Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    What part am I incorrect on then be specific.
    That the resurgence of eradicated diseases are due to immigrants and not due to people choosing not to get vaccinated.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

As soon as i see anti-vaxxer i think feminists that dont shave. But yes, we should get rid of them too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Huh? You think immigrants don't receive vaccines? That we don't have vaccinations in our home countries?
    He doesn't even know how vaccines work in respect to these diseases as he thinks that they magically don't exist in the environment anymore . In his haste to post his narrative I doubt he realizes that immigrants are far more likely to be vaccinated or at least be open to getting vaccinated than a growing number of anti-vaxxer westerners.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    That the resurgence of eradicated diseases are due to immigrants and not due to people choosing not to get vaccinated.
    Alright explain how I am wrong about it.. I'm not making a case against vaccination so perhaps that is what is confusing you. I am simply pointing out that when people say russian troll it's usually to hide a touchy social issue in this case mass immigration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright explain how I am wrong about it.. I'm not making a case against vaccination so perhaps that is what is confusing you. I am simply pointing out that when people say russian troll it's usually to hide a touchy social issue in this case mass immigration.
    I'll repeat this only once more for your benefit:

Immigration is not the reason why there is a resurgence of eradicated diseases. No touchy social issue is being hidden as that issue has little to nothing to do with the original premise. You on the other hand are trying really hard to point out a correlation between immigration and diseases (a false argument that is being floated around in the conservative echo-chambers lately).

Also it's not my job to explain why you're wrong about your own argument. I mean if you aren't even sure why you are making a spurious claim then you need to go educate yourself on the topic, not I.

I'll re-state my position.

Vaccines work, and they do not cause autism.

And they should never be mandatory.

Because f you if you think you can force people to undergo a medical procedure. Bodily autonomy > all.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

We need to just Firewall all of Russia out of the US.

100% Russian network ban. Bye Russia. Problem solved.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Most anti-vaxxers are living in Ukraine. I wonder if they just cannot afford vaccines ...

https://krytyka.com/en/ukraines-publ...d-consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    I'll re-state my position.

Vaccines work, and they do not cause autism.

And they should never be mandatory.

Because f you if you think you can force people to undergo a medical procedure. Bodily autonomy > all.
    Vaccines are only effective IF everyone who is capable of getting vaccinated does. Otherwise it defeats the whole purpose. If you also understand that vaccines work then you saying they shouldn't be mandatory makes no sense at all.

Also yeah, f the people who want to force a curative measure on a child rather than let their parents have them suffer before they die amirite? You have no clue what seeing a child suffering from diphtheria looks like.

https://www.samitivejhospitals.com/e...-for-children/

I received all that was recommended until we moved when I was a kid. In sweden I've been vaccinated as well. How are we bringing diseases again? I've in all likelihood received more than the average kid in sweden.
    Why do you think when I talk about people moving to the first world I don't count Sweden in that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I'll repeat this only once more for your benefit:

Immigration is not the reason why there is a resurgence of eradicated diseases. No touchy social issue is being hidden as that issue has little to nothing to do with the original premise. You on the other hand are trying really hard to point out a correlation between immigration and diseases (a false argument that is being floated around in the conservative echo-chambers lately).

Also it's not my job to explain why you're wrong about your own argument. I mean if you aren't even sure why you are making a spurious claim then you need to go educate yourself on the topic, not I.
    So you can't find a flaw in m logic but you are sure there is one so I should do research to find it...

You are not a very persuasion are you?

Oh the Irony

"In case of everything blame Russia!" - US motto 2015 - ...

You yourself push your society back into scaremongering and cold war hysteria. It's quite amusing.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2019-02-20 at 04:57 PM.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m bored of this red scare can we move on to the next boogeyman?

What? I don't think that. I said that me, as an immigrant, is in all likelihood more vaccinated than a kid (born) in sweden. So saying we bring diseases is nonsense.

Really? You need to straw man this hard?

Shame on you.

I still remember the 2012 debate where people laughed at Romney when he said Russia was a major concern. Obama just laughed and said something like "This isnt the 80s anymore".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

First off if pointing out the state of the world as it is now qualifies as a racist act I wear the badge proudly...

Second immigrants have been found with leprosy. The notion they are vaccinated is such a fantasy I find it hard to believe you believe it. The idea beyond vaccinations shouldn't be that they are something we do till the end of time.
    No one is vaccinated against leprosy. It is not very contagious and it is extremely easy to cure. In addition the vaccines for it are not great.

Also, many Americans get leprosy. It is common among some native gopher (or something like that if I remember right) in several states and travels easily to the human population. It is actually a lot more common than people think. It is not eradicated at all even in the developed world. It just has a lot of stigma and is easily cured so people do not talk about it.

The same is true for the bubonic plague even though that is a lot more serious if you get infected.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Have you visited 4chan or reddit? Have you heard of Alex Jones? These kinds of things put Trump into the white house.

People are dumb and there are a lot of them. The internet is a tool for manipulation.
    You can't cure stupidity, unfortunately.

Not a straw man. You said we bring diseases, as if we don't have vaccination programs in our home countries and being vaccinated against more diseases than someone born in sweden.
    I said those from the third world... I don't think Sweden counts but go ahead run that strawman through makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    "In case of everything blame Russia!" - US motto 2015 - ...

You yourself push your society back into scaremongering and cold war hysteria. It's quite amusing.
    You know whats worse than a Calm Dragon, ... a Scared Hysterical Threatened Dragon.

Seriously... No one wants to see what happens when America freaks out and starts World War 3.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can't find a flaw in m logic but you are sure there is one so I should do research to find it...

You are not a very persuasion are you?
    What logic!? My statement is based on facts and statistical figures along with a deep understand of how vaccines work, not the next idiotic conservative agenda you are clearly trying to push. Logic doesn't work the way you seem to think it works, hate to break it to you.

Also kindly at least have the courtesy of constructing sentences as if English is your first language .

- - - Updated - - -

I said those from the third world... I don't think Sweden counts but go ahead run that strawman through makes you look good.
    Judging by your comment history you seem to be fond of throwing around that word even though it's obvious you have no idea what a straw-man argument is. Either you are trolling or are pretty bad at arguing pretty much anything.