Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

There is no straight answer.

Hi mmo champ, its been a bit.

The one thing ive tried to wrap my head around lately is this, why is so much brainpower wasted in todays younger generation? There are a ton of problems that need to be solved but people are apparently worried about intaking too much gluten or if there dog's food has too much red dye #7?

The reason i made this post is people expect an answer to a question posed on google with a one word answer, but its not that simple. The really hard part is convincing young people to ask the proper questions, everything to them is so up in the air they dont even know whats important.

Life is a funny deal, in the stage of life that you have the most passion you have the least amount of information...

First world problems, when people look for excuses to their mundane existence.

Example; Women outside the West, such as in Islamic nations, suffer from actual issues... here in the West it's "Manspreading!" and such.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-03-11 at 04:57 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

The one thing ive tried to wrap my head around lately is this, why is so much brainpower wasted in todays younger generation? There are a ton of problems that need to be solved but people are apparently worried about intaking too much gluten or if there dog's food has too much red dye #7?

The reason i made this post is people expect an answer to a question posed on google with a one word answer, but its not that simple. The really hard part is convincing young people to ask the proper questions, everything to them is so up in the air they dont even know whats important.

Life is a funny deal, in the stage of life that you have the most passion you have the least amount of information...
    I'd say the people worried about gluten or red die #7 are those uneducated (generally) older people who don't understand science. Young people today are absolutely doing a lot in terms of questioning society; as the always have. You're targeting young people when you should be targeting the uneducated.

10+ Year Old Account
    People can think about more than a single thing. I see no problem with people putting pressure on companies to improve their dog food formulations to avoid potentially problematic ingredients, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    People can think about more than a single thing. I see no problem with people putting pressure on companies to improve their dog food formulations to avoid potentially problematic ingredients, for example.
    You are either the best troll on this forum, or society has done its job perfectly lol.

The straight answer is to read your own post.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    First world problems, when people look for excuses to their mundane existence.

Example; Women outside the West, such as in Islamic nations, suffer from actual issues... here in the West it's "Manspreading!" and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    I'd say the people worried about gluten or red die #7 are those uneducated (generally) older people who don't understand science. Young people today are absolutely doing a lot in terms of questioning society; as the always have. You're targeting young people when you should be targeting the uneducated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    The straight answer is to read your own post.
    You could have left this thread to die!

10+ Year Old Account
    You are either the best troll on this forum, or society has done its job perfectly lol.
    Society has done what job? Why does there need to be dye in food, especially for pets? It's unnecessary and misleading.

Society has done what job? Why does there need to be dye in food, especially for pets? It's unnecessary and misleading.
    Oh goodness lol, im not saying dyes are a good thing in pet food....they probably arent. But what i am saying is people these days are becoming convinced more and more that inconsequential things are important, and have lost site of what really matters.

OP have you ever heard of the word Hyperbole?

hy·per·bo·le
    /hīˈpərbəlē/
    noun
    noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You could have left this thread to die!
    Where's the fun in that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh goodness lol, im not saying dyes are a good thing in pet food....they probably arent. But what i am saying is people these days are becoming convinced more and more that inconsequential things are important, and have lost site of what really matters.
    I don't think so. There have always been people who have been focused on inconsequential things. Now, those people have plenty of mediums through which they are able to propagate their inconsequential ideas, so we see more of it.

Which age group watches evening news and talk shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mentauk the Mindtaker View Post
    OP have you ever heard of the word Hyperbole?

hy·per·bo·le
    /hīˈpərbəlē/
    noun
    noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
    I think you are overexxagerating young peoples ability to distinguish hyperbole, as evidenced by.....looking at what they are talking/thinking about on social media.

People care more about things that effect their lives than those that don't. Shocking.

Society has done what job?
    You should remember you're talking to the "ancient cultures knew more than we do" geocentrist guy before worrying that he's calling you a troll.

To be clear, i undertand kids dont rule the world....yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    People care more about things that effect their lives than those that don't. Shocking.

You should remember you're talking to the "ancient cultures knew more than we do" geocentrist guy before worrying that he's calling you a troll.
    You have it a tiny bit twisted, its not that they knew more....just what was more important.

- - - Updated - - -

TLDR:

As amazing as the internet is, its not good for us. We need to have a starting point for thought by ourselves, and the internet databases of today abolish that. I have zero doubt that if we continue down this path, we will fail as a society. Its also very possible (aka, probable) that ancient cultures either experienced this first hand, or had knowledge passed down from prior generations to avoid this.

I feel this is the plight of man, we are too "smart" for our own good.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have they though? I think it's a problem between what YOU think matters, and what THEY think matters. EDIT: your TLDR sounds a lot like what my schizophrenic uncle would say. It's got no factual basis and is very ethereal; it's like what I'd say when I'm high tbh.
    Last edited by Helgrimm; 2019-03-11 at 05:33 AM.

Why email your city council about fixing that pothole when there's people starving in Africa?

People generally care more about things that directly affect them, and that they can exert more control over.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    Have they though? I think it's a problem between what YOU think matters, and what THEY think matters.
    Let me give you an example, to help you understand.

Opiates. This is a drug that helps people deal with intense pain caused by traumatic injury, but if you read the news today it is an "epidemic" with headlines of people overdosing or what have you. Reality: The government does not want people on opiates because they are less productive, not because its dangerous. Yes there are a few dangers you need to be aware of when taking opiates, but those pale in comparison to actually dangerous drugs that are advertised on cable regularly.

Second example? Vaping. Every single study you have ever seen that refers to vaping as "dangerous" was paid for by the people who are benefitting currently from tobacco sales. If you are unable to understand why this is, there is zero hope for you.

for an individual - red dye and gluten they may actualy be allergic to - matters on a very personal level. you don't get to dismiss small concerns just becasue there are bigger ones. I cannot as an individual solve world hunger. but i CAN solve my dog's health by making sure I feed her better food. worrying about the big stuff when i'm but a tiny cog with NO influence beyond what I personaly do in my own personal life? is pointless and exhausting and does NOT solve those big problems either.

incidentally - opiates ARE a personal problem for quite a few people I know. well not opiates per se, but rather being restricted from them and having to live in excruciating pain as a result. the irony is - they are less productive when in pain, rather then when taking opiates. however. other then voting against new restrictions when possible, exactly WHAT can I do about it? that's right, absolutely NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    for an individual - red dye and gluten they may actualy be allergic to - matters on a very personal level. you don't get to dismiss small concerns just becasue there are bigger ones. I cannot as an individual solve world hunger. but i CAN solve my dog's health by making sure I feed her better food. worrying about the big stuff when i'm but a tiny cog with NO influence beyond what I personaly do in my own personal life? is pointless and exhausting and does NOT solve those big problems either.
    Are you real? People like yourself actually exist?

The reason i get upset with people like yourself is i am trying to help you, but you are so convinced the problems from your life are real you cant take two seconds out of your day to reflect.