Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post
    At the moment Warfronts is like a way easier verison of LFR but my point is blizz can work on it to make it where the enemy team dont just sit back and wait to be raped. Hell i was in a group that contains mostly bots and the other side sent team after team to take back the stuff i took it was only when i realised i was in a team full of bots i bailed but still the fact the other side actually tried to take back things we took tells me even in easy mode you can still lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Then what do you want from this game?

I talked about scaling difficulty where warfronts could be improved upon

If fighting against a enemy castle makes you yawn then i dont know what more to say.
    I wasn't fighting an enemy castle. I sat in the mines mining ore or going around cutting trees for most of it and then I literally stood around for 10 minutes waiting for the catapults to arrive and for the gates HP to reach 0 and then we just zerged the boss and its over. And I could literally solo and waves that came as Ret in a 40 man instance since it was so easy.That is the warfront experience. It should have just been a scenario you do once and that's it (since it's not PVP).. not an expansion feature.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-02-12 at 08:29 PM.

The OP might be right,... unfortunately, tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can surely be improved, mostly by:

- Bigger size, go 40man, to have a more epic battlefield.
    - More fast paced. There is currently too much waittime. There need to be more constant action.
    - More events and things happening at random. To make every battle more unique.
    - PvP version, basically old AV styled. Don't make pvp standard though.
    - Better rewards! Doing a warfront for 20-30min to get a gear 30ilvls below your current equipped sucks.

I think one thing they could do for warfronts is maybe add some ways to get bonuses which give better loot at the end. Say two or three different possible bonuses which could just be a matter of completing certain goals in a certain amount of time which gives +5ilvl to the loot you get for each one. That and some major game play changes which don't make it feel like you are spending most of your time just gathering iron or wood. Right now they are a horrible way to spend 30 minutes.

I think one thing players have to remember is that Warfronts are "queued" content, like LFR, but there's no way to implement determination in place, so it's like easier than LFR, more like a random heroic (and at the first significant side of loss, people would just AFK out like in regular bgs, starting a vicious cycle)

A potential Warfront rework would have to figure out a way around this

They are the first implementation

Thats like saying Molten Core gives a bad first impression for raiding.
    Terrible analogy.

Molten Core was the first implementation of raiding, yes. But it was also at a time where there really wasn't much in the way of LARGE scale group content in a game that wasn't that old.

Warfronts are the first implementation of an idea that combines LFR and a place like Isle of Conquest, mixed with a slight MOBA feel. If this was done at the same time as Molten Core where they didn't have a lot of experience with group content and the like, I might give you a pass. But they released them, what? 14 YEARS after the game came out and they had at least 13 YEARS of large scale large group content. They knew how people felt about group content with the difficulty of LFR. They knew how people felt about MOP scenarios being boring after the first run through where you could take anyone because role didn't matter because it was so piss easy. They literally took all the shitty parts of LFR, MOP scenarios and the BGs most people hate the most and rolled it all into one system.

I will agree with you that the IDEA of Warfronts is great. The implementation is HORRIBLE and given the experience and feedback they have had about similar systems and pieces of content, there is no excuse for them releasing these implemented in this terrible state.

The greatest idea in the world is meaningless if you cannot implement it correctly.

Yes, the pinnacle of WoW is getting to be a peon for 30 minutes and trying not to die of shear boredom.

That's why I quit. Waiting for Blizzard to make WoW fun again.

Imo Warfront would be great if they weren't major facerolls

How so?

I love when people post comments like that and dont back up any argument to follow threw.
    Warfronts are a snorefest, not challenging at the slighest and can not lose. All it is just unfulfilling way of getting gear. Hopefully heroic warfronts will make them better but once for the reward is all i can stomach and possibly a lot of other people as well.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Warfronts is the greatest idea in BfA

I make no bones this is the only feature i do right now but lets talk about this to its bear bones.

How many times in WoW have you felt being a part of a sieging army fighting against a castle?
    Wintergrasp.

How many times did you feel you was fighting in a huge army fighting across a real battle field that wasnt pvp based?
    Sounds like glorified raid trash. But to answer I guess the beginning of Dragon Soul sorta? I suppose SoO could be too once you get to Orgrimmar. Again, glorified raid trash.

Warfronts is awesome and certainly they are easy now cause this is just the first implementation of it but tell me this cant be improved upon?
    I don't care. There was already something better ten years ago. Wintergrasp. Why are we going backwards?

We can have pvp warfront battles like this where we need to gather real resources where that actually matters and where battles might take more than 30 minutes.
    We already had that. It was Wintergrasp.

We can have scaling sets of difficulty where with AI tech the other side dont derp but can actually check your moves and if your king or queen (i know they aint that but we all know what i mean) dies it means the end and you need to reset to start over for good rewards that mean something.
    That's something that falls on the shoulders of the "new" AI they are trying to develop (which honestly Faction Champs are also ten years old and worked almost the same with less spastic jumping) not because of Warfronts. What you are describing right now would just be IoC vs AIs.

Islands expeditions has been a bust but warfronts is truly a feature where i truly felt i was fighting a war and i want to see more of this not just more raids with bosses just waiting to be raped.
    I agree in that diversifying content is a good idea. But the main issue will be like now, that rewards will be all over the place in power and just anger the playerbase.

Warfronts are the future of WOW
    Oh I hope you are wrong. Content we had ten years ago is better than this.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Erm iam not sure what game you are playing but in pvp battlegrounds you can lose just like in warfronts if blizz wants to scale difficulty.

You see in warfronts the goal is to kill the enemy commander and the otherside can totally do that. The problem is difficulty scale but blizz can fix that.
    You can lose in the warfronts? You have to be really bad to lose in there,you know? Like REALLY BAD. In the real battleground,it depends on the skill of the people,not on the skill of pulling the mobs and AoE them down. Warfronts is a feature for the people,who want to fight the other faction,but are too scared to fight the actual players of the opposite faction. So,they give you the mobs you can 3 shot and make you feel good about fighting the "faction war".

Honestly, they're just the third worst thing in BfA. Island Expeditions and Azerite take 2nd and 1st place. They're the least worst feature of BfA. "Greatest idea" is an euphemism.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Don't worry about difficulty, soon there will be different difficulties
    1 - Lf warfronts
    2 - Normal warfronts
    3 - Heroic warfronts
    4 - Mythic warfronts
    5 - Mythic+ warfronts
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Pvp warfronts are what we need. Just copy and paste that design to whatever area you want and enjoy the epicness. Right now Player vs NPC is wayyyyy too predictable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a troll thread probably, but two things aka my opinions:

Warfronts were really great for first two tries but then you find yourself staying near fortress and waiting for a fight with last boss for like... 5 mins? Okay... there is no room for exploring, there is zero x-factor, there is literally nothing (like secret drops or soemthing), you can fight for a rare but i still dont know the purpose of "getting free that three goblins in arathi". Its not user friendly, its boring.

Darkshore is even worse, in war theme its yeah, you slowly advance to the enemy base and kill the leader, its more like "warfront" than the arathi, but... But its super boring v.2.0

Islands. I loved islands, i spamed islands because i love unsolved mysteries, i loved hunting certain rares, there was a room for some exploring, not to bang random mobs... Bu then Blizzard decided to make it "easier" and islands lost its x-factor, feel of exploring, spamming for atleast doubloons, they even cut the droprate, man, I spent around 1k coins to boost my completion, but now... I barely can farm more than 200, haha.

Blizzard can make awesome thing and blast it in a moment, I was a big fan of islands, now I dont even want to farm it again, only 8 islands per week on two chards because treasure map and stuff, ya know? thats it.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

i honestly think warfronts would be better if it was 4x5 people instead of 1x20 people.

being in a big group just makes it too anonymous, what you do doesnt feel like it matters, etc. nobody really cares if 1 or 2 afk, etc.

but if you were 4 parties, and each party got its own objectives, spreading out and coming together at the key battles i think the whole thing would feel a lot more organic.

warfronts should be more like dungeons, but with more then one party in the dungeon that you occasionally run into. instead of the tourist mode LFR esque thing it is now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You can't lose in warfronts. How is that supposed to be engaging?

That's modern gaming in the eyes of AAA companies : impossible to fail, casual and repetitive. The remaining WoW playerbase is only interested in collecting useless cosmetic stuff anyway.
    Yp, some ppl have actually lost including Bellular and Swifty cuz ppl was afk in there

We have a seige type warfront that is actually fun called Wintergrasp, and, quite frankly ,I wish Stormguarde and Darkshore were actually against other players instead of AI.

Warfronts, like every other easymode content in the game, need to be changed to provide a challenge. It should be possible to lose a warfront while actually trying hard to win it. The only reason to make it easy is for accessiblity, which is what has been killing the game slowly since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Warfronts, like every other easymode content in the game, need to be changed to provide a challenge. It should be possible to lose a warfront while actually trying hard to win it. The only reason to make it easy is for accessiblity, which is what has been killing the game slowly since 2008.
    It is possible to lose a warfront, especially if enough go afk.