Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Or they could just have two factions, one called the Horde and the other called the Alliance and people who don’t like that rivalry or want to be able to kill everybody can go play other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Lol can't join dungeons. Just remove factions, it's hurting the game more than helping. Make WPvP FFA, make your guild/group your only friends, destroy all capital and implement guild housing. I guess there could be one big capital where people can mislick each other and get fucked by guards.
    Jesus, if you want WoW dead so much just ask them to unplug the servers. No need to be so vindictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Jesus, if you want WoW dead so much just ask them to unplug the servers. No need to be so vindictive.
    Explain to me how having no faction imbalance for all aspects of the game and more people to fight in pvp/wpvp in a more balanced way would kill WoW?

Because that's all it would do, there's no negative to my suggestion. Not to mention it would actually make this fucking badly written piece of shit story move forward instead of run around in circle doing the same "we friend but not really friend" clownery.

Factions are the cancer of WoW. Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh that was just an idea. I think that simply dropping the faction divide for pve or at least for instanced pve is more than enough. And it is so weird for people to keep claiming that it goes against the story because the factions are at war when we have had mercenary mode for three expansions now. If it is NOT weird for people to play cross faction for PvP of all things, why on earth is it for PvE?
    i would wager most PVPers are considered with a good PVP match where as in PVE you have people that want to keep the RPG part alive, including faction conflict/divide. i would be one of those PVE types. No way i ever want horde in my party, or to be part of a new single faction wow. I don't even care for the current raid due to the forced play as the opposite faction
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

You are going to get this in a way. There will be the Alliance and the no faction group formerly the Horde. Sylvanas is going to fuck off to the Death Lands screeching about how this realm belongs to her and her alone bailing on the Horde. The Alliance and faction leaders of the former Horde races will all be standing there staring dumbfounded. Bwonsambi: Did she just...
    Bolvar: Yep.
    Helya: NOOO! WE HAD A DEAL!
    Bwonsambi to Talanji: SHOULD HAVE KILLED HER WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE! But nooooooooo! Nobody listens to old Bwonsambi! Now we got to deal with dis bullshit! Oh fuck off Baine! I say what I want!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol can't join dungeons. Just remove factions, it's hurting the game more than helping. Make WPvP FFA, make your guild/group your only friends, destroy all capital and implement guild housing. I guess there could be one big capital where people can mislick each other and get fucked by guards.
    This guy played UO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

A 3rd faction will never happen because Blizzard has a massive hard on for their faction war bullshit.

There are private servers that allow you to play pve content with mixed horde and alliance groups and its pretty good. Everyone can play their favourite race without the boundaries of factions. And I think it might be very healthy for WoW because with 2 factions you just split your playerbase in half. Nobody cares about the lore anyway.

Unfortunately factions changes generate a shit ton of money and thats what its all about at acti-blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    This guy played UO.
    8 million years ago, all I remember is fighting eagles with my bare hands and my brother being sent to jail cuz he named his toon Bin Laden.

I don't get this reference.
    He's just one of a few faction conflict obsessed fanatics, despite faction collaboration being the main theme since WC3. Don't mind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I think the faction divide is too ingrained in the game's dna for it to really be feasible.
    Where exactly? Until BfA, then only expansion that had any focus on conflict was MoP and it too ended with factions working together. Yes, we had conflicts/skirmishes/BGs. But did any of them play into main story of expansion? Or even into big enough quest line?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    8 million years ago, all I remember is fighting eagles with my bare hands and my brother being sent to jail cuz he named his toon Bin Laden.
    Ahh stop making me nostalgic over here.

Bonus points if your brother was a bank bomb PKer with that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain to me how having no faction imbalance for all aspects of the game and more people to fight in pvp/wpvp in a more balanced way would kill WoW?

Because that's all it would do, there's no negative to my suggestion. Not to mention it would actually make this fucking badly written piece of shit story move forward instead of run around in circle doing the same "we friend but not really friend" clownery.

Factions are the cancer of WoW. Change my mind.
    Destroying all capitals like you suggested and confining everybody to one clusterfuck city, or worse, instanced guild areas, would butcher the world. Free for all PvP would make Warmode completely unplayable. Even those that usually like it would turn it off just so they could get things done.

WoW isn't designed for that kind of gameplay, nor should it be. That's the sort of shit that belongs up in survival games where the player count per server is lower.

The lag alone would be unbearable.

Destroying all capitals like you suggested and confining everybody to one clusterfuck city, or worse, instanced guild areas, would butcher the world. Free for all PvP would make Warmode completely unplayable. Even those that usually like it would turn it off just so they could get things done.

WoW isn't designed for that kind of gameplay, nor should it be. That's the sort of shit that belongs up in survival games where the player count per server is lower.

Peolpe turn it warmode off because they know one side has the advantage and if they turn it on they'll be alone vs 20+ of the opposing faction. Kill factions and this cancerous concept is gone.

Right now there's 2 capitals used by people. The current xpack city and the main faction city (for AH and people too low to be in the xpack city). I don't know about you, but I certainly don't give a fuck if my cluster of pixels runs into bank alts and lvl 34 afk dudes in orgrimar/stormwind. Doesn't make the game feel alive at all for me, it does nothing. They are more useless than NPCs, so what excites you in this? I really don't know. There's no problem in having one big capital for everyone and having guild housing would be good too, in the end it's still 2 places to hang out just like we have now, except they would both be more meaningful. So again, only positives. BTW about the "instanced" guild areas, cities are already instanced, well, sharded, so it's the same boring shit either way. If it bothers you that much, guild housing could be on an island with different guild spots but you could see people running around and have a portal zone in the middle so you would run into people all the time, happy now?

As for destroying capitals butchering the world, it depends what you do with it. It's easy to plug stories, quest, objectives, even dungeons with that. I would love a dungeon in the ruins of Ironforge where you fight scavenger dwarves living in the pits of rubbles and shit.

It all can work, you just need to think beyond the first layer of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    He's just one of a few faction conflict obsessed fanatics, despite faction collaboration being the main theme since WC3. Don't mind him.

Where exactly? Until BfA, then only expansion that had any focus on conflict was MoP and it too ended with factions working together. Yes, we had conflicts/skirmishes/BGs. But did any of them play into main story of expansion? Or even into big enough quest line?
    I don't mean that the main story of every expansion consistently focuses on the faction war. It's just baked into the game.

World PVP and all of the map objectives to fight over, and now pvp based quests/world quests for world pvp. The factions having separate stories in a lot of zones. I mean heck BFA went full ham with this. Battlegrounds being based on horde vs alliance story wise, even if they can cheat a bit with mercenaries or two of the same faction in rbgs. The way the game is structured with races and factions.

They could easily write a story that says 'okay now we're at peace.' But actually changing the way the game operates would require a severe overhaul. And not one that may ultimately be good, a lot of people like the faction rivalry.

Stop trying to splinter an already bleeding playerbase.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    DO WHAT YOU WANT 'CUZ A PIRATE IS FREE! YOU ARRRRE A PIRATE!

Not joining dungeons sounds terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peolpe turn it warmode off because they know one side has the advantage and if they turn it on they'll be alone vs 20+ of the opposing faction. Kill factions and this cancerous concept is gone.

Right now there's 2 capitals used by people. The current xpack city and the main faction city (for AH and people too low to be in the xpack city). I don't know about you, but I certainly don't give a fuck if my cluster of pixels runs into bank alts and lvl 34 afk dudes in orgrimar/stormwind. Doesn't make the game feel alive at all for me, it does nothing. They are more useless than NPCs, so what excites you in this? I really don't know. There's no problem in having one big capital for everyone and having guild housing would be good too, in the end it's still 2 places to hang out just like we have now, except they would both be more meaningful. So again, only positives. BTW about the "instanced" guild areas, cities are already instanced, well, sharded, so it's the same boring shit either way. If it bothers you that much, guild housing could be on an island with different guild spots but you could see people running around and have a portal zone in the middle so you would run into people all the time, happy now?

As for destroying capitals butchering the world, it depends what you do with it. It's easy to plug stories, quest, objectives, even dungeons with that. I would love a dungeon in the ruins of Ironforge where you fight scavenger dwarves living in the pits of rubbles and shit.

It all can work, you just need to think beyond the first layer of the idea.
    So instead of having 20+ people ganging up on them they'll have 40. Albeit they'll all be trying to murder each other too. How does that solve the issue?

Just because you don't use the capitals doesn't mean others don't. On RP servers in particular they all see wide-spread use. Even if they weren't used they still add to the feeling of Azeroth being a world with actual history behind it instead of a raiding/battleground lobby.

You're wanting a game WoW never has been nor will ever become.

So instead of having 20+ people ganging up on them they'll have 40. Albeit they'll all be trying to murder each other too. How does that solve the issue?

Just because you don't use the capitals doesn't mean others don't. On RP servers in particular they all see wide-spread use. Even if they weren't used they still add to the feeling of Azeroth being a world with actual history behind it instead of a raiding/battleground lobby.

You're wanting a game WoW never has been nor will ever become.
    If PvP is FFA it's gonna be a bunch of little fights. You're just taking the current scenario and suddenyl turn factions off, that's not how it would happen AT ALL. The moment you meet someone it would turn in a 1v1. Instead of when you see someone you run away cuz you know he's gonna call his 30 friends to come stretch your ass, goddamn boring concept.

Having the world change in meaningful ways liek capitals being destroyed can bring a lot of fun to RP as well. And that also depends on what they do with the ruins of capitals and how they build the next city. Darnasus and Undercity are gone now, RPers are doing well, don't worry, we can lose more useless capitals.

Of course I want a game WoW has never been, why the fuck would I want it to be a stagnant repetitive snoozefest?

In my opinion it'd be best done another way. You put your faction flag aside, and now you're a neutral agent who can participate in PvE and cross-faction communication. You're allowed to enter dungeons and raids with either side but you're not allowed to PvP in the open world outside of FFA areas and duels.

Seems easy to develop because that's almost exactly how it worked during the brief time that pandaren could leave Wandering Isle without picking a faction if they got high enough level. Just a bit more dungeon tech, and maybe an opt-out for nerds who don't want the other faction's races in their dungeons if that's really a huge deal for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    You should try it. ESO is my RPG fix. WoW, the raiding fix, and Anthem; my Diablo fix. They do their things really well.
    There is no value anymore for 1 game at 15$ a month when there are so many things like Game Pass or the EA Access which give you a ton more bang for your buck, Blizz needs to step it up and make all their games available for 15$ a month or they will be left in the dust, especially when Game Pass goes to all platforms in the coming months. Just because I love WoW does not mean I find value in it anymore which is sad to be honest.

Destroying all capitals like you suggested and confining everybody to one clusterfuck city
    I don't see point in that either. Just make them free for all.

Free for all PvP would make Warmode completely unplayable. Even those that usually like it would turn it off just so they could get things done.
    Let players select team red or team blue when turning WM on without binding choice to race. Done. That's pretty much how merc BGs work right now.

Simply let players select team color for PvP activities and make all PvE content, including instanced, available to anyone, while grouped with anyone else.
    When players on different team with WM on group together - for example to go to dungeon - show them orange to each other IN THE WORLD only - i.e. "hostile non-interractable" until they enter instance. Green inside. Did I cover everything?

Err... what? What difference would making everyone neutral would make to lag?

- - - Updated - - -

World PVP and all of the map objectives to fight over, and now pvp based quests/world quests for world pvp.
    See above. Just let player select arbitrary team when WM is on.

The factions having separate stories in a lot of zones. I mean heck BFA went full ham with this.
    Yeah, exactly - it's very BfA thing. Legion had exactly same content for everything except the intro portion of Stormheim and that Anduin quest. WoD - starter zones. Garrison outpost quests are pretty much mirrors of each other with slightly altered text. MoP - once again mostly different intros, but common majority of quests, etc. The only one close to BfA levels is probably Classic and Cataclysm old world.

But there's easy solution for that - make quests free for all. Oh, does it look strange that a human is helping orcs against dwarven outpost? Not any more strange than doing it on direct order of Warchief Garrosh who died waaaay before last Legion invasion.

Battlegrounds being based on horde vs alliance story wise, even if they can cheat a bit with mercenaries or two of the same faction in rbgs.
    Not in RBGs. You can join any BG as merc. And that's exactly the point - you can do it already and exactly nothing broke when we didn't gave a single fuck about this mythical "ingrained" split.

They could easily write a story that says 'okay now we're at peace.' But actually changing the way the game operates would require a severe overhaul. And not one that may ultimately be good, a lot of people like the faction rivalry.
    They don't need to write that. Factions ARE at truce with some tensions for majority of story already. Rivalry obsessed can go duke it out in PvP or simply voluntarily refuse to play other side quests.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Err... what? What difference would making everyone neutral would make to lag?
    Making everyone neutral and cramming them into one non-sanctuary city as the guy suggested would result in massive free-for-all battles. That’s not something the servers can handle. They struggle to even have 40v40 open world battles.