Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    funny because horde still outnumbers alliance.
    why the alliance still has a higher bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm all for world PvP, I love it... however... when it's 1v40 on a daily basis, it's kinda shit. Yes i've turned it off to avoid the headache (especially with how fucking far away the spawn points are)
    as an alliance every single incursion i see a raid of horde farming people at the flight points and quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Just go back to PvP only servers for players that like deathmatch.

I play an RPG to slay dragons with friends, and go on quests for treasures of loot. And gear up my character.

If I want PvP I'll just play some Counterstrike or Quake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaww theres raids of Alliance? How brutal..

If only Horde didn't do the exact same thing, for a much longer period of time and still continue today.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I assume you mean warfront? Which has absolutely nothing todo with warmode. Not to mention that you act like alliance didnt get warfront 10~ days after horde and alliance had darkshore warfront before horde so your comment means absolutely nothing in the first place.
    10 days later. Horde had more than 340 on entry on average when alliance had less. So yeah. My comment was on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Krokks View Post
    It's always been pointless. There was already a way to turn warmode on and off. It was called PvE and PvP servers and it actually worked.
    After chosing server you could not turn it on or off so its not even close to same

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 50 horde standing outside Tol Dagor killing you as soon as you zone out is "world PVP" -- as with everything else Blizz puts in - its stupid shit..........
    Last edited by Optio82; 2019-02-03 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what horde have been doing since shortly after launch.

But now that it's happening to YOU, it's a problem????

Lmfao, grow up.

Wait no...What was it horde always told alliance when they camped shit?

OH YEAH, they said "git gud"

So what I say to you, being camped at quests and flight point landings, is....

GIT GUD SCRUB

Well I paid hundreds of Euros transferring to PvE servers and now that was completely pointless, because there is no distinction between PvE and PvP servers. Of course they're not gonna give me my money back.
    Dude. That's no different from "I paid hundreds of dollars for X last month, and now it's on clearance half off. Give me half my money back!" Life doesn't work that way.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.
    Turned it off. Not doing it so long as the Alliance are getting extra rewards. When both sides get the same shit then we can talk, whether it be 10%, 15%, 30% with welfare gear... doesn't matter so long as it is the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always been pointless. There was already a way to turn warmode on and off. It was called PvE and PvP servers and it actually worked.
    I think this is why they put pvp realms with other pvp realms and visa-versa

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope for one of two things due to how WM has been pretty much disappointing:

1) they realize that, when players form up into groups and raids, it throws off the "balance" of the WM shard (people get merged into one from many) so they make Group-only Shards and Raid-only shards and immediately phase people into those upon joining/converting, leaving the solo folk to go about their business getting into solo and small scale skirmishes while groups of players can go get into group skirmishes with other groups/raids

2) they will see how people quit using WM in droves by server cluster/region and realize they failed with making WPVP relevant and remove it, returning to "always on" PVP servers and "optional PVP" PVE servers, then rebalance the clusters yet again.

What will happen:
    1) Nothing, because they have data that says it's fine and "balanced".

PVP server were mostly Horde populate. Horde are not use to be hunted.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    "I used to enjoy WM when it was just a free 10% for horde but now it's pointless cause it's not free anymore."

Horde logic.
    "It's not fair Horde just kill us no matter where we go it's always a gank fest" *Turns WM to 30% for Alliance* "Oh man this is great now we all want to PVP all of the sudden and Horde are just baby's!"

Where were all of these Alliance when it was 10% for both factions? Alliance needed to be handed large bonus's to even show up with WM on.. kinda pathetic.

Kind of saw that coming, when they gave alli a 30% bonus, of course people were going to jump over to alli and change the balance of how it all plays out

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    funny because horde still outnumbers alliance.
    why the alliance still has a higher bonus.
    You are missing the dilemma :3

Alliance is the only faction that has a quest to kill the other faction.
    Blizzard is incentivizing ONLY Alliance to kill the other faction.

Result: You see many more "ganking" from Alliance than Horde. Because people always choose the path of least resistance...this is what you see.

IMO there shouldnt be incentives for group PvP...much less for only one faction.
    People will ALWAYS choose the path of least resistance.
    Therefore > Ganking

Ganking is not true world pvp.
    Group quests to kill the other faction incentivize Ganking
    Therefore there shouldnt be "many" group pvp quests...

The situation is worse because only one faction has the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    "It's not fair Horde just kill us no matter where we go it's always a gank fest" *Turns WM to 30% for Alliance* "Oh man this is great now we all want to PVP all of the sudden and Horde are just baby's!"

Where were all of these Alliance when it was 10% for both factions? Alliance needed to be handed large bonus's to even show up with WM on.. kinda pathetic.
    Or you know, the overall horde population is just bigger than the alliance population and it started out as a smaller difference but big enough that more and more alliance didn't wanna bother with war mode and turned it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You are missing the dilemma :3

Alliance is the only faction that has a quest to kill the other faction.
    Blizzard is incentivizing ONLY Alliance to kill the other faction.

Result: You see many more "ganking" from Alliance than Horde. Because people always choose the path of least resistance...this is what you see.

IMO there shouldnt be incentives for group PvP...much less for only one faction.
    People will ALWAYS choose the path of least resistance.
    Therefore > Ganking

Ganking is not true world pvp.
    Group quests to kill the other faction incentivize Ganking
    Therefore there shouldnt be "many" group pvp quests...

The situation is worse because only one faction has the quest.
    Simple fix: change quest to complete 2-4 incursions while in warmode instead of killing 25 enemy players.
    Or "complete 10-20 world quests while in warmode"...

Both factions should get the quest.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2019-02-04 at 06:44 PM.

Honestly, I could care less about the incentive to turn it on. It's just fun to play on. You'll randomly get into small or large skirmishes, a lot of them more memorable than your average battleground or arena.

I haven't experienced flight point stuff that much as alliance, I guess out of sheer luck, but to fix it, I think they should put pvp guards over there that are actually pretty dangerous, sort of like booty bay's back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Or you know, the overall horde population is just bigger than the alliance population and it started out as a smaller difference but big enough that more and more alliance didn't wanna bother with war mode and turned it off.
    Its not a matter of population.
    We do have cross realm tech.

Its a matter of one guy having the idea to create a raid to kill the other faction.

Thats all it takes.

Only one dude to have this idea.

Once the raid is formed...what do you expect?
    There wont be another raid on the other side, ofcourse.
    Unless people organize a counter raid (almost never happens)

TLDR: All it takes is a dude to create a raid to destabilize the entire system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Simple fix: change quest to complete X (like 2-3) incursions while in warmode instead of killing 25 enemy players.
    Or "complete Y world quests while in warmode"...
    Thats a good idea!
    Are you talking about "objectives" in the world?

Sorry my english is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by ganking, but trying to get number superiority on your side so you can smash and corpse camp your opponents is surely the absolute truest and purest form of world PvP experience you can get?
    That is not true World PvP.
    Ganking is a dishonorable action in any way and form.

Even Blizzard agrees with this.

This was the Alliance PoV on day one of the expac.
    I've been ganked by dozens of Horde players grouped up camping my FP as alliance.

Now that Horde can't flex their epeens, it's "pointless".

L.O.L.