Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    The real problem there is that the devs don't care about their own game anymore.

Imagine not bothering to work for one of the most important weekends your game will see this year.
    Imagine living in some fantasy world where American game developers would willingly work during the Super Bowl weekend for the sake of a race Blizzard barely cares about.

How long have Method been raiding for today so far? It's getting pretty late over there, but if they go to bed they likely lose tomorrow shortly after they wake up. Must be a rough and tilting situation.

3AM and Method is still pushing, wow. They must really be confident that they can down it tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just wiped twice above 50%. I think they're burning out.

Edit: three times.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2019-02-05 at 02:17 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt method will get it down tonight, they just flop-over sub 15%.

They might be worried that the reverted hotfix gets put back in during the NA reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Keysta99 View Post
    So your argument is the peak of having 100k watching WoW for the world first race, who otherwise wouldn't be watching at all, has no positive aftermath once it's over? At all? That's just a dumb argument.
    Don't kid yourself. Twitch World First Raiding doesn't reach people who wouldn't have already known about the Twitch platform and/or participate in WoW already. This isn't reaching people who aren't already within the community. The Method stream gets old after a while and even the memes stop being funny the 30th time you hear them. Casters are just forced to fill in so much fluff that they just run out of material too fast.

Secondly. The fact that they cannot hold the numbers proves that there isn't any impact at all. If they were able to hold those numbers and continue moving forward then I would agree that this is a positive thing for WoW in general. But that is hardly the case at all. The numbers dry up and WoW drops to a handful of ~1k viewers. Don't misunderstand me. I enjoy certain streamers on Twitch. Yet the lack of retention of those ~100k numbers is only proof that these numbers are unsustainable and aren't growth.

People who are already fans of their favorite streamers will continue to watch them. But they cannot to translate those who aren't already subbed/fans to stick around to continue to support the raiding scene outside of 1-2 week spurts.
    Last edited by Sim; 2019-02-05 at 02:38 AM.

The way Sco said goodnight in his stream just now shows the pressure they felt to kill her today and how "afraid" they are about the NA reset tomorrow. Just shows how stupid the 16h difference is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    The way Sco said goodnight in his stream just now shows the pressure they felt to kill her today and how "afraid" they are about the NA reset tomorrow. Just shows how stupid the 16h difference is.
    if the elemental gets fixed at reset, the gear probably won’t help Limit
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    The way Sco said goodnight in his stream just now showed the pressure they felt to kill her today and how "afraid" they are about the NA reset tomorrow. Just shows how stupid the 16h difference is.
    The reset was all Limit and Method needed for G'huun. They know it. assuming they stop for 8hr they'll have 4 hours before the NA reset at 0700 PST, and maybe another 3 before Limit is on Jaina proper.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    The reset was all Limit and Method needed for G'huun. They know it. assuming they stop for 8hr they'll have 4 hours before the NA reset at 0700 PST, and maybe another 3 before Limit is on Jaina proper.
    Yeah, they will have a few hours tomorrow still but it's not looking good for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That kind of puts the pressure on Limit right now. If they don't manage a kill before they sleep tonight, Method has a decent chunk of time before Limit re-clears to snag a perfect RNG kill. There's also the fear of getting stuck on a tough boss like Blockade for another hour or two. No doubt Limit is pushing as hard as they can right now.

Method currently has 1 1/2 item levels over Limit so it's even tighter for them as well. I would be surprised to see a kill tonight but that is Limit's best chance. It was clearly possible for Method to get the kill they just couldn't make it happen.

Very close race.

Rooting for my homies in <this game is bad>. You can do it bois!

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Implying I should be happy Activision suits are replacing the game company I grew up with? LULW

- - - Updated - - -

It's okay buddy back to pet battles you go
    Do you think you could work on the same game for over 15 years nearly every day, with the latter half being full of hate and discouragement and yet still have ANY grains of passion for it?

You can see that the passion started to fall off after WotlK, and rightly so. No game should last so long, and if it does, passion will stop.

Just look at GRRM (author of GoT/ASOIAF) his entire lifes passion was writing the books and yet the last decade he's barely wrote anything. He just isn't passionate anymore

Quote Originally Posted by heyoyayo View Post

Just look at GRRM (author of GoT/ASOIAF) his entire lifes passion was writing the books and yet the last decade he's barely wrote anything. He just isn't passionate anymore
    Actually he’s written a lot, just not the next book in the series. The recent history book he wrote for the Targaryens was 600+ pages, and there’s going to be a second part.

I think he’s just stuck or unsatisfied.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I think the Elemental will be re-hotfixed at reset (assuming they figure out whats breaking blockade).

I still think people are forgetting just how much more time the raid needs with a zerg strat to do 5% boss hp.

Assuming the fight ends at 5.5% and they got to 9.9%, needing 4.4% more of of Jainas HP is ~6.45million health.

If we assume the rDPS is 375 000 (14 dps doing 25k each, and 2 tanks+healers doing 25k combined = 15x25).. it would still take 17 extra seconds to kill the boss. And thats with the big (and unrealistic) assumption every single DPS is doing 25k without any regard for necessary movement, repositioning (siegebreaker, broadside, baiting and moving from glacial ray etc), no hero, and potentially no CD (not sure when they are using them).

Will be really important to see which/ how many execute classes can be stuffed into their raid comp to help meet the benchmark.

The only potential way the current 'p3 zerg strat' can work - without needing one more reset worth of gear - is it they heavily stuff the raid with execute classes, assuming that doing this doesnt affect their ability to do p1/2 and the hard enrage.

needing 17 more seconds is huge, given how out of control things get deeper in p3. Thats another full stack of chilling touch on the raid, and 17 seconds of insane HPS required. Doable with another reset of gear maybe, but I hope the fight gets re-hotfixed by next reset so a shitty LOLZERG IGNORE EVERYTHING strat isnt viable.

Id rather see the elemental need to be dealt with as intended , as the fucking encounter journal even listed its frost nova ability.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2019-02-05 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    There's also the fear of getting stuck on a tough boss like Blockade for another hour or two.
    sorry what
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I dont think Method would mind world second if it takes to second reset. They already had a lot of traction and revenue. In long term it may hurt the Method brand but Id be fine with Method killing on Wednesday even if Limit does it on Tuesday. And they have entertained us for the duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, nothing they do in P1 or P2 will help them in P3. They aren't hitting the enrage, they are trying to out-race the stacks with a zerg strategy. So that timer doesn't start until P3 begins.

Can someone with broad class knowledge give us a brief rundown of which class/specs have executes and how much on a mild<->huge scale said execute effects their dps when below x% threshold?

(aka those would be the classes method would need to stack in raid to make a zerg strat work this week, without an extra reset worth of gear)

Fire Mage execute, for eg, lets them do their entire rotation under -30% with full mobility and DPS will go up a bit, but certainly not enough to carry the raid zerg strat or warrant stacking mages etc. Curious about how much warrior dps spikes with their executes etc