Anyone with an AMD Video Card out there?

I am trying to install the latest Radeon 19.2.3 drivers and it won't install the Control Panel. It installs the display driver and HDMI driver and nothing else. Logs says "Path not found". Not sure which MSI I need to be looking at for the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Did you try Display Driver Uninstaller ?
    http://https://www.guru3d.com/files-...-download.html
    Not sure how this is supposed to help I want to INSTALL the control panel for AMD's software.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Not sure how this is supposed to help I want to INSTALL the control panel for AMD's software.
    Because a completely clean installation after using DDU to clean out any random cruft will often fix issues like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    DDU and go to AMD's website. Drivers can be silly and sometimes need to be completely wiped

Oh it did even better. I did the recommended restarting in Safe Mode and when I did I got an infinite boot loop with "Inaccessible Boot Device".

Had to reinstall Windows and now I am trying to fix another issue where the network just cuts out. I fixed it before but don't remember how.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh it did even better. I did the recommended restarting in Safe Mode and when I did I got an infinite boot loop with "Inaccessible Boot Device".

Had to reinstall Windows and now I am trying to fix another issue where the network just cuts out. I fixed it before but don't remember how.
    Sounds like you have bigger problems then just your GFX card. Something is nor right with your system but it could be alot og different things
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Sounds like you have bigger problems then just your GFX card. Something is nor right with your system but it could be alot og different things
    So true. The fact that AMD's software is a pile of garbage. It detected a new Graphics card driver update, downloaded it and then only installed the Display and HDMI driver again. Fails with the same message as before I reinstalled windows. I also got a failure with the chipset install, same 1603 error. Except it only didn't install the Ryzen Balanced power plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    So true. The fact that AMD's software is a pile of garbage. It detected a new Graphics card driver update, downloaded it and then only installed the Display and HDMI driver again. Fails with the same message as before I reinstalled windows. I also got a failure with the chipset install, same 1603 error. Except it only didn't install the Ryzen Balanced power plan.
    Good thing you don't have a Nvidia card then because Nvidia software is even worse lol.

Anyway, it sounds like your motherboard has some issues. I'd replace that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Good thing you don't have a Nvidia card then because Nvidia software is even worse lol.

Anyway, it sounds like your motherboard has some issues. I'd replace that.
    I wiped and reinstalled (again) and also removed the network card swapping to onboard only and it appears to be working. The bigger issue was the intermittent network dropping off. Never fully disconnecting but not allowing me to browse and certain parts of wow just quit working. Wouldn't be able to use group finder, could no longer cast and stuff would randomly stop in the world. Guild chat would stop working. Weirdest thing.