Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Actually, 178 staff members, assuming race distribution roughly similar to the US, that would be 137
    At the border in such a job surely the vast majority if not all would be white? i dunno. i still think that is exactly what republican politicians will zoom in on from a report like this.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Just as Stephen Miller planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Share part of blame? So children are partly guilty? The fuck??
    No the rapist is to blame. Children are innocent. Parents are guilty of placing the wellbeing of their children at risk while knowingly committing a felony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Their parents aren’t there. They’re under the guardianship of the government.
    No shit they arent there Haha. That's my whole point. You illegally enter a country knowing that if you get caught, you will be separated from your children. Thats placing then at risk. Thats why parents are to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    why not just start up concentration camps? Surely that would be a good deterrent?
    No, no you can't do that. You can't be the one committing the crime. If you want to deny any responsibility, you want people under your supervision to do the bad deeds. You can't rape children yourself, but you can let them be raped. If the immigrants were to create concentration campesque conditions, that would be fine too. Then you can say, their parents should have thought better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn sounds like a bit of a crisis at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ah, and look how some people deflect everything to the fact that majority of the rapes were done by other non-adults.
    Because surely increasing the chance of it happening is totally OK (putting them in the cages in the first place) or that they were warned against talking to anyone and thus putting an early stop to this is also totally OK?

Same bullshit as spewed by Trump. It is all children's fault, am I right or what? Congratulations.
    Their idiots because even if kids are the biggest offender it should still be prevented, since we have custody and therefore responsibility for them.

If a day care had kids in their care being raped saying that kids are committing the offense won't save them.

Isn't this a duplicate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Proper supervision to prevent such things would be a good start. If theses abuses have been happening since Obama and are still ongoing they clearly need to up there game.
    Zero would be ideal, but, obviously, very unlikely to be possible.

My main problem is that this article have very few information:

"Data provided by Deutch's office show that of the 4,556 complaints investigated by Health and Human Services, 1,303 – 29 percent – were sent to the Justice Department for further review. White said the vast majority of those cases later proved to be unfounded."

So, we know there have been 4556 complaints, but we don't know how many actually were credible.
    Another issue I take with this article is that it does not say how many children were in custody in those last four years.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    No the rapist is to blame. Children are innocent. Parents are guilty of placing the wellbeing of their children at risk while knowingly committing a felony.

- - - Updated - - -

No shit they arent there Haha. That's my whole point. You illegally enter a country knowing that if you get caught, you will be separated from your children. Thats placing then at risk. Thats why parents are to blame.
    Pretty sure the person that has custody and the rapists are to blame....

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Pretty sure the person that has custody and the rapists are to blame....
    Bro we can just disagree, neither of us are gonna come to the same conclusion. Their children would never be here if the parents didnt commit a felony in the first place. We know the number of complaints. Not the number of actual rapes. We dont know the total number of the population of children in those camps. For all we know, the rapes are lower than those in the general population. But we dont have any real stats. All we know are 4000+ big number, Rape bad, trump and America suck! Its just a poor excuse to point at some enemy, claim they are bad, and then feel good about yourself until the next thread with another opportunity presents itself.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up, illegal immigration is a misdemeanor. I think if repeated after being deported it can become a felony. Just a heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...in/2988884002/

An inevitable outcome of this kind of detention. A large group of emotionally vulnerable children in a poorly supervised environment, dehumanised and imprisoned, and instructed not to talk to outsiders or journalists, is like a buffet to predators. Whether they're inside the camps or staff.
    "The data show the majority of the alleged assaults were carried out by other minors in custody, but at least 178 were carried out by staff."

I guess that kinda ends that. Though 178 is 178 cases too many. This is what you get when you put losers and thugs in positions of power over "non-persons".
    Such an environment creates people, bad people, when you've got no insight or transparency into it.
    It's astoundingly messed up how the US separates parents from their children in this manner. It's methods used by totalitarian regimes as a terror weapon. So of course the people willing to execute such tactics are bad people.

And to no surprise, we've people in this thread making excuses, shifting blame and handwaving the issue. Or worse.
    So, look at these posters and consider that they can be like this, then think about what would happen if you put one of these posters to work at that position. Viola! Criminals are born.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2019-02-28 at 05:42 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    While the parants might be to blame for the kids being in custody they are not to blame for any abuses that happen after that point, why is this hard to understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Zero would be ideal, but, obviously, very unlikely to be possible.

My main problem is that this article have very few information:

"Data provided by Deutch's office show that of the 4,556 complaints investigated by Health and Human Services, 1,303 – 29 percent – were sent to the Justice Department for further review. White said the vast majority of those cases later proved to be unfounded."

So, we know there have been 4556 complaints, but we don't know how many actually were credible.
    Another issue I take with this article is that it does not say how many children were in custody in those last four years.
    More info is always nice but if even half that number is true and it’s been going on since Obama that’s a big problem.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-02-28 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    "The data show the majority of the alleged assaults were carried out by other minors in custody, but at least 178 were carried out by staff."

I guess that kinda ends that. Though 178 is 178 cases too many. This is what you get when you put losers and thugs in positions of power over "non-persons".
    Such an environment creates people, bad people, when you've got no insight or transparency into it.
    It's astoundingly messed up how the US separates parents from their children in this manner. It's methods used by totalitarian regimes as a terror weapon. So of course the people willing to execute such tactics are bad people.

And to no surprise, we've people in this thread making excuses, shifting blame and handwaving the issue. Or worse.
    So, look at these posters and consider that they can be like this, then think about what would happen if you put one of these posters to work at that position. Viola! Criminals are born.
    I think alleged and proven are two drastically different things. Especially when it appears they are out to profit from their claims.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bro we can just disagree, neither of us are gonna come to the same conclusion. Their children would never be here if the parents didnt commit a felony in the first place. We know the number of complaints. Not the number of actual rapes. We dont know the total number of the population of children in those camps. For all we know, the rapes are lower than those in the general population. But we dont have any real stats. All we know are 4000+ big number, Rape bad, trump and America suck! Its just a poor excuse to point at some enemy, claim they are bad, and then feel good about yourself until the next thread with another opportunity presents itself.
    ANY rapes in custody of the government is to many rather it be from other children or staff. If the children can not be given proper supervision they shouldn’t be in such places rather or be under trump or Obama there is no excuse.

ANY rapes in custody of the government is to many rather it be from other children or staff. If the children can not be given proper supervision they shouldn’t be in such places rather or be under trump or Obama there is no excuse.
    "Shouldn't be in such places" if you are advocating for taking the money that we are spending on keeping them here, and instead using it to put them on a plane to some airport in their home country and letting them figure it out from there, I'm with you. Not a U.S. citizen, shouldn't be the U.S. problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Never said border security was responsible for that, and never said they need 5 star hotel rooms. All I said was they need to be properly monitored and protected. We are already monitoring them close enough so they don't escape right? Why can't we monitor them close enough to prevent rape?
    It's not a room with 10 immigrants and 20 people watching them. It's hundreds of immigrants and way less people watching them, there's logistic issues here. I mean we both don't work for border security, we don't really know how it's organized but I very highly doubt it's EASY to keep on eye on every single one of them 24/7.

Putting them in a place they can't escape is far easier than actually monitoring every one of them individually.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you really arguing that taking measures to prevent rape is the same as a five star hotel and giving them every thing they want for free? That when you lock up a ton of kids you have no responsibility for there well being? Even when there’s over 100 rapes by your own staff?
    Lol "your own staff".

We shouldn't detain them at all. Tell them, "nope, sorry we are closed" and send them on their way.

Perhaps we should separate the children to only be among other children... Oh wait.........

Quote Originally Posted by trtrrererererer View Post
    You wrote: "Damn, sounds to me like their parents put them at risk by committing a felony. "

And yes I hate people who rape children and also those people who try and justify it. Most sane people do.
    No one is justifying anything. Go take your motherfucking meds.

It really didn't take America long to make children being locked in cages, sexually abused and forcefully ripped away from their parents a partisan issue. Then you sit around and wonder, who is the bad guy in this situation? Definitely them liberals and their gender neutral washrooms. Utterly ridiculous and completely sad. Those poor little kids.