Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't get camped in Dalaran! I went back in time to Northrend and it solved so many problems I had with current WoW.

Ok so, in summary
    1) giving players pve incentives to participate in pvp is not good
    2) taking away said incentives is not good because then one faction (or most of them) would basically opt out of pvp altogether.

Right. Now what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if it's a feasible (or even a good idea) BUT I could see Blizzard fixing a lot of the situation by simply disabling Warmode as soon as you convert a group to a Raid (you would then get a 5 min. debuff after leaving a Raid before it auto-switches back). You would still have groups of 5 players PvP'ing without issue but this would allow for a much more level playing field. Essentially NO PvP RAIDS sooooooo this would create for a more dynamic experience that's much more fair AND we can still complete quests.

Now what happens if 4 groups of 5 people sync up to "raid" the other faction? It would be allowed. We have to allow some PVP steamrolling if players want it to do it that badly.

This method would definitely help deter the camping raids as best as possible without changing Blizzards Warmode goals (too much). It won't make it go away but it would definitely lessen the impact.

I don't believe the solution lies in removing any incentives. They just need to do their best to eliminate the Raid aspect as it's evolved to a point of always being "Alliance Raid vs. whatever Horde has going on". I'm rarely seeing any other type of PVP'ing in the Open World.

As a horde main, I legit never saw the:

"camp FP and gank everyonee"
    "40 man raid on world quests"
    "Horde dust ball roaming for kills"

I play on EU Kazzak and that was 99% horde so we never saw alliance, when we (me) did you'd gank at first or jump in if someone is getting attacked but this just sounds like it happened one time to some alliance streamer and now it's a meme that all horde = x or if you play Y faction then you're Z.

If / when I get ganked, if it's 1v1 np fair is fair, winner can gloat but when it's 4+ it's just a meh res and continue doing what I'm doing but what I'll never understand is logging over to then gloat that you got rekt by 4+ and that you suck... Logic fails me there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I mean this proves that there was no advantage given to the horde since Alliance are fully capable of forming groups. Only difference now is the alliance get a 30% buff and an extra 400 ilvl piece.
    Who said any advantage was given to Horde?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Can we just agree it's time to remove racials altogether to end this nonsense? Faction and race choice should be a cosmetic choice, not one motivated by cheesing mechanics and min/max behavior.

Or we can group up and coordinate and kill them? This is the point of WPvP. If you turn WM off as a response then you never really wanted to PvP anyway... you just wanted the free benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I understand thats annoying but the reality is the Horde was not getting gear for it. And that at launch of a new raid tier and one faction getting extra loot is unfair.
    You mean like the horde getting the faction Warzone in the first raid. Where all the horde got free 370's and had the option to gear alts from with 340's for free as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 6ev4enko View Post
    You are so delusional, it is not even funny. How do you call Alliance embracing the expansion when you were literally non-existent faction in the start of the expansion. It took blizzard to give you superior bonuses, superior gear rewards etc. to get you out of your hiding place, WHILE openly trying to make horde turn off warmode for the sake of "balance" in this abomination they call World pvp. Additionally, I really have the suspicion that Horde is more than Ally because Horde players quit the game while having they warmode on or some bullshit like that, therefore the Horde count is still superior, but it SURELY does NOT feel like it when you play the game.
    I love how you quote the same video where they say they are trying to get some horde to turn off Warmode as fact but ignore where they said Horde still has a significant advantage in the amount of people with it on.....WHICH IS IT? or do you want to just pick and choose facts.........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Or we can group up and coordinate and kill them? This is the point of WPvP. If you turn WM off as a response then you never really wanted to PvP anyway... you just wanted the free benefits.
    Exactly this, blizzard is trying to get these people out of Warmode. Hell this morning I had some awesome world PVP. Flew into Whitegrove and there was a horde party there killing people as they landed. Being a DH I escaped with a couple well placed stuns and felrushes over the cliff with a glider. Where luckily enough there was a group of alliance grouping up to counter attack. We pushed up and through 15 minutes of back and forth we killed the 2 bounties and took the flight point back. Went to do the world quests and there was another group of horde. Took another 5 minutes of fighting over the Azerite quest. This is what warmode is about. Random encounters that turn into fun battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    So lets see:

x14 years I was tired of being ganked inside my alliance capital by horde raids
    x14 years I was tired of getting ganked on my alts from random max level horde who used me as a target dummy to get their frustrations out
    x14 years I was being ganked outside raids and dungeons while trying to enjoy the game as my counterparts
    x14 years I was being ganked on the happiest days of all the expansion launch days
    x14 years I suffer and endure the shit state of alliance in random BGs
    x14 years I suffer the sickening bias in favor of the horde every chance some developer gets.

All this pain and suffering x14 years and all the compensation we got to show is an ilvl 400 item and some measly "30% bonus" which is nothing if we want to be real.

OP Im sorry that you feel this way but stop for a second and think how an alliance player feels.

In the end its not even about you or me and our relationship in game, Im sure you are a great guy. But the IDIOTS who designed the game couldn't fix those imbalances and still can't. In fact they monetized from this grief x14 years and finally the game came to a point where the players simply turn their backs to it.

You and me have more in common than you think. We both suffer the consequences of developer stupidity only difference is alliance players suffered this shit for years and you only had to endure it for a couple of months.

P.S. I also find the players at fault because being given the opportunity to gank doesn't mean you HAVE TO gank. But we all know how humans behave right? And thats why I mainly blame the developers.
    QFT

All these horde babies crying about one ilvl 400 item, when we've had to deal with hell for 14 years, with no bitching from our end.

I finally turned mine off yesterday. It is clear that faction imbalance was never an issue, Sharding resolved any issue with balance in numbers. Alliance didn't need free 400+ item level gear and 30% xp/rep, but they were given it because they whined and whined about war mode not being worth it. So now they get to have even numbers AND better rewards.

It has little to do with racials at this point. It's about who race you prefer to have. And in general, for me personally, I prefer to have characters based on the horde fantasy. I don't like being the "pretty" races, and almost every toon I make, if it can be a troll, it is a troll. Very few people in the grand scheme of wow, base all of their toons off racials, and even less is that a factor in an open world pvp scenario.

I think the issue is, when you go to a World Quest, and one faction or the other is sitting there with 20-40 people, and you don't see them until you get phased in. Then you have to spend 5-10 mins running back to your corpse, because you can't fight that. I do not like the zerg/gank style of World PvP. If you're in a group, then you need to be phased into other Warmode enabled areas where people are grouped. If you're not, then the same goes there. Because I bet money right now, if the horde/alliance gankers can't group up and have an unfair advantage all the time. 90% of them will turn WM off.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Remove bonuses. Warmode is solved.
    +1 for this idea. Let it just be people who want to PvP, remove the bonuses. If people really want to PvP, they'll do it without any additional incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    This isn't about Horde or Alliance, this is about Blizzard and their idiotic handouts, specifically ones that favor one side or the other due to their bullshit ideas.
    No this isn't really about handouts, this goes much deeper and farther back than that. The question that needs to be asked is WHY Horde outnumber Alliance by so much and how it's gone on so long? This is the real question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    No this isn't really about handouts, this goes much deeper and farther back than that. The question that needs to be asked is WHY Horde outnumber Alliance by so much and how it's gone on so long? This is the real question.
    Racials being better? The Horde being the faction with a larger theme of combat? Preference towards a more 'brutal' aesthetic when fighting others? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie View Post
    QFT

All these horde babies crying about one ilvl 400 item, when we've had to deal with hell for 14 years, with no bitching from our end.
    For "14 years" we had these things called servers which were either horde or alliance dominated, with a few being relatively balanced. If you took this game seriously at all, you would play on one of these servers so you could group with other players of the same faction, without getting constantly ganked. Ie for US pvp i played primarily on Mal'ganis horde or Sargeras alliance. Neither realm had an issue with the opposite faction.

Btw you can google horde favoritism "expansion" and find plenty of alliance QQs from any expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    +1 for this idea. Let it just be people who want to PvP, remove the bonuses. If people really want to PvP, they'll do it without any additional incentive.
    What about rewards?
    Are World PvP'ers deemed to be black sheeps who deserve no rewards?

Racials being better? The Horde being the faction with a larger theme of combat? Preference towards a more 'brutal' aesthetic when fighting others? /shrug
    Racials are exactly one reason why players have gravitated to Horde over Alliance. Most Horde racials were OP and even after recent nerfs, still better than Alliance racials overall.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You missed bfa launch?
    It was 1 price of loot where alliance also got options too. Alliance gets two weeks..two peuces and horde NEVER get a chance at the free loot.

Ya no difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What about rewards?
    Are World PvP'ers deemed to be black sheeps who deserve no rewards?
    How about PvP rewards? /shrug

How about PvP rewards? /shrug
    If you are talking about honor and conquest points---ill slap your ass

Every pvper hates the honor system