Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Tried a CD cleaner. didn't work.

Xbox 360, dead drive
    PS3, dead drive
    Xbox One, dead Drive
    Ya I'm calling BS on this.

I have owned a stupid amount of systems and the only one that has had a lens go out is the Fat PS2 models. I currently over 2 360's, 2 PS3's 2 PS4's and a crap ton of other systems with no issues.

What are you doing for them to have this issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yea Xbox isn't the way i'd go. PS4 is demolishing it, and I imagine the PS5 will too.
    Thing is when it comes to hardware the XB1 has a sales ceiling it will hit and then that's it. Xbox only does good in the US and Playstation does good everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The problem with discs is that they scratch really easily and then they are worthless. If only cartridges could hold more information..
    You don't know anything about Blu-Ray disc's do you?

You would have to kick it across your house before it has a scratch on it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-03-08 at 12:10 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thing is when it comes to hardware the XB1 has a sales ceiling it will hit and then that's it. Xbox only does good in the US and Playstation does good everywhere.
    Pretty much, and if you're gonna make a console exclusive why not make it for the one that will see the largest audience. Though I'm sure microsoft offers all kinds of incentives that pull peeps their way.

Ya I'm calling BS on this.

I have owned a stupid amount of systems and the only one that has had a lens go out is the Fat PS2 models. I currently over 2 360's, 2 PS3's 2 PS4's and a crap ton of other systems with no issues.

What are you doing for them to have this issue?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know anything about Blu-Ray disc's do you?

You would have to kick it across your house before it has a scratch on it.
    I don't know.. My super smash bros brawl and melee discs for my Wii won't work anymore.. No idea what blue ray discs are like.

Should of been called the Xbox NONE tbh.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I don't know.. My super smash bros brawl and melee discs for my Wii won't work anymore.. No idea what blue ray discs are like.
    Dual layer DVD's are actually trash. Smash Brawl was a dual layer DVD.

Essentially with 2 layers, the protective covering is printer paper thin, rather than .. uhh construction paper thin. So a small mark renders the disc useless.

Wii had a few of those dual layer discs. Most hobby shops won't even trade them. GameStop will though, no idea why - but good place to unload I suppose.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-08 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    When that happens, I think it will be the last nail in the coffin of gaming for me. The games we have these days are SO BAD in comparison to what we had in 2007-2008 (with rare exceptions) that I pretty much just load them to see how they run on my PC, and then give them up. To take out of the equation the PC part where you look at how the CPU/GPU and PC in general are utilized and tweak them would mean I am done with this whole gaming thing almost surely. Already tried Geforce Now and I can't say I'm impressed, and that's on a 1Gbps flawless connection.

Plus, once they do it, it means you no longer actually own anything, just licence/rent. Horrible future.
    07-08 was a pretty shitty time period for gaming. I would put the last 2 years up against those pretty easily... and the last 2 would win. Last gen really didn't start heating up until 09 onward, before then it was literally just a handful of games that where worth a shit. I was still playing mostly PS2 games at the time because the new releases on 360/PS3 where garbage.

Are you actually saying the period where we get generic piss filter shooter games over and over again is better then the last 2 years where we have gotten GoW, Spiderman, RDR2, Nier Automata, Persona 5, KH3, BoTW, SMO, MHW, REmake 2, DMC5 and a slew of other great games(only gonna list the most high profile ones). WTF did 07-09 have to compete with that? CoD4, Halo 3, Gears, MGS4 and Uncharted 1? LMFAO.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-08 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I'm going to continue to not be an XBox owner next gen then, unless I get one for 5 or 10 bucks at a yardsale.

I guess I just like playing my games again, long after Microsoft decides to pull the plug.

A physical collection is impressive, with the cases and cover-art. A virtual collection of games doesn't hold much value or prestige.

Think about it. If someone has a couple thousand really good physical games, the response is WOW! ... Now tell someone else you have a couple thousand virtual games in the cloud or your virtual game hub of choice, and they'll be like .. oh thats nice .. excuse me I need to go.

I guess I could relate it to (1) having an art collection, or (2) just a collection of photo's of great pieces of art. The later is not very interesting.
    So your mad cus they are giving the option to be all digital? Your acting as if they are making it the only option

There are simply no proper RPGs these days anymore, nor MMORPGs.
    Nice goal post move we're going back to 06 now too huh? Even if we just compare RPGs this gen is superior to last. Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Nier Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, DOS 1 and 2, PoE 1 and 2 even your beloved DAO basically got a rehash that was the same damn game on a bigger scale in DAI. 06-09 was nothing special in gaming history at all. I have been playing games since the early 90s and let me tell you if your nostalgia is from that specific time period I kind of feel bad for you. The market is in a far better place then it was then. If your next reply is gonna be "but X isn't an RPG" I won't reply btw cause I have seen that tactic used before and don't care to debate it, all of those games I listed are RPGs.

07-09 was a trash period for gaming where developers where struggling to adapt to HD games. They where some massive growing pains years for them. The most highly praised game from that time period is GTAIV and it's considered a good game, but still one of the worst in the series so what does that tell you about that time period for gaming?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-08 at 04:15 AM.

DAI was trash, I could barely finish it. Took me a year of giving up and then slogging through it. They broke combat. Witcher 3 was great. CDPR is an exception. Nier, didn't like at all, uninstalled after 1 hour. Bloodborne, GoW, Horizon, console stuff, i am not interested in consoles, I like to tweak and monitor my PC. GTA I don't like much either. I only played the 5th to some extent and it's quite good, mostly because of the acting and edgy story.

Don't get this passionate just because somebody doesn't share your taste in videogames. It happens. The market might serve you well now, and that's cool for you, but for me, there's mostly boredom and disappointment in it, at least until Cyberpunk will come out.
    Why post in a xbox thread then....

i am not interested in consoles
    You where interested enough to click on a thread about a new xbox model coming out...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-08 at 04:53 AM.

Blu-Ray's are coated and hard to scratch, check out a youtube video on it. Wii-U,PS3 and Current Gen uses them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Pretty much, and if you're gonna make a console exclusive why not make it for the one that will see the largest audience. Though I'm sure microsoft offers all kinds of incentives that pull peeps their way.
    The thing is (Tinfoil hat on here) I wouldn't be surprised if they are grabbing some studio's cause they know 3rd party's won't do exclusive releases for them anymore even timed ones.

Timed exclusives is a core reason why Dead Rising and Tomb Raider is dead IP's now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Wii had a few of those dual layer discs. Most hobby shops won't even trade them. GameStop will though, no idea why - but good place to unload I suppose.
    As someone who works at Gamestop you honestly would be surprised at the shit we take. Also you would also be surprised at how many people still come in buying wii games even ones that are not first party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    So your mad cus they are giving the option to be all digital? Your acting as if they are making it the only option
    For one console sku they are and they are slowly wanting to make it the only option from them period.

Its been the same message since the start of the XB1 they have just gone a different way about doing it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Blu-Ray's are coated and hard to scratch, check out a youtube video on it. Wii-U,PS3 and Current Gen uses them.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is (Tinfoil hat on here) I wouldn't be surprised if they are grabbing some studio's cause they know 3rd party's won't do exclusive releases for them anymore even timed ones.

Timed exclusives is a core reason why Dead Rising and Tomb Raider is dead IP's now.

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who works at Gamestop you honestly would be surprised at the shit we take. Also you would also be surprised at how many people still come in buying wii games even ones that are not first party.

- - - Updated - - -

For one console sku they are and they are slowly wanting to make it the only option from them period.

Its been the same message since the start of the XB1 they have just gone a different way about doing it.
    Not to mention a lot of PS4/XB1 discs aren't even used for the actual game per se. They install the data from the disc onto the consoles drive.

Pretty sure a majority of PS4 games just use the disc to read the DRM stuff or w/e. So I mean as long as it can do that one time read on the disc to boot it I'm pretty sure it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not to mention a lot of PS4/XB1 discs aren't even used for the actual game per se. They install the data from the disc onto the consoles drive.

Pretty sure a majority of PS4 games just use the disc to read the DRM stuff or w/e. So I mean as long as it can do that one time read on the disc to boot it I'm pretty sure it's good.
    All disc's on both the XB1 and PS4 are there just to be a key to allow you to play the game after a install. Same with PS3 games. The only system using Blu-Ray's not doing that I think is Wii-U. But if I recall right those are kinda special and not actually full blown blu-ray (could be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Tried a CD cleaner. didn't work.

Xbox 360, dead drive
    PS3, dead drive
    Xbox One, dead Drive
    tf is a cd cleaner? The best thing to do is pop them open and clean the lens on the drive head.

I wouldn't buy it. The reason I always buy physical is because the sales and discounts are deeper and more abundant than digital. Even if you save some money on the hardware up front, you're going to be losing it on software unless you basically always buy games at launch for $60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Microsoft really has some naming issues. First Xbone and now Xbox Sad.

Other than that - about bloody time, it's as if consoles are stuck back in early 2000s with their frisbies.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-08 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really all that interested in such a device. Maybe if subsequent console generations have it as an option alongside physical, and the cost reduction actually mattered to final retail price, then maybe. However, right now I'm more worried about download servers being shut down than I am a physical game copy being unusable
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

It's new tech. As I already mentioned, I am interested in tech. I wanted to see specs, performance, price etc. No, I won't buy one, but I still like to know what it can do and what's inside.
    Its not new tech really.

Its the current XB1 without a Blu-ray drive and it will cost likely $200.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Microsoft really has some naming issues. First Xbone and now Xbox Sad.

Other than that - about bloody time, it's as if consoles are stuck back in early 2000s with their frisbies.
    I rather consoles be stuck in the early 2000's with their "frisbies" then to give up ownership of the media I buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Its been the same message since the start of the XB1 they have just gone a different way about doing it.[/QUOTE]

And yet there is zero sign up the disc systems going away at all, anything said is pure speculation with no base at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i cared to prove it, id make a yourube video and show ya’ll that they don’t read disks. They otherwise work just fine.

But at this point ill be exiting this conversation as im done with the accussations and such. Peace!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.