Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If Bernie is running then I will vote for him, think he should run on the Green Party ticket though
    That..would be political suicide for any presidential run.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    no, like i said, another "centrist" is the last thing we need. we need someone who will actually fight to get shit done, and isnt pro-corporate.

- - - Updated - - -

Sanders is only 5 years older than Trump...
    So far every candidate is a pro-corporate centrist except Warren and Sanders (and Warren is not the same senator she was 4 years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    One of the greatest moments of my life was election night 2016 when Hilary threw a temper-tantrum and locked herself in her room and cried herself to sleep, hearing her genuine tears as her ballet of lies finally came tumbling down, it almost made made all that suffering worth it
    ...so, you're saying you're responsible for Dumbass Dump and everything he did, because "It may have hurt Hillary's feelings" and everything he's doing to destroy this country and where you live is worth it because "you didn't like Hillary".

Fucking mental illness right here.

Also, mods, please lock this thread - it's nothing but a flamethread, and there's already an existing thread on Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    So far every candidate is a pro-corporate centrist except Warren and Sanders (and Warren is not the same senator she was 4 years ago)
    I would probably say only Sanders, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...so, you're saying you're responsible for Dumbass Dump and everything he did, because "It may have hurt Hillary's feelings" and everything he's doing to destroy this country and where you live is worth it because "you didn't like Hillary".

Also, mods, please lock this thread - it's nothing but a flamethread, and there's already an existing thread on Bernie.
    "Lock the post" he says "It's a flamethread" he says... as he flames people...

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    That..would be political suicide for any presidential run.
    Nah. Green Party will one day be mainstream. Not sure if anytime soon, though.

I'd say a good 25% of the people who voted for trump just did it in a patriarchal effort to "put a woman in her place"

- - - Updated - - -

and then youll wake up

no, like i said, another "centrist" is the last thing we need. we need someone who will actually fight to get shit done, and isnt pro-corporate.

- - - Updated - - -

He will be 79 in 2020.

Also, centrist does not mean that people will not stand up for workers. Look at the queen of boring centrists, Merkel. That is what the US needs. What you need is someone who does what they say they will do. Trump was the working mans best friend according to himself... lol

Perhaps you could snap up Merkel now that she is resigning??

and then youll wake up
    Nah. Millennials care about the environment, GP has the same ideals as Bernie Sanders has. Literally same rhetoric.

"Lock the post" he says "It's a flamethread" he says... as he flames people...
    Nope, I'm pointing out his responsibility for electing Dump, and you already know that - you just don't like the fact that I'm right. ^_^

The Green Party would only acquire influence in the political process if we did away with the Senate (which we should, considering people in Montana have more influence than people in California and Texas over things like judicial appointments) and just had a House of Representatives.

THey will not, they are a one issue party with the intention of making themselves obsolete.

The problem with Sanders is that while he might only be slighly older, he looks like he is about to fall apart in the next 5 minutes. Having seen how the job aged Obama and others before him, not many will believe he will be able to make it.

considering my money per year and month has gone up since Trump took office, its a no brainer for me. Could care less about what the media says about him, what I do care about is my paycheck.

I don't think anyone could convince me in any way that Clinton should run again.

It's not because she would be bad, it's because she would do nothing at all once elected, and she is politically clueless. (either intentionally or unintentionally)

No sane person could argue AGAINST medicare-for-all in a democratic primary today, and I'm positive she would anyway, or at least pretend to support it, then pivot in the general.
    I'd probably vote for Trump if Clinton tried to run again.

Nope, I'm pointing out his responsibility for electing Dump, and you already know that - you just don't like the fact that I'm right. ^_^
    He isn't responsible, no single voter decides a national election. Also saying someone has a mental illness is probably flaming them, even if it's true.

So democratic of you to say the thread should be locked because you don't like the discussion going on inside of it. Just face it, the democratic party continues to devour themselves. It's funny how badly the left controls their emotions anymore, everything is offensive...and if it's offensive we need to censor it! It's hilarious how the left calls the right nazi's but the right have done nothing to take peoples rights away like the left continues to try to do every year.

I was going to vote for Bernie in 2016 and then he just let the democratic party step all over him. He didn't fight back against their unfair treatment of him. He let a bunch of BLM protesters come up and steal the microphone away from him to sprout racist rhetoric. And then after all of this HE ENDORSED HILARY! That's what sealed it for me. Bernie is all talk and no action. He is weak and can not be a leader. I refused to vote for Hilary or Trump in 2016 but seeing how the left continues to get crazier and crazier each year I'm likely going to end up voting for Trump in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by lasheric View Post
    considering my money per year and month has gone up since Trump took office, its a no brainer for me. Could care less about what the media says about him, what I do care about is my paycheck.
    It's very foolish to assume your paycheck has anything to do with who's in office at the time. Unless, of course, you're a minimum wage employee and the person in office raises or lowers the minimum wage.

The Green Party would only acquire influence in the political process if we did away with the Senate (which we should, considering people in Montana have more influence than people in California and Texas over things like judicial appointments) and just had a House of Representatives.
    I think that once we move towards ranked voting then third parties will have more of a voice. It's time, some states have already adopted ranked voting.

Only if you guys ever fix your broken 2 party system and we all know that won't happen, ever, with the current 2 parties in place. You'd need some apocalyptic trigger for that to happen during our life-times.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-02-19 at 11:11 PM.