Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Opposite faction mounts conundrum mystery.

Hey

Ive been playing since Burning Crusade and was going through my mounts recently. I have only played Horde and about 98% only one Horde character.

I noticed I have quite a few Alliance only mounts including Swift Green Mechanostrider and similar ones. I drink alot but I am 100% sure I never made an Alliance charactor and bought these mounts. How did I get them, anybody can solve this? Cheers ;-)

A lot of the mounts have opposit faction counterparts that you unlock at the same time. Though will be honest, didn't hear of the racial ones doing that before.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensea View Post
    Hey

Ive been playing since Burning Crusade and was going through my mounts recently. I have only played Horde and about 98% only one Horde character.

I noticed I have quite a few Alliance only mounts including Swift Green Mechanostrider and similar ones. I drink alot but I am 100% sure I never made an Alliance charactor and bought these mounts. How did I get them, anybody can solve this? Cheers ;-)
    You have also never faction changed?

Let this be a lesson, son, alwyays beware of what you're riding when drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing since bc huh.. *narrows eyes*

Faction mounts absolutely 100% unlock the opposite faction, which are mapped:
    Orcs to Humans
    NEs to Forsaken
    (I dont know the rest)

However this does NOT up your mount count for collection achievements. Which is why the Mount tab has a much higher number than the Achievement, which is the same as Statistics > Gear > Mounts Owned on your highest toon (usually a Pally or Warlock).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Faction mounts absolutely 100% unlock the opposite faction, which are mapped:
    Orcs to Humans
    NEs to Forsaken
    (I dont know the rest)

However this does NOT up your mount count for collection achievements. Which is why the Mount tab has a much higher number than the Achievement, which is the same as Statistics > Gear > Mounts Owned on your highest toon (usually a Pally or Warlock).
    Thank you, this all makes total sense now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    errr yes. And just one Horde character too, apart from some boosted characters like DK, Demon Hunter who I only use to farm mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensea View Post
    Thank you, this all makes total sense now.

- - - Updated - - -

errr yes. And just one Horde character too, apart from some boosted characters like DK, Demon Hunter who I only use to farm mounts.

I found it a bit odd in all that time you didn't learn mounts would be unlocked on the opposite faction.

But hey, you learn new things everyday right

I found it a bit odd in all that time you didn't learn mounts would be unlocked on the opposite faction.

But hey, you learn new things everyday right
    God this forum cracks me up. Someone asks a really simple question, and gets a very polite and simple answer to said question. everyone is happy??!!! nope, someone HAS to challenge the op about SOMETHING.

And what's wrong with starting in the Burning Crusade?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    And what's wrong with starting in the Burning Crusade?
    You need to re-read that post. He meant that how can you be playing since BC but not notice something thats been in since MOP.

I mean I doubt this too tbh. The OPs post is written like a 13 year old. Seniority is crazy in this game and this I suspect this nervous new player to the game doesn't want to out themselves as new because often inexperience makes people take their opinion or question less seriously. I don't want to out them but its ok to be new everyone is some time

Quote Originally Posted by Trivelius View Post
    You need to re-read that post. He meant that how can you be playing since BC but not notice something thats been in since MOP.

I mean I doubt this too tbh. The OPs post is written like a 13 year old. Seniority is crazy in this game and this I suspect this nervous new player to the game doesn't want to out themselves as new because often inexperience makes people take their opinion or question less seriously. I don't want to out them but its ok to be new everyone is some time
    It was meant as a joke, I started in The Burning Crusade too. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    God this forum cracks me up. Someone asks a really simple question, and gets a very polite and simple answer to said question. everyone is happy??!!! nope, someone HAS to challenge the op about SOMETHING.
    Seriously, it's weird as shit that people are challenging it. Oh god, someone who plays a faction exclusively doesn't know something about cross faction interactions! It gets even more diluted because plenty of mounts aren't converted cross faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Seriously, it's weird as shit that people are challenging it. Oh god, someone who plays a faction exclusively doesn't know something about cross faction interactions! It gets even more diluted because plenty of mounts aren't converted cross faction.
    i barely play horde at all, and use random favorite on both factions. i boosted a pally on horde in wod, since i already had everything max lvl on alliance, and got bored one day. I was looking through the horde mounts and found a bike that confused the shit outa me. Long story short it was the OCC mount competition winner and since i dont play horde, i just didnt even register or think about it at all.

This thread shoulda just been closed as soon as the true answer was given.

Hey that was me Unless it's the state of BfA in general or Islands or Classes in particular, i'm a ray of sunshine!

Well blizz didnt take away the opposite faction mounts when vanilla was released. You can still see horde with the original horse mounts as well as some alliance with the black worg ones.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Hey that was me Unless it's the state of BfA in general or Islands or Classes in particular, i'm a ray of sunshine!
    Just seemed like a really simple question with a very accurate, polite, and simple answer......Some people only come here for a fight i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    A simple question one who has been playing for all those years never noticed? Hows that not odd.

It's not about challenging or looking for a fight.

A simple question one who has been playing for all those years never noticed? Hows that not odd.

It's not about challenging or looking for a fight.
    As I stated I have never made an Alliance character in all those years (this might seem odd, but true) so never even noticed these Alliance mounts before until I went through my 302 mounts with the unusable tab checked.