Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Liam Neeson Controvery

So actor Liam Neeson is under fire online because of perceived "racist" comments.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47133868

The gist of it?

When Liam was younger, he found out a friend was raped. He asked her for details about the identity of the rapist. He asked her what race he was, to which she said black.
    In his anger, he proceeds to go out into the streets, particularly black populated areas, armed trying to fight someone that would come up to his face. Apparently he did this 4 or 5 times over the course of a week and half.

Ensue online social media witch hunt/crusade.

I first came across this 20 mins ago due to a fb page of someone else, who posted a link to a different article and interview:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...hIXqo2azxUIUyE

The interviewed man in the above comes to Liam's defense. However, what bugs me in his remarks is the following:

"This is what society has wrongly shown him, this is what the media has wrongly portrayed to him so in that moment - he said for a week - he was going around looking to 'kill a black person, or a black' and he did that in quotation marks."

Unless I missed it in Liam's comments or something, where did this man take this idea from? Where did he get the notion that Liam wanted to get jumped by a black person because he was socially ingrained to think black people were all rapists and violent individuals? Liam simply did so because that was one of two main identifiers about the alleged rapist.

What bugged me even further is how some people are saying that this speaks to our racist and patriarchal societies that are supported by institutions, politicians and what not. Not only that, but that Neeson is the mixture of racism, misogyny, white supremacy that underpins most of our societies. No joke, I've seen this posted and people agreeing to it.

And because I know of the risk someone will accuse me or others of being easily outraged, that's fair, you could say that. Identity politics related subjects and controversies interest me. The part that gets my blood boiling is the apparent smugness of one said, in that, they're so sure of their moral superiority grounded on their siding with a seemingly victimized person/group, that they seem absolutely certain there is no criticism to be made of their position.

@Josuke , yes man I know there's an element of racism to this thread which will promt you to make a comment exactly about that and report the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Liam went out looking to pick a fight with the same general populace from which the man who raped his friend came from.

A rash, pigheaded, generally stupid thing to do - racially targeted but not racially motivated.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    So RACISM is the issue here, but not him looking for people to beat/kill?

People nowadays....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Pretty sure if he was a racist, he wouldn't go out on an interview and tell everyone that about this. Just sounds like he was talking about how he did something stupid in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

People nowadays....

Pretty much

People nowadays....
    Welcome to new America, where what you think is more damning than what you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Don't trust the media at all.

white guy says something racist blah blah, thats all they have to try sell a story or get a click.

black guy attacks black guy? LOL NO STORY DON'T BOTHER people want some racism to make themselves feel like a true SJW.

10+ Year Old Account

People nowadays....
    The racism charge likely stems from Liam's intention to specifically get into a fight with a black person.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    a white man who admits he literally went out for a week or more looking for a black man to murder

internet dopes : neeson is the real vicim here
    I think the real victim is the woman raped by the black guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    a white man who admits he literally went out for a week or more looking for a black man to murder

internet dopes : neeson is the real vicim here
    Black is the identifier that enables his wrongful pursuit. It's not out of hatred for black people. He also states that he would've done it regardless of race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah never been a fan before this simply because his movies kind suck like Steven Seagal esk. But now knowing the guys a racist I’m good on passing in the future. Although him Mel Gibson and Gary Oldman should do a film together Clint Eastwood can direct.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I think the real victim is the woman raped by the black guy
    Because it was a black man?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Black is the identifier that enables his wrongful pursuit. It's not out of hatred for black people. He also states that he would've done it regardless of race.
    No it doesn’t just like if she said he wore MAGA Hat.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-02-07 at 08:33 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Because it was a black man?

- - - Updated - - -

No, because she was raped...

There was a 9 minute interview of John Barnes by Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby that was available for a few hours and now it's gone. He (John Barnes, a famous black ex-footballer in the UK) explains better than anyone why what Neeson said is actually worthy of applaud and why people shouldn't a) ignore context and b) select snippets of a full interview in order to become "enraged". Hint: Neeson was using himself as a young man as an example of what NOT to be, how NOT to think and why one shouldn't let themselves get possessed by this vengeful rage that his film character has.

It was hilarious. What kind of a retard would say this to a journalist.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I'm not at all surprised that he went around 1970s Northern Ireland for a week and not find a black person

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    There was a 9 minute interview of John Barnes by Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby that was available for a few hours and now it's gone. He (John Barnes, a famous black ex-footballer in the UK) explains better than anyone why what Neeson said is actually worthy of applaud and why people shouldn't a) ignore context and b) select snippets of a full interview in order to become "enraged". Hint: Neeson was using himself as a young man as an example of what NOT to be, how NOT to think and why one shouldn't let themselves get possessed by this vengeful rage that his film character has.
    I posted the link to that interview on the OP, and I find one of Barnes' remarks... confusing.

15+ Year Old Account

People nowadays....
    It was 40+ years ago and everyone is ignoring the his whole point which revenge doesn’t work hell its even the title of the article with the interview is "Liam Neeson interview: Rape, race and how I learnt revenge doesn’t work" but sure call him on being a racist intead of reading stuff for yourselfs and just spreading shit because its what someone told you.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2019-02-07 at 08:38 PM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

I don't understand why you would even care about something someone did when they're younger if they've changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah never been a fan before this simply because his movies kind suck like Steven Seagal esk. But now knowing the guys a racist I’m good on passing in the future. Although him Mel Gibson and Gary Oldman should do a film together Clint Eastwood can direct.

Don't know what you mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    No, because she was raped...
    Because Liam Neeson said so. The same guy who convinced and convicted some random black guy but couldn’t find any. Yeah and no.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Because Liam Neeson said so. The same guy who convinced and convicted some random black guy but couldn’t find any. Yeah and no.
    So he just lied about his friend being raped? I'm not sure what you are claiming.