Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    While I understand that, he's also got 100s of stories out there from his solo series where he didn't need to be depowered.
    I am well aware. I was just telling you one reason they do it. I'm sure you've noticed by now that movie writers and studios aren't exactly the most creative/willing to take risks when it comes to major franchises like this.

Hell Deadpool has a better healing factor than Wolverine, yet they don't depower him.
    Actually...they did. Just not permanently.

Imagine how much better Logan could have been if they had a few mega teched up Reavers or say Omega Red, Cyber or hell even Sabretooth instead of X-24. Imagine if Sabretooth and Logan killed each other, ending the storyline started in Origins.
    Pretty sure they were trying to stay as far away from Origins as possible. For obvious reasons. Not the least of which was that the aforementioned Deadpool was wildly popular, and had just taken a massive shit all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Pretty sure they were trying to stay as far away from Origins as possible. For obvious reasons. Not the least of which was that the aforementioned Deadpool was wildly popular, and had just taken a massive shit all over it.
    Sad part is I actually found Origins to be the best of the Wolverine movies personally. The worst part was the Deadpool crap, if they had actually made Deadpool Deadpool I think it might have been regarded as one of the best of the franchise.
    Last edited by Bling; 2018-10-14 at 04:38 AM.

Sad part is I actually found Origins to be the best of the Wolverine movies personally. The worst part was the Deadpool crap, if they had actually made Deadpool Deadpool I think it might have been regarded as one of the best of the franchise.
    It had its moments...but there was just way too much wrong with it.

why do americans hate on all the game of thrones actor's

Quote Originally Posted by motorized View Post
    why do americans hate on all the game of thrones actor's
    im not american and not all of them suck.

Peter Dinklage, Lena Headley, dude who plays Jamie with the awkward danish nikola name and most of them are all really good.

Its emilia clarke, sophie turner, kit harrington and a few others that suck total dick

their character's were meant to be wooden that's how they were told to portray them try reading the books. every last one had a stick up there arse.

their character's were meant to be wooden that's how they were told to portray them try reading the books. every last one had a stick up there arse.
    you have activated my trap card - Sand Snakes

Their shitty acting/total lack of impact in the tv show vs the books and complete potential plot lines written off because of it. Discard all cards in your deck. Critical damage to your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Emilia Clarke is that bad, but Kit Harrington and Sophie Turner really aren't very good. You can say some of that is the characters and how they are written, but Sophie as Jean Grey in Apocalypse came off just as wooden and lifeless.

While I understand that, he's also got 100s of stories out there from his solo series where he didn't need to be depowered. While I understand the Kryptonite theory, Wolverine isn't Superman, he's honestly not even all that powerful, he just doesn't stay down long. They simply needed to have him fight other mutants, like in Origins. If they didn't keep making him fight hordes of humans they wouldn't have to depower him. It just really shows that they don't want to do any research on the character, just cash in on it. There's a lot of villains they could have used, but they were just to lazy or cheap to make it happen. Hell Deadpool has a better healing factor than Wolverine, yet they don't depower him. Imagine how much better Logan could have been if they had a few mega teched up Reavers or say Omega Red, Cyber or hell even Sabretooth instead of X-24. Imagine if Sabretooth and Logan killed each other, ending the storyline started in Origins.
    I agree for the most part. If Wolvie fights other mutants then things become far more interesting than the cannon fodder that is everyone else.
    He has been defeated plenty of times and the writers need to show it. Admittedly it's probably too late now. The character's popularity has made him poison. "Days of Future Past" was little better than a Wolverine sequel...and shouldn't have been. Had they played that as it was in the comic books it would have been art. (They had the perfect actress in Ellen Page's "Kitty Pryde." She could have owned that role. Instead they wasted her for the sake of a more "popular" character.)

I really have zero expectations for this "Dark Phoenix" movie. There's no setup as there was in the comics. Nothing to expect other than another shitty "Last Stand."

I'm a massive X-Men fanatic.

Take X-Men: First Class, its like they threw out decades of established story they could pull from just to make up something new that was theirs.
    First Class was a terrific film. When fans start blasting terrific films because it changes some things from a book or comic, it rightfully makes people wonder if they should bother with the material at all. This is fandom at its worst.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I agree for the most part. If Wolvie fights other mutants then things become far more interesting than the cannon fodder that is everyone else.
    He has been defeated plenty of times and the writers need to show it. Admittedly it's probably too late now. The character's popularity has made him poison. "Days of Future Past" was little better than a Wolverine sequel...and shouldn't have been. Had they played that as it was in the comic books it would have been art. (They had the perfect actress in Ellen Page's "Kitty Pryde." She could have owned that role. Instead they wasted her for the sake of a more "popular" character.)

I really have zero expectations for this "Dark Phoenix" movie. There's no setup as there was in the comics. Nothing to expect other than another shitty "Last Stand."
    Supposedly it starts similar to the actual comic in terms of them going to space. I'm actually wondering if they actually pull one like the comics did and make it that it really isn't Jean. It would then make sense some of the things Jessica Chastain's character says in terms of you think you belong here but you don't.

When they pulled that sleight that Jean wasn't really dead, they fucked up the epicness of the Dark Phoenix saga.
    And they did it to create what I saw as the beginning of the downfall of Marvel and my love for the X-Men, "X-Factor," as if they were trying to recapture their glory days.
    X-Factor was a terrible idea. And before that, characters that died stayed dead. After that, death became some odd punchline. (sweet jeebus, they even brought back Gwen Stacy...)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like the Last Airbender movie, you cannot make a whole movie on the length of the first season it's impossible. Just like this new X-Men film will never be able to do justice to a movie based one nearly two years worth of build and development of the comics. It cannot be done.

The 90's X-Men animated series was the closest to a good adaptation there has ever been of the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    you have activated my trap card - Sand Snakes

Their shitty acting/total lack of impact in the tv show vs the books and complete potential plot lines written off because of it. Discard all cards in your deck. Critical damage to your argument.
    Because Harrington, Turner and Clarke are portraying the Sand Snakes and they are a crucial part to the story... oh, wait. Looks like you brought the wrong card game, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    When they pulled that sleight that Jean wasn't really dead, they fucked up the epicness of the Dark Phoenix saga.
    And they did it to create what I saw as the beginning of the downfall of Marvel and my love for the X-Men, "X-Factor," as if they were trying to recapture their glory days.
    X-Factor was a terrible idea. And before that, characters that died stayed dead. After that, death became some odd punchline. (sweet jeebus, they even brought back Gwen Stacy...)
    There comes a point when you're a big fan, when you truly realise that in the comics nothing can EVER truly grow or change or develop. Then it all just kinda becomes "blah" and I lose interest in the characters "growth".

Jean coming back again (and again) is one.

Xorn is another. Morrison executed a fantastic deconstruction of the X-Men mythos (the fact Magneto is still repeating the "Xorn cycle" now says a lot). I feel he let it grow mature, and it was ready to move on.. then it all was undone with cheap retcons within weeks.

Spiderman finally got married, started work as a college professor and you could actually start to see a future for him. Then he made a literal deal with the devil and he went back to square one again. I can't help but find the character a little depressing since.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

New trailer is pretty short, but giving a lot of info.

5+ Year Old Account
    People say that Phoenix would own Thanos, cuz she's "multiversal" (draws power from infinite universes) n would simply overwhelm Thanos, even with the infinity gauntlet, so she's the strongest being there is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    People say that Phoenix would own Thanos, cuz she's "multiversal" (draws power from infinite universes) n would simply overwhelm Thanos, even with the infinity gauntlet, so she's the strongest being there is?
    The Phoenix Force is stronger than Thanos, but there are even stronger ... things out there. For example Dr. Strange, when casting spells, uses the name of a being that can only be considered a god of Magic, Cyttorak (he's also responsible for the Gem of Cyttorak, used by the Juggernaut).
    The real higher powers in the Marvel Universe are so far beyond what the heros in the MCU had to deal with, several of them can manipulate reality, energy and/or molecules at will ... that you will never see them on the big screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Marvel universe is a chaotic tale with no real coherence but if we look at the current canon the Phoenix Force is not a multiversal being ( meaning there's a different Phoenix in every reality meaning the Phoenix from E616 - main universe- is a differente being that the Phoenix from E199999).

We need to distinguish between beings that live inside the universe and beings that ARE the universe like the Phoenix Force is a fundamental force of the universe (think in gravity or electromagnetism) and understand that the Infinite Gauntlet saga is 23 years old and in that time many others beings/artifact has proven been more powerful than the infinite gaunlet ( Thanos himself got a higher power using the Heart of the Universe - Marvel The End saga - than the gauntlet because he achieved BEING the universe instead of controlling it).

Some reference ( danm: cant post links)
    Google: comicvine marvel universe power hierarchy

/mode nerd off