is there any way to leave a mission if you are downed without restarting the game?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But doesn't Warframe allow the direct purchase of new weapons and frames with real money, as well as lots of cosmetic options?
    For insane prices no less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    is there any way to leave a mission if you are downed without restarting the game?
    Not that I've seen, the downed state is pretty shit ATM. Something they've said they're looking into but who knows how that'll go.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I got a great idea for a game: Looter shooter with no character inventory. If you want to equip any new items you have to go all the way back to the hub and do it there.

Fucking. Morons.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But doesn't Warframe allow the direct purchase of new weapons and frames with real money, as well as lots of cosmetic options?
    Weapons and frames are nothing without mods but cosmetics and playstyle preference, mods are not sold directly and the best ones are hard to acquire, plus there's in-game trading of items and currencies, inluding the platinum (premium currency)

There's nothing predatory about their monetization.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Anthem microtransactions shop so far is refreshingly tame. So that's nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You believe that Warframe is a AAA quality game?
    yes

yes and you have an option to grind it yourself or buy parts to craft them from other players with ingame currency, i haven't felt pressured to buy anything with real money at any point of playing it, i just sold all shit i didn't wanted to use and bought parts for frames i'm interested in, unlike some other free to play games that pepper you with "you'd get more shit if you upgraded your account to premium!" stuff.

Selling stuff via microtranzactions isn't predatory tactic, grabbing player by his hand (figuratively speaking) and leading him into the shop is. I don't know why you are so fixated on this since it has nothing to do with anthem, it's just an example of free to play game done right
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

This is what's gonna happen in this thread. For about 6 months people are going to be like "oh any criticism is hating for the sake of it" then 6 months later most of them will have put the damn game down just like Destiny and there will be a slither of activity now and then.

Actually I'm feeling generous make it a year.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-23 at 06:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is what's gonna happen in this thread. For about 6 months people are going to be like "oh any criticism is hating for the sake of it" then 6 months later most of them will have put the damn game down just like Destiny.
    6 months?! Quite optimistic.

How long did recent failures such as Fallout 76 or Atlas stand?

My guess is that in a month nobody gives a crap about Anthem anymore. I hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    yes
    Its been nice chatting with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    6 months?! Quite optimistic.

How long did recent failures such as Fallout 76 or Atlas stand?

My guess is that in a month nobody gives a crap about Anthem anymore. I hope I'm wrong.
    Or Bless Online? Remember the people defending a game that had failed 3 times before and has a mobile phone port that looks better than the damn pc port?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is what's gonna happen in this thread. For about 6 months people are going to be like "oh any criticism is hating for the sake of it" then 6 months later most of them will have put the damn game down just like Destiny and there will be a slither of activity now and then.

Actually I'm feeling generous make it a year.
    And then they'll come out with Anthem: the expac and it'll fix everything and then people will be singing its praises!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    I got a great idea for a game: Looter shooter with no character inventory. If you want to equip any new items you have to go all the way back to the hub and do it there.

Fucking. Morons.
    While i dont like it myself...we're flying a machine...it needs to be "worked" on to change things....they should have things out in the world during free play to do this on the fly with a forge-lite system(change weapons, but not the color of your javelin...seals would be debatable). So I understand why they dont let you adjust stuff on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    While i dont like it myself...we're flying a machine...it needs to be "worked" on to change things....they should have things out in the world during free play to do this on the fly with a forge-lite system(change weapons, but not the color of your javelin...seals would be debatable). So I understand why they dont let you adjust stuff on the fly.
    Best thing for that is making striders perform the function

So what are everyones favorite weapons so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    *Game is digital -- if the service goes down, you lose everything (just look at what happened to nintendo old conzole) -- games cannot be re-downloaded and costs the same (Or even more) that at the retailer
    This is moot because of another practice where everything is online now even if its a SP game. Which is shit, but its the world we live in.

More importantly, I've never been able to play a game old enough for this to be relevant. Can't deal with old resolutions and hardware, especially when the industry is constantly churning out remastered versions of anything worth playing + brand new great games. Most games don't age well at all either, so its hard to go back.

*When you sub, you dont own any of those games. When it runs out, you lose everything and you have to rebuy it (and the sub prices can go up).
    I don't keep much of the stuff I spend money on. I went to the movies the other day and spent 30$ for the experience. I have nothing to show for it but my memories and some old popcorn which is also transient.

If I do decide I really enjoy one of those games enough to want to play it past my sub, I can buy it at a 10% discount thanks to the sub.

*You cannot re-sell the games you own digitaly (unless you sell the account you own to another person, but this is shady as hell)
    This is true, not something I would personally ever do as I've always regretted it but its true.

*Physical copys have value as you can simply re-sell them. And their prices go up the more rare they are as if some service shots down, they are the only legit way to obtain them
    This is also true, and also a thing I really don't care about. Hell I work in a comic shop on the weekends and have a collection of comics and I don't care about it in regards to these either. It'd be nice if it happened but my purchases are in no way influenced by it.

- - - Updated - - -

So what are everyones favorite weapons so far?
    Devastator because OP

Constrictor is a fun shotgun that chokes the cone if you hold down left trigger before you shoot. There's an LMG wanna say sledgehammer that's comically slow for a LMG but very heavy hitting with a unique sound which is pretty fun. Lots of guns you can straight up tell which one someone is using just by sound alone because they're all very unique.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I saw someone suggest having there be walkers around that let you into the forge in free play, thought it was a good idea. Preferably it would let you ID your loot as well and keeps you in that freeplay session. Could even have those lil events prevent you from getting to it so you have to fight your way through sometimes.

This is moot because of another practice where everything is online now even if its a SP game. Which is shit, but its the world we live in.
    How to tell someone needs to explore ip's and genres outside of western AAA in one post.

Devastator because OP

Constrictor is a fun shotgun that chokes the cone if you hold down left trigger before you shoot. There's an LMG wanna say sledgehammer that's comically slow for a LMG but very heavy hitting with a unique sound which is pretty fun. Lots of guns you can straight up tell which one someone is using just by sound alone because they're all very unique.].
    Yea playing ranger and still trying to find a nice combo, I do like fast weapons but Devastator is nice for the AOE as well, did they fix that thing with stacking 2 avenging harold pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    How to tell someone needs to explore ip's and genres outside of western AAA in one post.
    Who says I don't? Unless we're talking anime games, which despite me enjoying anime the games are hot garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea playing ranger and still trying to find a nice combo, I do like fast weapons but Devastator is nice for the AOE as well
    I honestly haven't been using it at all, just haven't found a great one. Been mostly using my highest power level weps just to have some variety as I go and let the game decide. My two current masterworks are a couple of the hardmode ones Elemental rage and Avenging herald which are ok. The element one is pretty useless for my setup, avenging herald is my strongest thing right now but as an interceptor hovering isn't exactly what I'm trying to do. Its like the game wants me to be a storm with this setup...

Who says I don't? Unless we're talking anime games, which despite me enjoying anime the games are hot garbage.
    Then you don't play many games?

The vast majority of games are not always online, Its actually a small amount that requires it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So this is basically severly scuffed warframe by EA with less variety, less interesting loot, less enemy variety, less content, worse performance, worse UI, worse control, worse QOL and just generally lesser.

Good job Bioware & EA, you spent 6 years making a strictly worse version of an existing free2play game.