Poll: Which potential future Allied Race would you anticipate the most?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I dont want anymore allied races, give us more races, please stop with allied :S

Some mentioned it already above, but most people here seem to ignore it -

Allied Races are not "random" fan-favorite choices at this point, but races we actively engage with in the story, races that have a reason to ally themselves with us at that point in the story.

So for Alliance, the obvious choice coming with 8.2 would be some sort of Mechagnomes or an offshoot of that, like Junkers.
    For Horde, Giblins maybe. Seems fitting to give both factions a "tiny" race.

Assumign the above, and looking at the overall roster of Allied Races, we're getting close to having one Allied Race for every "base" race. Worgen, Pandaren and Undead are still falling short. But Worgen are basically already an offshoot of Humans (plus a Curse), and Pandaren are dual-faction. Undead, well, they are "just" decaying humans. There are no obvious choices for either of these races.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol maybe new allied races is not he answer. The game has more issues on a fundamental level, I don't care what allied race you put in, right now, I see the game as boring and messed up. An allied race won't change anything. Boralus is still Boralus, if you feel me.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    I dont want anymore allied races, give us more races, please stop with allied :S
    And what exactly is the difference? Some 1-10 story? Or that you actually need to play the game to get them?

Last Races they did, Worgen and Goblin, didn't even get an accessible capital city or anything like that, and all that makes them different is the first 20 levels (of which only 10 are actually relevant, after that they go to old leveling zones).

Instead of 1-10 story, you get a story line to unlock them. And the last one I did, Dark Irons, was actually pretty lengthy, and quite a bit more fun then some 1-10 leveling in Worgen-country.

And for the unlock ... if you actually played BfA at all, you'll get the 8.1.5 Allied Race for your faction basically for free. The requirements is something anyone that played for at least a month or maybe 2 should just have already.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-02-07 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    They also said Classic Servers will never happen. The players were right, they were wrong. There is nothing in the world with less credibility than a "Never" from Blizzard.
    That is probably the worst example you could have possibly used...

Classic only happened because Blizzard wanted to capitalize on that market, instead of people playing for free on private servers. It had absolutely nothing to do with Blizzard listening to player feedback.

Naga have been a hostile race since Vanilla, have a design that makes several armor pieces incompatible, and can't ride mounts. You might as well just make a completely new race, because the amount of changes you'd need to make so they could be functional, technically wouldn't make them "Naga" anymore.

Orges are a giant 10-15 foot race, would have countless clipping problems, and would create an even bigger problem than Tauren have when it comes to mounts. Then there's a problem with lore, and what orges would be playable. The ones originally friendly with the Horde are extremely few in numbers, and the other factions are extremely hostile to both Horde and Alliance. The ones from Draenor are also out of the question, because they're also hostile to both factions. Unless they completely retcon the lore, shrink them down by half their size, completely redo the model to be more functional as a playable race, and create a whole new model for female, they're never going to be playable.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

I don't think we will get more allied races this expansion. But I voted Ogres becasue poll doesn't include Ice Trolls. The race that has a great potential to look cool. Nice counterpart to Dark Iron Dwarves, who's hair is on fire. Ice Trolls would have hair frozen in ice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    That is probably the worst example you could have possibly used...
    Good thing it's only one of many.

Classic only happened because Blizzard wanted to capitalize on that market, instead of people playing for free on private servers. It had absolutely nothing to do with Blizzard listening to player feedback.
    What you think caused them to change their minds is entirely irrelevant to the fact that Blizzard changed their minds.

Naga
    Don't care, don't like Naga, etc.

Orges are a giant 10-15 foot race
    Some are, sure. Others we see throughout the world are smaller.

would have countless clipping problems
    Why is clipping an issue for Ogres, but not one for Tauren, the Blood Elf models, etc.? It seems like you're setting an unreasonable standard for Ogres that existing races would fail.

The ones originally friendly with the Horde are extremely few in numbers,
    The population argument is irrelevant in the post-Void Elf era.

completely redo the model to be more functional as a playable race, and create a whole new model for female, they're never going to be playable.
    A new race would require a new model? Who'd have thought?

5+ Year Old Account
    My personal favourites are Ogres, but especially undead NEs, which are not in the list
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The population argument is irrelevant in the post-Void Elf era.
    The devs will cherry pick this fact though. While they gave us Void Elves, they also used this same argument to justify the decision to never add High Elves. At least Ion mentioned it iirc

The devs will do what they want to do. If they want to add ogres they will, regardless of world building.

Hozen can't be on the list. Lore wise, they don't live to be all that old at all. I think they only ever live to be 14-15 with 20 being a rarity. Because of this, they are highly immature and have next to no skills.

Other then that, I would assume mecha-gnomes or iron dwarfs would come about eventually. Maybe the Earthen. Im still rooting for Ethrels. Jinyu would be neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is clipping an issue for Ogres, but not one for Tauren, the Blood Elf models, etc.? It seems like you're setting an unreasonable standard for Ogres that existing races would fail.
    If you weren't selective taking things I said out of context in a flimsy attempt to form a counter-argument, you'd see I already explained in the sentence literally right before the one you're quoting, why orges would have more clipping issues than the other races...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you weren't selective taking things I said out of context in a flimsy attempt to form a counter-argument, you'd see I already explained in the sentence literally right before the one you're quoting, why orges would have more clipping issues than the other races...
    Yeah, I was kind of hoping you'd actually make a case for that, rather than just expecting me to accept your claim at face value.

And I really can't help but notice that, for someone who's so quick to trot out phrases like "flimsy attempt to form a counter-argument," you've completely dropped your other points. I wonder why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    The devs will cherry pick this fact though. While they gave us Void Elves, they also used this same argument to justify the decision to never add High Elves. At least Ion mentioned it iirc

The devs will do what they want to do. If they want to add ogres they will, regardless of world building.
    Void Elves are literally just blood elves who choose to embrace the Void. As long as there are Blood Elves, there can be Void Elves... You seem to forget that orges are not native to Azeroth, and don't have nearly the numbers as Blood Elves, even after Arthas razed Silvermoon.

Trying to use Void Elves as a means to dismiss the "population argument" for other races that have historically been few in numbers, is just an invalid argument...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I was kind of hoping you'd actually make a case for that, rather than just expecting me to accept your claim at face value.

And I really can't help but notice that, for someone who's so quick to trot out phrases like "flimsy attempt to form a counter-argument," you've completely dropped your other points. I wonder why?
    Yah, your wishfully thinking and inability to read is not an argument. Sorry pal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yah, your wishfully thinking and inability to read is not an argument. Sorry pal.
    "inability to read?" Again, please demonstrate how Ogres would have more clipping issues than existing models. That's the only argument you have left since the nonsense about population numbers and 10-15ft. Ogres was debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Ogres and Naga are possible as a full on new race, which could happen for the next expac if BFA is indeed that bad.

High Elves are even less likely imo
    see, high elves are very unlikely, since they already went through the trouble of making a spite race for people that wanted them.

but you let ol' daddy dollar start to become a little scarce, and you'll see that spite melt into desperation.

- - - Updated - - -

also, with that poll up now, it's hard to choose between taunka and broken.

the taunka were fucking amazing, and should have happened instead of highmountain. roanauk icemist was a goddamned super saiyan, flying around and one shotting shitloads of undead, yet we literally never see him ever again after we bring him into the horde.

so yeah, taunka i think. broken are dope, but taunka are just fucking cool.

Void Elves are literally just blood elves who choose to embrace the Void. As long as there are Blood Elves, there can be Void Elves... You seem to forget that orges are not native to Azeroth, and don't have nearly the numbers as Blood Elves, even after Arthas razed Silvermoon.

Trying to use Void Elves as a means to dismiss the "population argument" for other races that have historically been few in numbers, is just an invalid argument..
    That's not true at all. There are a fixed number of Void Elves in the lore, just like how there's a fixed number of Wrath DKs in the lore. Every single void elf goes through the same questline, just like DKs. If the Ogres follow this system there would have to be a fixed number of them.

Again, I said that the Void Elves AREN'T a good argument because the devs have no consistency in their justification on what they do. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing. It's just what they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Satyrs

/10char
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    and don't have nearly the numbers as Blood Elves, even after Arthas razed Silvermoon.
    [Citation Needed]

Trying to use Void Elves as a means to dismiss the "population argument" for other races that have historically been few in numbers, is just an invalid argument...
    "Everything that debunks my braindead points is an invalid argument because of [insert uncited claim] or [insert special pleading]!!"

who care until dk can participate to the party too :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really love Sethrak (Alliance), Jinyu, or Mechagnomes. I want something that isn't fleshy or furry, as I feel we have quite a bit of those and a reptillian/amphibian or mechanical race would be something new to WoW.

I think we may see those deep-sea Jinyu post 8.2 depending on how the story goes. Ankoan, I think Blizzard is calling them? They have mentioned that their population is beyond recovery so perhaps that was their hint at saying they aren't going to be an allied race, but who knows?