Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah waiting over a year for some allied races that were marketed as a feature product of an expansion was totally a strong system.

They loved the fact they made a boat load of money on race changes at $25 a pop with having op racials and have further tools to stagnant "content" and keep their MAU numbers not at rock bottom.

Im actually pretty sad at what this game has become
    i think it is a strong system. just because part of it was delayed doesnt make it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Speaking of ogres, I'm calling it right now-- horde will get allied race ogres, using the Kul Tiran human skeleton and animations. No way they're going to waste all that work on a single race.

People complaining about the delay, that was entirely due to Kul Tiran humans-- they aren't just a reskin, this is an entirely new skeleton with new animations. That's a ton of work.
    No, they act like it, but it's not. It's all just one skeleton rig now they tweak. They changed it a while back, did you not watch the video where they explained it using the Sethrak example? If you want the truth, they needed 1st quater numbers, so that's why we are really here, in my opinion.

EDIT: To expound on the skeleton rig, it's when the updated everything but Goblins and Worgens, all the updated models, and the BfA humanoids, are on the same skeleton rig. Frankly, the Kul'Tirans were already made. They already had animations. Their NPC's have been in the game all this time, so, it's not like they just now made the models this patch. They've been good to go.
    Last edited by The Anax; 2019-02-04 at 09:03 PM.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

I hadn't seen that, thanks for the pointer. They do have new animations.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    It'll happen, the only thing Activision sees is dollar signs, and High Elf race changes will bring in a lot of those
    Would've happened a lot time ago if this were true. Even if Activison asked them to do it, the devs would have refused. This is one of the things they don't want to do, and it shows by how many times they've kept telling the public no over the last few years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    nightborne are nelf reskin, and the only example i thought was interesting because it gave horde access to alliance reskined race, kultiran is fat humans and zandalari are trolls on hd (also quality better than tauren or draenei)
    as for dark iron it doesn't make sense that their queen is literally faction leader in alliance, yet they weren't a race in-game, in fact prior to bfa can anyone show me that dark iron dwarfs were not considered alliance ?
    on other hand all reskinned races from bfa were clearly neutral prior to joining alliance/horde, and even after still don't make sense much as i mentioned earlier for them, including emo elves who joined a faction that tried to wipe them out, twice

allied races should been a barber shop customization, as everyone suggested since cata release, not an entire from scratch new race to lvl from zero
    1. night elves are not a night elf resin i dont think you know what a reskin is buddy...
    2. zandalari are not reskin trolls why do you seem to pretend they are?
    3. yes it does make sense, cause the dark iron dont trust the alliance at all after you know... they fucking tried to assassinate their leader? and had already killed their leader twice before?
    4. LOLOLOL so it doesent make sense when emo elves join a faction that tries to wipe them out twice, but suddenly does when dark iron dont do it?
    i dont think you know the lore... the blood elves actually almost joined the alliance, and when the void elves are kicked out of silvermoon and allmost killed for thier void usage they go to alleria a legendary hero of the elves to help them, and are accepted into the alliance.

5. on the "they shoulda been barber sharp options"
    And on the "they could been barber shop options" no they couldn't, while yes SOME like high mountain taruen could, maybe light forged.

Dark iron would NOT have the same facials it wouldn't make sense. What fucking race would void elves be a customization for? Night elves suddenly turn into void corrupted blood elves by sitting inna chair?

Blood elves suddenly turn into night borne in a chair?

Maghar having blood fury? Lol no... No. Maghar warlock? Wut...

So no these could not have just been barber shop options...

literally said this earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Of course they love it. You make a slightly altered model, give it as an option to work to unlock and then make it something you reroll and start the 1-120 again without them making a bunch of new content. The sub time to workload ratio on that is as close to free money as you can get without putting them on the cash shop.
    so you rather from now on they dont add heritage armors?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    You know this always gets me. I played the first month and stopped for three, then been playing the passed 2 weeks. Average of 2 hours, and I am already done with the War Campaign, and exalted of all the factions. How can this still be considered problematic by now is beyond me.

As for Mag'har arguments; I am surprised many people don't just opt the basic brown Orc and be TBC. Literally the first, last and ONLY time you're reminded that you are WoD is that intro. That's it, not even the racial leader has done anything.

Don't get me wrong, surprised they never gave antlers to Tauren and brown skin to Orcs ages ago, but that is not the hand we're dealt. At least the Mag'har cam be placated If you don't like them. Me, I am content that I got a Blackrock Orc.
    the reason normal orcs could not be brown skin is because a brown skin orc would not have bloodfury
    a brown skin orc could not be a warlock.
    those are the reasons, and why they dont have that racial and they dont have that class
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I agree that plopping down in a barber chair and changing race would be a stupid idea.

Blizzard should have at least included one free race change with the purchase of BfA however, it was a main feature that you can't utilize on a character you already have played for years unless you pay additional money.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Okay mate, just because you can't accept the argument, while you are loving the Allied Races unconditionally, it does't mean it's a bad argument.

The 2 things that people presented to you are strong ones.

Ignore the miliking of subs for a while. The biggest problem with Allied Races for me is that it absolutely absorbs the whole idea of new races. There has never been a greater feature in that game for me than new races/ classes. I always loved to level a new character, explore it's stories and starting zones.
    I strongly supported the idea of new customization options, which would include clans, tattoos, diefferent tribes and so on. So they introduced something different. And you know why I literally hate it? Just what people have already said: it's simply lost it's magic. There is no more hype for a great new race. Soon, it will look like one of those chinese mmo games, where you can make characters out of 50 races possible.

It's great to have the Lightfirged Draenei and Mag'har orc... but as a different race?

Now, guess why they didn't make it just customization options
    Blizzard ALWAYS drained the money from players, but it's literally new level. Why they had to make a feature that reuse the existing models, and simply re-skin them. Doesn't it feel dishonest of them? Why can't you simply get into their minds and understand what drives them?

How can you like an feature that js simply exploiting our passion and "demands". We have NEVER demanded it. We wanted customization options - and they gave us AR. Obviously.

In 2022 we are going to have 20 AR. How is THAT good? Christ. It doesn't matter if it's BfA or not. And know this - too many players want High Elves, so it would be a mistake from their perspective not to introduce them. They regulary use the phrase that they "don't fit the story". Do you really believe it. They will even write the story the way it fits HE introduction. They just try to build the hype.

But it doesn't matter if it's going to look like BE - people like you will love it without a word of criticism
    Dude they literally DISINCENTIVIZED people from buying Race Changes and Boosts to the new Allied Races, the fuck are you on about with them making them to milk money out of players. You not wanting to make Alts is not their problem, they have made it as easy to do through in game systems as fucking possible.

As for Allied Races replacing new races... What the fuck gave you that idea? What makes you think they would ever be mutually exclusive as I have seen literally nothing that even suggests this.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Dude they literally DISINCENTIVIZED people from buying Race Changes and Boosts to the new Allied Races, the fuck are you on about with them making them to milk money out of players. You not wanting to make Alts is not their problem, they have made it as easy to do through in game systems as fucking possible.

As for Allied Races replacing new races... What the fuck gave you that idea? What makes you think they would ever be mutually exclusive as I have seen literally nothing that even suggests this.
    as i said earlier but people love to block with their tin foil hats.

"Blizzard makes them unable to be race changed to get heritage armor"
    BLIZZ IS FORCING US TO PLAY THE GAME TO RAISE MAU, SCUMBAGS WHO JUST WANT MONEY!!!
    "Blizzard makes them unable to be boosted if you want to get heritage armor"
    BLIZZARD IS FORCING US TO LEVEL THEM TO RAISE MAU, SCUMBAGS WHO JUST WANT MONEY!!!

"Blizzard caves and lets you race change to get heritage armor"
    BLIZZ IS FORCING US TO RACECHANGE MONEY HUNGRY SCUMBAGS!
    "blizzard caves and makes you able to boost them and still get heritage armor"
    BLIZZ IS FORCING US TO BOOST THEM, MONEY HUNGRY SCUMBAGS!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Offering an incentive to level up from 1 is not the same as dis-incentivizing race changes and boosts. Blizzard is happy taking your $25/$60, and they're happy if you level up a new character, staying in the game for an extra month or two. Either way they're cool with it.

Allied races are just cosmetic. I don't understand why people are crazy about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    Honestly I've love the allied race system. Instead of 2 new races we got 8 so far? And ya some are basically reskins of existing races but they've been "in demand" for awhile now: Dark Irons and Mag'har Orcs.
    Doesn't excuse the lazy work, I'd rather have 2 new fully fleshed out races with unique models, animations and stories behind them + Introducing new Interesting characters rather than 8 races of already existing races. The Allied Races are nothing but extra customization for existing races, they simply split them apart due to any other reason big corporations have these days: Make money mooooneh, not caring for the customer's wants.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I think Allied Races have plenty of pros, and plenty of cons.

On one hand, races like Lightforged, Highmountain, Mag'har, and Dark Irons could have easily been customization options for their base race, since in the end they are still simply draenei, tauren, orcs, and dwarves. On the other hand, some of them have different race/class combos, and different aesthetics (paladin mounts, totems, druid forms, etc).

They rolled out Allied Races pretty quickly after mentioning them in Legion, which is pretty cool. But, Zandalari were advertised to release with BfA opposite Dark Irons, and people are still waiting for them after a year. It does make more sense to have them opposite of the Kul Tirans, but it also makes people feel like they were given false information.

Another problem (in my opinion) is that some of the Allied Races are kind of what players have been asking for, but not really. Lots of players wanted High Elves, and instead they pulled Void Elves out of nowhere. Players have asked for Vrykul for many years, and instead they gave Kul Tirans, who are similar in stature and musculature (even having slightly similar faces, for males). I've seen plenty of threads where players wanted Forest Trolls, and instead the Horde gets the Zandalari. This makes it entirely unlikely for players to get what they were hoping for, although these new races are cool as well.

I think the best Allied Races are ones that have mostly new animations, or even just modified animations/models. Even Nightborne have unique faces, ears, body shape, and idle stance, which makes them distinctly different than Night Elves. Likewise, Zandalari and Kul Tirans are nothing like Darkspear and Humans, thus making them distinct and unique in and out of armor. Should Vulpera become playable, they do use Goblin animations (mostly), but they have unique ears, faces, and tails, making them have a different silhouette in and out of armor as well. I like all the Allied Races, but I love the ones that are visually unique. Should they continue with this trend, then that would be the best option, in my opinion.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    It won't happen (why we got Void Elves and why they look the way they do), but if we get them I'll REEEEEEE myself to death.
    If they merge horde and alliance--as seems like a very likely end to the expansion--then High Elves will absolutely happen. In fact, it would be fairly stupid for them not to make a HUGE deal out of it next x-pac (again, assuming Horde/Alliance merge).

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Would've happened a lot time ago if this were true. Even if Activison asked them to do it, the devs would have refused. This is one of the things they don't want to do, and it shows by how many times they've kept telling the public no over the last few years.
    unfortunately they caved over that pathetic joke they call classic, so who knows, they might cave for HE's as well.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

It's too late now, but having additional customizations for the existing races would have been way better than allied races. They could have just added a high elf skin for blood elves, or a dark iron skin for dwarves, and they could even keep the rep/quest requirements if they chose. But this whole unlock the exact same race but with other customization options system is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The reason normal orcs could not be brown skin is because a brown skin orc would not have bloodfury
    a brown skin orc could not be a warlock.
    those are the reasons, and why they dont have that racial and they dont have that class
    Not going to get HE fan levels of defensive here, but them being introduced in TBC didn't specifically state they weren't Warlocks among them, pretty sure MU Jorrin Deadeye is one if I remember right. And Bloodfury argument never held water from the devs, but whatever spin they want, I guess.

Thay being said, it's moot by this point since, as I stated earlier, it's not the hand Blizz dealt us. I still advocate for Fel Orcs (namely to differentiate silhouettes) as the Mag'har thematically just were too samey to their green brethren.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as i said earlier but people love to block with their tin foil hats.

"Blizzard makes them unable to be race changed to get heritage armor"
    BLIZZ IS FORCING US TO PLAY THE GAME TO RAISE MAU, SCUMBAGS WHO JUST WANT MONEY!!!
    "Blizzard makes them unable to be boosted if you want to get heritage armor"
    BLIZZARD IS FORCING US TO LEVEL THEM TO RAISE MAU, SCUMBAGS WHO JUST WANT MONEY!!!

"Blizzard caves and lets you race change to get heritage armor"
    BLIZZ IS FORCING US TO RACECHANGE MONEY HUNGRY SCUMBAGS!
    "blizzard caves and makes you able to boost them and still get heritage armor"
    BLIZZ IS FORCING US TO BOOST THEM, MONEY HUNGRY SCUMBAGS!
    You seriously need to have a glass of warm milk and go to bed.

idk, I''ve played the game for over 10 years and have countless random alts on various servers, cap on my main server; Arthas, I've already leveled my toons, not interested in starting over again, i'd rather level my alts to 120 to see and enjoy their pvp. I get nothing out of the system, so allied races have gone completely unnoticed to me. certainly not worth paying ingame or real money to play the same leveling experience again with a reskinned toon.
    Last edited by ohtlmtlm; 2019-02-04 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Most people who aren't insane fanboys would rather 2 new real races.

No one asked for these lazy ass re-skins to be considered real races.
    Let's be real here, though. No one asked for reskins cause up until now, it never happened. So obviously it wouldn't be realistic to imagine it happening. No that there is an existence to it, I am certain as time moves forward many will "settle" with whatever reskin they can get to match their desires.

Would be a stronger system if they could get them out more frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?