. Bears are generally dicks. Do not feel bad for bears.
    it's sunseeker 90% of the time he doesn't know what he's talking about so i wouldn't pay his posts much attention.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

They got off way too light. Just think what the punishment would have been if they murdered humans instead...

Pathetic human beings, should have been eaten alive right there in the bear cave.
    Do you hear the voices too?