Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The idea of a master portal room is awesome (and probably should have happened years ago)... but removing existing portals is just head-scratchingly dumb.

I guess they must be so desperate now (to show that people still play the game), that they are force-funneling everyone into the 2 major cities.

The old expansion cities will be even more deserted than they already are I would imagine.

Maybe that is the long-term plan though... weeding out the need for expansion cities entirely, so they don’t have to create new ones.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2019-03-02 at 04:09 PM.

I personally like the idea of the new portal rooms but the only thing I'm not too keen on is the removal of the COT portal.

Other than that, I believe that this change will be nice

Jesus fucking Christ. Is this legit?

Blizzard's devs really are completely out of touch. Making the game MORE of a pain in the ass to traverse is the last thing anyone wants. I can't help but wonder if this is another idiotic attempt to "encourage" World PvP?

It really seems like Blizzard has no idea what they're even doing anymore with the game. The art and sound design remain excellent as always, but from story, to gameplay, to general design like this, it feels like they're just handed the reins to a bunch of interns or something.

The game really does need a full-scale "reset" of some kind. Cataclysm-level even, time-skip, *SOMETHING*. Keep all of our achievements and Collections, but just build a new "Azeroth" from scratch, and actually listen to player feedback for when each Class spec felt the most fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    No need as a Mage. I do on all my alts though. And I do have the Argent Tournament tabard, probably in my bank. Did I miss any others?
    The Violet Seal of the Grand Magus teleports you to Karazhan.
    The Potion of Deepholm drops you off in Deepholm and from there you can go to Stormwind / Ironforge.
    The Fractured Necrolyte Skull opens a portal anyone can use to go to the Black Temple.
    Boots of the Bay teleports you to Booty Bay.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    welp looks like i can throw away that dalaran stone and put my hearthstone in panda shrine

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    The game really does need a full-scale "reset" of some kind. Cataclysm-level even, time-skip, *SOMETHING*. Keep all of our achievements and Collections, but just build a new "Azeroth" from scratch, and actually listen to player feedback for when each Class spec felt the most fun.
    They already are doing something by releasing WoW Classic. Maybe its not exact to you specifications, but its *SOMETHING*.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, the reason is pretty painfully obvious. They didn't like having portals scattered all over the city and so decided to add new expandable portal rooms to better keep them all in one logical place. And while doing that and going through the various portals, they decided there were way too many teleports and got rid of a few.

You not liking it doesn't make it arbitrary.
    That ... sounds pretty damn arbitrary to me lol. What if you went to a friends house and saw them throwing out cups and you were like "Why are you throwing away those cups?" and they said "just too many cups". I can accept moving them to one location but why remove any?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You do current content on all your alts?
    Yes, but so we are on the same page the highest content I'll do is M0.

My alts that i farm dragons on are usually parked right in front of instance, spending a bit of a time to travel on your main won't hurt a bit.
    This doesn't really affect me much, I have all the mounts from pre-MoP except the one from Vortex Pinnacle and the Uldum camel which don't benefit from more alts. I'm fighting for my bros who still have to farm.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Well I guess it was coming. Ever since Legion, this game started to be like GW2, where you traveled through portals to get to your destination. There will still be portals, not to the degree it was. We already have loads of teleport items, 3x major city cloak, tol barad tabard + argent tabard, dalaran rings, admiral compass for shipyard (garrison) bladespire / karabor teleport etc etc. it wont be the end of the world, but it wont be instant clicking our way to wherever we want to travel.

On the other hand, guess I'll level up my mage to sell portals just in case that all of a sudden becomes a good source of gold income.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Well I guess it was coming. Ever since Legion, this game started to be like GW2, where you traveled through portals to get to your destination. There will still be portals, not to the degree it was. We already have loads of teleport items, 3x major city cloak, tol barad tabard + argent tabard, dalaran rings, admiral compass for shipyard (garrison) bladespire / karabor teleport etc etc. it wont be the end of the world, but it wont be instant clicking our way to wherever we want to travel.

On the other hand, guess I'll level up my mage to sell portals just in case that all of a sudden becomes a good source of gold income.
    Go right ahead and waste your time doing that. It won't be a good source of income because eventually after the portals are gone players will lose interest in going to the places they went. Also, you won't have a lot of the portals that are being removed...

They should bring portals to IF and other cities too. They destroyed IF in cata by adding portals only to SW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    The positive is that you see the world that's created. Longer travel time makes it feel larger. I get that this ins't a gameplay positive or anything, but it's important nonetheless.
    It's important if it adds something to justify the removal. What is the point in having players travel the world if there's no reason for them to interact with it?

5+ Year Old Account
    While I greatly appreciate the new portals in Orgrimmar and Stormwind, I struggle to understand what benefit there is to the removal of the portals from old places. Do the developers think that it is wrong for players to visit cities from previous expansions? I find this decision really unnecessary, as it narrows down player choice in a open world title, that already suffers from a ginormous world that is mostly useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Just becouse you use them doesnt justifi to keep them. Game had too many portals and start to feel more like lobby game where you just city in city and jump between instances. Thats not how mmorpgs suspostu feel like. You are supotu be out in the world traveling.
    The game is still going to feel like that. That's a byproduct of the game being built around instances. It's also the removal of basically one or two portals and considering the thread on the official forums about this, CoT portals may be re-added.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    welp looks like i can throw away that dalaran stone and put my hearthstone in panda shrine
    Sorry to break it to you, but all the portals there except the Org one is to be removed. The have already removed all horde city portals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is that so that nobody asked for it? Maybe nobody said "Remove portal x from city y" - but even a couple of days a ago there was a thread claiming Classic-WotLK were awesome and people loved it because it had less convenience - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...WoW-popularity

I mean..I disagree with this guy..but people are literally making all kinds of shit up. So time for a "they listen to the wrong people" thread
    I mean, there are definitely people who want it. It wasn't meant to sound as absolute as it does.

In the current state of the game, it'd have to be a very small minority. There's just no upside to traveling when the world doesn't offer anything to accommodate it. Traveling for the sake of traveling is just bad design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    While I greatly appreciate the new portals in Orgrimmar and Stormwind, I struggle to understand what benefit there is to the removal of the portals from old places. Do the developers think that it is wrong for players to visit cities from previous expansions? I find this decision really unnecessary, as it narrows down player choice in a open world title, that already suffers from a ginormous world that is mostly useless.
    My thought exactly.
    Having the old cities being useful as bases also makes the world seem more alive and in use. It is also nice to get a break from the overcrowded and often laggy main cities like Org and Dala.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't bought BfA.Neither planning to. Also, i am unsubbed.

BUT!

I do consider resubbing for classic. And that will give me access to retail WoW till Legion. Removing the portals in Legion Dalaran will definitely hinder ANY attempt i may choose to make playing retail till Legion.

This choice essentially is gimping any effort i ever decide to make to return to retail WoW whenever i choose to. All in favor of an expansion i will NEVER buy and just play whenever is made free. Probably when the next one launches. Thanks again Blizzard for being utterly stoopid to facilitate returning players...
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but all the portals there except the Org one is to be removed. The have already removed all horde city portals.
    #dafuq ?!? i heard there was no shrine portal in og than is this true ?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No you simply dont like mmorpg games. You jist want hop in and out. Which is something what doesnt belongs i to mmorpg but in to arpgs.
    I'm all about roaming the world when its in current zones, but why exactly did they need to remove a portal to CoT? What current content is in that neck of the woods? Now people have to go to Org/SW, then take the uldum portal just to go to CoT. Making people spend more time traveling to dated content doesn't make sense. They only reason they removed portals is because they want to pad their stats on player in-game time. Just think about it, there's a good portion of the community that does solo content whether it's pet battles, xmog or something else. CoT has a lot of xmog content so I wouldn't be surprised if people would go there on their alts and farm gear. Blizzard probably did the math and the amount of time players spending commuting to CoT was enough to justify removing the portal.

You don't honestly believe there was a rational reason behind removing portals in past cities do you?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is that so that nobody asked for it? Maybe nobody said "Remove portal x from city y" - but even a couple of days a ago there was a thread claiming Classic-WotLK were awesome and people loved it because it had less convenience - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...WoW-popularity

I mean..I disagree with this guy..but people are literally making all kinds of shit up. So time for a "they listen to the wrong people" thread
    I mean... Some people love Vanilla/LK for a multitude of reasons, lack of convenience being just one reason among many, and not even among the most important ones. The game has changed A LOT since then, so now removing portals won't make it any closer to Vanilla/LK than a giraffe is close to being a dog, just because both have four paws. It's frankly disingenuous... And I'm saying it as a Classic enthusiast.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.