Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Loads of bad writing at the hands of Steve Danuser and Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's a simple question. In a fight between Sylvanas and Malfurion, which one would have created an explosion of darkness? The fact neither of you are able to answer this question despite its simplicity and instead are meandering with nothing but personal remarks about your boogeyman of muh Sylanus fanboi says volumes here.
    Hmmm, browse thread signed out, see desperate attempts to get replies. Eh, what the hell.

First, the ignore bit means I normally have you on ignore, this current post with your sneering condescension being a prime example why. It's also HILARIOUS to see you of all people whine about personal remarks (until this post, I said NOTHING to or about you) when your entire MO is to twist things and attack people as fools, ignorant of The Truth According to You, unable to debate, and so on.

But there you go, you got a reply! Congrats! Cuddle those internet points closely and rejoice over getting some attention. Sadly, I won't see your vitriol spewing reply. Have fun arguing on the internet!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-02-25 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    I mean, the explosion was because of Sylvanas. Their powers clashed, Malfurion was thrown back, she was not. She didn't directly throw him back, but she proved more resilient than him.
    I envision a random DBZ scene with this explanation

But Nathanos only fought Genn in Stormheim intro. And the thing is, in the Horde version of the quest, it's Genn that gets demolished. Even if the player does nothing. Yet you're treating the Alliance version as canon, because reasons.
    that's not true.

in the horde version, genn still turns worgen and starts to maul nathanos. he's on his back with genn on top of him.

op, just accept it for the absolute travesty of writing that it is and move on. the horde army should have never even made it out of ashenvale, let alone winning against malfurion. but that's what happened.

Malfurion has been done pretty bad story wise, he was the main hero who stopped the Legion twice.Granted I could see Sylvanas attempting to outfox him and put up a flight with the valkyr.

7+ Year Old Account
    But... what you just described is Sylvanas directly causing the explosion and the one getting lucky would be Malfurion with his quick block that saved him from the bulk of it... That's a description of the fight even more in favor of Sylvanas than what @huth was replying to.
    Man, my dear stalker is smokin crack now, or you'd have to be to interpret that as such.

Raw destructive power means nothing if you aren't smart enough to use it, and as our dear power sliding princess has shown she clearly isn't that bright in actual combat. Ever seen DBZ? Buffed Trunks vs Perfect Cell shows it clearly, doesn't matter how much power you pack, it means nothing if you cannot put that power where it needs to go.

Edit: And to clarify, i'm pretty sure the explosion was more a result of the volatile combination of life and death magic colliding than anything else. Malfurion being the one shielding from a ranged attacker was simply closer to the epicentre of the explosion.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-02-25 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Spoiler, he should have been butchered at that point. Surviving such a fight with one Val'kyr left and not mauled is almost a win.

We are talking about the same supersaiyan that almost wins the War of Thorns and could have killed Sylvanas in an even match (and don't tell me that dude is as strong as Sylv because I'm not buying it), and a powerful priestess who just had an absurd buff that made her able to match Malf in levels of raw power.

Basically, Nathanos was almost killed by a normie old worgen, but could run away in good shape from two Godzillas.
    IMO Nathanos was an after thought, their main attention was on killing the valkyr before the ritual finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    there wont ever be a conclusive answer, ESPECIALLY on these forums.

horde biased will say: nu uh he was losing its in the book!
    allied biased will say: nu uh she was losing its in the game!

no need being coy about the "inconsistency". if you are looking for this forum to come with a conclusive answer that MIGHT make the faction they play look weak or bad, then there is this grandiose structure that helps people cross bodies of water, that i think you should really invest your currencies in.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The book is based on the game.Christie Golden has written it with Bliźard's guidance.The result would have been the same as the game had Saurfang not interfered. I don't see why some people are overthinking it. After all it describes an event from Malfurions's side. What about the Dark Lady? What if she was on her last reserves and that was just a desperate attempt to buy seconds? It doesn't show what happened to Sylvannas. You can speculate that she could be winning or losing but considering the crazy feats of Malfurion in the past and the result in the game the Dark Lady losing part was more possible than the winning part.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    there wont ever be a conclusive answer, ESPECIALLY on these forums.

horde biased will say: nu uh he was losing its in the book!
    allied biased will say: nu uh she was losing its in the game!

no need being coy about the "inconsistency". if you are looking for this forum to come with a conclusive answer that MIGHT make the faction they play look weak or bad, then there is this grandiose structure that helps people cross bodies of water, that i think you should really invest your currencies in.
    That's' why I think that fight was somewhat balanced despite Malfurion being theoretically much stronger. It was a fight between two powerful warriors where one was made to have brains while the other is just not bright (see the pathetic attempt on Xavius for example). And that's the same reason why I thought the other fight was ridiculous, because the forces were massively imbalanced in one side's favor while the other did not even had the cunning to pull out an adequate fight in disadvantage.
    That said, the idea of the whole fight not being focused on the duel, but on the Val'kyr ritual actually helps making the whole thing plausible.

No one said that she was beating him.

this forum will be broken when Azshara comes.

it's bad writing, plain and simple.

Sylvanas is a Strong Female Character.

she cannot lose.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

Sylvanas is a Strong Female Character.

she cannot lose.
    Thats why she is losing constantly.

she is alive for 14 years in WoW after all the shit she did so that's a win

she also destroyed WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats why she is losing constantly.
    Stop trying to use logic against this sort of arguments. The people who pretend gender ideology favores Sylvanas are the same ones who willfully forget a white blonde Caucasian who embodies non-toxic masculinity is bound to win the war and possibly save the entire creation, while the strong female with disorders is so far becoming an evil good-for-nothing loser.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

Sylvanas is a Strong Female Character. stereotypical Hollywood-level badly written OP villain

she cannot lose.
    Fixed that for you. See Hela in Thor: Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Fixed that for you. See Hela in Thor: Ragnarok.
    I had hopes for Hela (she was a badass though) but her goal and lore about her sucked.

Obviously, the explosion sent him flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Stop trying to use logic against this sort of arguments. The people who pretend gender ideology favores Sylvanas are the same ones who willfully forget a white blonde Caucasian who embodies non-toxic masculinity is bound to win the war and possibly save the entire creation, while the strong female with disorders is so far becoming an evil good-for-nothing loser.
    B-bu-but hypno-boobs (whatever that means)!

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    B-bu-but hypno-boobs (whatever that means)!
    Assuming you actually mean that, I was playing off the Hypnotoad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    I think someone else said this but it seems as if they are dialing back on the knaack novels. In those Malfurion is basically turned into an OP god, but they are (i guess you could say retcon) turning him back towards just being another powerful hero, Tyrande as well.