Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGodPleaseNo View Post
    She's 19, she was still part of isis at 18 and 19.

She isn't coming back anyway so it's a pointless debate but she was still committing a crime as an adult.

- - - Updated - - -

Do sent matter if what Bangladesh says, we only need to belive she can claim it. If Bangladesh refuses its them breaking the law.

read the 1981 British nationality act, I posted it 3 times.
    She is not able to claim citizenship, because Bangladesh has revoked any potential claim for her. And her child is still british. So... the UK is kind of stuck with her, unless, they attempt to fuck up and create an enormous human right clusterfuck.
    Last edited by josykay; 2019-02-21 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    She is not able to claim citizenship, because Bangladesh has revoked any potential claim for her. And her child is still british. So... the UK is kind of stuck with her, unless, they attempt to fuck up and creat an enormous human right clusterfuck.
    Look up bangladeshi citizenship laws.

Is Shamima Begum entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship?
    B y Clive Coleman, BBC legal correspondent

Lawyers have told the BBC that under Bangladesh law, a UK national born to a Bangladeshi parent is automatically a Bangladeshi citizen - a dual national - but the Bangladeshi authorities assert that's not the case for Ms Begum.

Under this "blood line" law, Bangladeshi nationality and citizenship lapse when a person reaches the age of 21, unless they make active efforts to retain it.

So, it is Ms Begum's age, 19, that is likely - in part - to have given Home Office lawyers and the home secretary reassurance there was a legal basis for stripping her of her UK citizenship.

In 2017, the government lost an appeal case brought by two British citizens of Bangladeshi origin who were stripped of their citizenship when they were abroad.

The Special Immigration Appeals Commission ruled that E3 and N3 had not tried to retain their citizenship before they reached the age of 21, and so it had automatically lapsed.

That meant that the decision to strip them of their UK citizenship had rendered them stateless.

Ms Begum's case is different. Her Bangladeshi citizenship, if established, would remain intact until she reaches 21, even if she has never visited the country or made active efforts to retain her citizenship.

Source https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...mp/uk-47312207

Bangladesh can posture all they want, but under there law they already consider her a citizen untill she's 21.

Read the laws relevant to the nations involved befor you pass comment on nations you don't understand please. Its tireing having to past in laws just to educate people more than capable of educating themselves.

Just because you don't like something, or think it's immoral doesn't mean we can't do it.

This is a matter that doesn't concern you and you have no say in anyway. So but out and let's deal with our terrorists under our laws.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-02-21 at 02:45 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So just chop the heads of of those brainwashed, while the brainwashers are laughing, while waiting for the next generation to brainwash? Problem solved!
    Or let them back in and be all pissed off at the government when they blow a bus filled with people to hell. That's much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Not saying the kid should be abandoned. The kid is innocent. She however commited a very unforgivable crime in my eyes.
    What should happen is she comes back. Charged with the crimes she committed after age of majority

Quote Originally Posted by EveningStandard
    Jeremy Corbyn says ISIS bride must receive 'support' and be brought back to the UK

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/s...-a4073081.html
    of course he does
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
    "She has a right to return to Britain, on that return she must obviously face a lot of questions about everything she has done and at that point any action may or may not be taken."

Under what possible reasoning or course of events should no action be taken?
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-02-21 at 03:27 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    of course he does
    /sigh
    What is Corbyn supposed to say? "No we do abandon our citizens, and let them rot in the desert, and do not give a fuck, that a toddler, who is a british citizen might die?" But well, he was also critisized for not wanting to nuke people.

She let go of her rights as a british citizen when she joined a fanatic terrorist organisation out of her own volition

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Being a minor doesn't excuse treason. Besides how did she get to Syria to begin with? She knew damn well what she was getting into.
    Of course it doesn't. But a prison sentence is more than enough. Also, generally speaking, capital punishment for treason is unusual is not allowed in european nations either. So I do not get the thirst for blood, that would demonstrate a plain violation of laws, the state is supposed to uphold.

What is Corbyn supposed to say? "No we do abandon our citizens, and let them rot in the desert, and do not give a fuck, that a toddler, who is a british citizen might die?" But well, he was also critisized for not wanting to nuke people.
    I feel there's a line there somewhere to hit between "let them rot in the desert" and "we need to support her and then may or may not even take any action against her"

I'm still wondering under what possible circumstances action WOULDNT be taken against her.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-02-21 at 04:01 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Ship her to Bangladesh imo.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Also the standards for treason are exceedingly high.
    its is and being abroad during crimes is usually a good reason nobody will claim treason at court. you just cannot betray your own country this way.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    being 15 and stupid is getting a piercing/tatoo without your parents knowing
    being 15 and stupid is taking your dads car out to impress your friends without them knowing and only for you to damage it in the process
    being 15 and stupid is kissing that boy in class whose a rebel and a bad influence
    being 15 and stupid is lighting up and getting drunk while also making a twat of yourself
    being 15 and stupid is taking up your friends on stupid dares which get you in trouble with your superiors
    being 15 and stupid is having sex at a young age
    being 15 and stupid is taking a long ass road trip and losing all your money and having to call your parents for help.
    being 15 and stupid is having no responsibility and no care

being 15 and stupid is NOT running off out of the country and joining a militant terrorist group and turning traitor. Unless this is a new millennial thing that's all the rage these days and that I am just so unaware of it. :P
    This.

Let her find her own way back. No lives should be risked to go get her. And if she does make it back, she should have to face consequences. You don't just stroll back into your old life as if nothing happened after you willingly ran off, betrayed your county, and joined/ran around with a terrorist organization for 4+ years.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean you obviously need to directly harm your country.
    this ! treason claims may also fail because ISIS was not a state in the usual sense and therefore you were not "at war" with your own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    This.

Let her find her own way back. No lives should be risked to go get her. And if she does make it back, she should have to face consequences. You don't just stroll back into your old life as if nothing happened after you willingly ran off, betrayed your county, and joined/ran around with a terrorist organization for 4+ years.
    What if she actually does make it back there, perhaps under the radar, and manage (before or after release from prison according to how the stealthing went) to spread her virulent, hateful ideology and perhaps even carry out an attack?
    What stops the secret services from doing their job, such as making a terrible accident happen to her, or just downright suicide or vanish her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

What do british laws say regarding making a person stateless? That's really what I'm wondering here because she's born British and have only had a British citizenship to this day no?

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperOwnz View Post
    What do british laws say regarding making a person stateless? That's really what I'm wondering here because she's born British and have only had a British citizenship to this day no?
    It is illegal, to make a person stateless. The UK attempts to claim, that she would have Bangalish Citizenship, making her not stateless, but so far Bangalesh has said "NOPE!". Also, her child is a british national...

Sadly, but I am amused at all this. Both the outrage (so much of it fake) and how the countries are squirming to avoid any responsibility. After all, politicians care about being reelected...
    Plus the whole stateless thing, gonna laugh if the British (and USA's too, for that matter) goverment cannot prove they have dual citizenships. That's gonna be fun.
    P.S.
    I also could ask why all the special services failed to notice and stop the radicalisation, why 15 year olds could even get to Syria without guardians in the first place, or how teen psychology and brainwashing works (with adding stuff from annals of history), but, alas, such things would not be taken kindly there

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    What if she actually does make it back there, perhaps under the radar, and manage (before or after release from prison according to how the stealthing went) to spread her virulent, hateful ideology and perhaps even carry out an attack?
    What stops the secret services from doing their job, such as making a terrible accident happen to her, or just downright suicide or vanish her?
    It's the UK not Russia.

no-one would betray Russia and try come home, poisoned/shot within 24 hours of return "accidentally" of course.

The terrorist herself: 'I don't regret coming here', 'severed head didn't haze me, I thought of what would the guy do to Muslim womynz if he had a chance'

These forums: 'look at the nuances, you peasants with torches and pitchforks, maybe she changed and doesn't pose a threat'

Nice to see people jumping to defend human scum who willingly joined one of the worst terrorist groups out there, and supported (if not participated) in murder of tens of thousands of people, and only wants out now that her terrorist buddies are about to get wiped out.

Much better to see UK growing balls and letting the scum suffer the consequences of her choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    It's the UK not Russia.

no-one would betray Russia and try come home, poisoned/shot within 24 hours of return "accidentally" of course.
    The correct terminology is the bullet went accidentally on purpose in their general exact direction. While on vacation.